Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90695 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 2 - Ermahgerd it's out! HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
« Reply #360 on: April 26, 2014, 10:30:35 pm »

Here's how I always kill the Pursuer:
Buckler.
Parry him in front of a ballista, and hustle hardcore to it and fire.
Hit him with weapon one or two times
victory
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 26, 2014, 10:53:27 pm »

Man, I really like that skeleton next to the fogwall near the place on top of the salamander pit. The community breathed life into his rattled bones.

I encourage everyone who passes by there to root for him with a message. Don't give up, Skeleton.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 26, 2014, 11:09:05 pm »

I was wondering why everybody would post messages about skeletons in front of them, I kinda figured they were linked to some kind of secret...

EDIT: I forgot to mention, online actually works in this game now, now I can have jolly co-operation =3

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 26, 2014, 11:09:37 pm »

Skeleton but hole
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 26, 2014, 11:10:44 pm »

Protip on pretty much EVERY enemy that has a weapon.  Circle around them, shield up, in the direction of their shield - counter clockwise, aka "hold your move stick towards the right".  Most weapon swing arcs don't cover their own shielded area, so you can move easily circle without getting hit, and then hit them from behind.

Also, Gyrm Greatshield has 100% Fire Resistance - any physical or fire attack will be completely ignored.  This makes pvp somewhat more interesting!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 26, 2014, 11:16:04 pm »

Pursuer was easy once I actually sat down and paid attention to him. Ballista? Pah. Dodge roll to the right, towards his shield side. That's how I beat him. Oh sure, he's got a 2 or 3 hit combo that will ruin your day if you catch more than 1 part of it, especially the one where he rolls over his shoulder to wind it up. But again, dodge roll to the right. With Heide's Sword +2, it took about 10 or 12 individual hits, maybe a few more. Compared to some DS1 bosses, he spends an eternity standing there doing nothing after his rush attack or sword impalement.

And if anyone is having problems with the Old Dragonrider, basically the same thing. Keep moving/rolling right towards his offhand, and stay very close. Other than a few whirling two or three hit combos that you have to block or get out the way of, most of his stuff can be rolled through and leave you enough time to get a hit in. He telegraphs his aoe for long enough it's easy to roll out of the way of, and all his big lunging attacks will never hit when you're in close and strafing, giving you lots of time to hit him back. I died about 4 or 5 times to that guy until I just got super pissed, walked up and stood in his grille, pimp slapping him with my sword. The AI kinda seemed confused, because it kept turning left and right as if trying to figure out what to do. Who'd have thought, the most effective way to fight a guy with a spear is to get in his face :P

Protip on pretty much EVERY enemy that has a weapon.  Circle around them, shield up, in the direction of their shield - counter clockwise, aka "hold your move stick towards the right".  Most weapon swing arcs don't cover their own shielded area, so you can move easily circle without getting hit, and then hit them from behind.

Also, Gyrm Greatshield has 100% Fire Resistance - any physical or fire attack will be completely ignored.  This makes pvp somewhat more interesting!

She knows :P But do be aware that almost anyone with a weapon will swing completely behind them with one of the multihit combos, just to catch the unwary napping. It's becoming such a regular pattern, the weak right side of most enemies, that I'm wondering if they're going to switch mid-game to something else. Like guys who fight left-handed. I know that enemies can in fact lock on to you and follow you with their wind up. So it's deliberate that several nasty enemies and bosses don't do it, or dodge rolling and circle strafing wouldn't be half as effective. Kinda makes me wonder if they're pulling punches in the first half of the game so people don't get discouraged and quit.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:23:29 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 26, 2014, 11:20:51 pm »

Pursuer was easy for me... because I tackled him with 2 summons. I figure, I keep using boss fights to regain humanity for free, it's only polite to return the favour!

Honestly, I'm already thinking about rolling a second character in the Champion covenant. Summoning is so amazing, trivializing bosses and letting you restore humanity for free, that it's making the game too easy. Pure melee + no summons + harder fights might make DS2 hard again.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 2 - Forward, and to the right. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
« Reply #367 on: April 26, 2014, 11:25:10 pm »

Pure melee + no summons + harder fights might make DS2 hard again.

That's the way I've always played it :P I don't think I've ever actually jolly-cooped with anyone, PC or NPC.

Although this time I broke down and bought up some Faith to get some extra heals on top of my Estus....and Lifegems...and the multitude of other useful consumables I have.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 27, 2014, 12:07:40 am »

Belltower Covenent is fucking crazy.  I'm repeatedly getting summoned within a second or two of dispatching the last vile trespasser.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 27, 2014, 12:37:20 am »

Man, fuck these guys with the huge dark-enchanted axes. They hit harder than most bosses I've faced, are quick as shit up to and including recovering from stagger, and there are a ton of them in Hunter's Copse ><

-Edit-

Ah hah, yes, now I see....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:54:36 am by nenjin »

ShadowBroker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2014, 01:38:22 am »

Man, fuck these guys with the huge dark-enchanted axes. They hit harder than most bosses I've faced, are quick as shit up to and including recovering from stagger, and there are a ton of them in Hunter's Copse ><

-Edit-

Ah hah, yes, now I see....

i forget how i beat them. i think i just backstabbed the lot of em. i was so focused on beating them and getting to yon coliseum i didnt know anywhere else to go
Aside from that, being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2014, 05:07:30 am »

I have to agree with nenjin the game is much easier than dark souls 1 I have gathered about 8 boss souls in my small amount of play time ( I think about 9 hours ) the only boss I really had trouble with was rat authority. Maybe the whole game the first time round is to get you into it and the real game begins at NG+?

I think I'm going to stop using the fast travel and walk around I find it's making the game feel to short.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Grey_Wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2014, 05:29:29 am »

The only -Enemy- I've actually had trouble with is the Three Sentinels, damn those were hard, I died about 4 times but finally overcame then with the help of a phantom with a very powerful ranged magic attack. Overall I'm finding the game to be far easier than both Demon's and Dark Souls, maybe it's because I've been conditioned over two games to just recognize and remember attack paterns fairly easily? I agree with You too Script, I've been playing for 12 hours so far and already seem so very far into the game.

I really hope it gets harder on NG+, but am also saddened, because much of the mystery will be gone. I agree with You on the whole fast travel thing...I feel it cheapens the experience and sense of world somewhat, but then again, Drangleic is quite big, and with all of those enemies to fight when You say..want to go back to Maj and level up..well..xD.

Those sea serpents you sold me, they won't mate. They just swim around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer sea serpents. I want my money back.

Urist McFreud, Chief Psychotherapist Dwarf, has much to say regarding this statement.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 27, 2014, 05:42:00 am »

I'm not sure why they separated leveling up and increasing your Estus flask count from the Bonfire. I suppose so you can level up without resetting enemies but...Anyone tried to kill that chick yet?

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 27, 2014, 06:57:05 am »

I'm not sure why they separated leveling up and increasing your Estus flask count from the Bonfire. I suppose so you can level up without resetting enemies but...Anyone tried to kill that chick yet?

Even if you kill her there would most likely be a grave stone where you could summon her again for the cost of a couple thousand souls..

Also has anyone else come across any cheaters yet ? I was doing a invasion yesterday and the guy would not lose any health at all no matter what I did, he even ignored me.... *sighs*
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:58:58 am by ScriptWolf »
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 53