Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90697 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I AM THE OLD KNIGHT KILLING MASTER. Between the first heidel flame bonfire and the cathedral of blue is a great place to farm up for low characters/people who suck. The knights show their attacks several hours before they do them and a mace to the face takes them down with pace.

It's also easy to lure them away one by one for problems on NG+'s.

Yeah, I pretty much depopulated Heide's before moving on. At the time it's buku souls, enough to basically buy anything you want from the initial Majula vendors. The only tough guy is the one with the hammer, and goes extinct after 1? kill.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

I AM THE OLD KNIGHT KILLING MASTER. Between the first heidel flame bonfire and the cathedral of blue is a great place to farm up for low characters/people who suck. The knights show their attacks several hours before they do them and a mace to the face takes them down with pace.

It's also easy to lure them away one by one for problems on NG+'s.

Yeah, I pretty much depopulated Heide's before moving on. At the time it's buku souls, enough to basically buy anything you want from the initial Majula vendors. The only tough guy is the one with the hammer, and goes extinct after 1? kill.

Yep, mace-bro dies once and is gone forever because he drops the Sublime Bone Dust.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Can't fight smelter demon because there are too many souls between bonfire and him. I'll have to depopulate the area first.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How the hell are you supposed to get that one chest in the iron keep? The one along the long burning rock path, in the area with all the suspended platforms.
I've tried dropping down from the semi-hidden area, fully human, soaked in water from the jars, with flash sweat on, using an Elizabeth's mushroom to regen health and wearing butterfly armour + cat ring to negate the fall damage. Even with all that, I only manage to open the chest a crack before succumbing to the heat. Does the smelter demon's armour have some fire-negating effect beyond high resistance which lets you walk on those paths, or do I just need to pump my hp up to the point where I can survive long enough to open the chest?

In any case, whatever's in it better be worth it. I can imagine From putting some arrows or something in a next to impossible to reach chest just to mess with people.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

How the hell are you supposed to get that one chest in the iron keep? The one along the long burning rock path, in the area with all the suspended platforms.
I've tried dropping down from the semi-hidden area, fully human, soaked in water from the jars, with flash sweat on, using an Elizabeth's mushroom to regen health and wearing butterfly armour + cat ring to negate the fall damage. Even with all that, I only manage to open the chest a crack before succumbing to the heat. Does the smelter demon's armour have some fire-negating effect beyond high resistance which lets you walk on those paths, or do I just need to pump my hp up to the point where I can survive long enough to open the chest?

In any case, whatever's in it better be worth it. I can imagine From putting some arrows or something in a next to impossible to reach chest just to mess with people.

Do you have a flame quartz ring? Even a base one will help quite a bit. You will also want to wear your highest fire-defense rated gear, and as you mentioned, flash-sweat, some water from the jugs, and healing items. Small orange burrs are also handy, if you have any, though I'm not actually sure how much they help. I've never used one.

Also, make sure you don't miss the item hidden to the right side of the stairs that go to the path, if you haven't grabbed it already.

And if you really want to know what is in that chest, it is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

You forgot the red burr and, like BlackFlyme said, the flame quartz ring.
Spoiler: Ring + Weapon Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I finally got it. The trick was jumping along the path instead of running for it, in addition to all of the above. That was ridiculous.

And then I had to use the wiki to find out how to progress. They could have made it a bit more obvious. I had forgotten all about the shrine of winter by this point.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just raised my fire resist absurdly high. Burr+flash sweat+ring+water+fire resist armor made me take next to no damage from walking there. I imagine a high lv pyromancy flame helps with that though.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, made my way through the Iron Keep. Place was really dwarfy. Megaproject statue in an ocean of magma, large elaborate building, iron everywhere, deathtraps, the works. Also extremely frustrating because the enemies give you so damn many souls only for you to loose them when the damn knights sneak up behind you in a tight hallway. Old Iron King was nigh-insultingly easy, though.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile

The platform is more threatening than the Iron King himself. I must have dodged to my death at least three times.

Though I do wonder just how huge the Iron Keep would have been, had it not been so heavy that it simply sunk into the depths of a volcano. You can notice tower steeples poking out of the lava in some parts.

I can't think of a dwarfier way to lose a fort than sinking it straight into the magma sea.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Imagine how tall Heide must have been, too.

Hmm, have I spread myself too thin? I seem to have 15-25 in everything but intelligence and Vigor (or whatever the HP one is), with 30 in STR.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vigor is always my highest stat and the first one I raise considerably, so below 15 definatly seems extremely low to me. Maybe champion covenant simply makes that a necesity for me though, to not get one shot by everything.
If your faith and attunement are high like that I guess you could run a lightning weapons and some miracles if you're not doing that already. Sun blade and sacred oath are both good for a melee build, or you can get some heals or ranged dmg. Miracles are probably the most versatile of the magics.

I finished up my game with my dual club dude, oh that second last fight
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.

Powerstanced dual +10 poison Caestuses with the Stone Ring and Old Sun ring pretty much makes you Hitlersatan. L1 them a few times to stunlock and poison them, then hold back and let the poison do its thing. Wear the Engraved Gauntlets for added Hitlersatan-ness, the critical hit chance may only be 5% but all you need is that one time it triggers to end a fight quickly.

Keep a +10 dagger in your second slot, so if they try to heal (or give you any backstab opportunity period) you can pull it out and do some major backstab damage, possibly killing them right then and there. If they manage to hit you, the Old Sun ring's fairly easy to trigger, so if they don't roll outta the way they're gonna have an issue.

Also, 40 Adaptability so you have all the roll iframes ever.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:27:35 am by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile

Woo I finally finished this, so I can look at this thread without spoilers.  :)

I was surprised the last boss was so easy!  I remember having a hell of a time in demon souls and dark souls on the final bosses.

I kinda think the smelter demon was the toughest boss in the game, and he was just a minor boss.   ???

I was also entertained that I went through the whole game with an ordinary club as my main weapon.  That club is surprisingly good!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah it seems they made all mandatory bosses relatively easy and the optional ones hard, generally speaking. Probably to increase accessibility and all that nonsense. Final boss was especially anticlimatic for this reason, a real let down.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 53