Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90651 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 2 - Ermahgerd it's out! HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »

Thinking of respecing my Greatshield Uber Tank into a Zweihander wielding Pyro, similar to my DS1 char.
So I guess, before I potentially make a terrible mistake:
Is the Zweihander still as much a boss as the first game, and:
Do Pyromancies scale with intelligence for cereals? I've heard they do, and just want to make sure before I dump points into being smart.
Int and Faith, looks like.

Haven't tried keyboard controls, but I may have to, as my lb doesn't work and parrying isn't as easy/powerful.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2014, 08:09:44 pm »

Pro-tip for anyone with weird controller issues.

If you've got a USB Logitech controller, underneath there's a switch for Direct or X-Input. Flip it to X-Input so the buttons are mapped right.

Edit:

Also, anyone figured out how to make the bloody mouse cursor quit moving to the center of the screen?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:17:55 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2014, 08:21:43 pm »

I'm just using a $5 gamestop xbox controller. I think I should go get another one, this lb thing is going to be a problem.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2014, 09:34:00 pm »

Whoever designed that fucking horrible thing with the arms should be promoted and then locked safely away somewhere.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2014, 09:53:44 pm »

So, has the lighting engine shown off in the prerelease footage made it into the PC version? I might get it when it goes on sale, if it has significant improvements over the console versions.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 25, 2014, 02:00:22 am »

So, has the lighting engine shown off in the prerelease footage made it into the PC version? I might get it when it goes on sale, if it has significant improvements over the console versions.
I'd check for you, but I have to run it with the settings down and thus can't really tell. Presumably that's what all those sconces are for, though.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 25, 2014, 10:43:44 pm »

Respecced into a Zweihander Pyromancy build.
The Zweihander isn't as OP as the first DS for sure.
But holy shit, Pyromancy.
Like, Fireball is slightly underwhelming, averaging 300~ damage at a +4 Flame.
But... Flame Swathe.
Damn.
I was not expecting 900 damage on an Old Knight.
Its a shame I'm at the Iron Keep where fire is USELESS.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 25, 2014, 11:01:42 pm »

Soo...

I just saw some people attempt a blind playthrough of this game. But they also did it as a drinking game: 1 death, 1 drink. And being blind, the first area they stumbled into was Heide's tower of flame.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 26, 2014, 01:47:08 am »

I don't get what issue people have with Heide's Tower.

Me and my friend both found it much easier than Forest of the Giants.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 26, 2014, 01:54:51 am »

Especially if you don't try to fight the enemies, as they're pretty easy to avoid. But these are slightly tipsy people going in completely blind.

And just noticed a problem that will prevent me from playing until I can fix it. Tried to recreate my Xbox sorcerer character on the PC, only to find out that in addition to the fog doors being screwed up, magic effects, bloodstains, and the glow over items does not appear, which is a major problem.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 26, 2014, 02:09:55 am »

Ouch, that really sucks. I feel for you, man. :<

In relation to the Heide's Tower thing - I've heard people act as if it's the catacombs of dirk serls 2, as far as people rolling down on into it at the beginning and getting wrecked goes.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 26, 2014, 04:31:29 am »

The only reason I found Heide's tower even remotely difficult was that one three pack of goons. You can single pull the first but the second two come rushing at you in a pair, and they're fairly nasty with overlapping swings.

But once I kited far enough to have them reset, I found I could single pull them from there on. And then it was easy. I suppose if your build requires you to stand still for very long, they might be tougher.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 26, 2014, 07:54:57 am »

The only reason I found Heide's tower even remotely difficult was that one three pack of goons. You can single pull the first but the second two come rushing at you in a pair, and they're fairly nasty with overlapping swings.

But once I kited far enough to have them reset, I found I could single pull them from there on. And then it was easy. I suppose if your build requires you to stand still for very long, they might be tougher.

My first run in Heide's was pretty much this, died about a half a dozen times vs that duo before I figured out how to separate them, then it was smooth sailing from there.

My second time running through Heide's I was doing a hex build so I started as a sorcerer and tried to rush straight to Huntsman's copse so I went to Heide's first. Turns out the place is a lot harder when you have 5 vigor and nothing but a dagger and enough soul arrows to kill two of them.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2014, 09:27:23 am »

Woo alright let's play this motherfucker.

First impression:
Why is there a second of delay on all my character's attacks? Well, half a second more like, still a long time. I've also had my character flat out refuse to attack after repeatedly pressing my attack key, despite being full on stamina. Feels really off.
Visually stunning even on my old rig, shiny.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:32:40 am by Jelle »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2014, 10:10:01 am »

Jelle: Are you using a controller or a kb+m? The default kb+m scheme is set up strangely, the attacks are set to click and double click, and like in ARMA where it has that feature, there is a slight delay where the game is checking to see if you're trying to do a single click or a double click.

I recommend using a controller for this game anyways, but inventory management and sniping from safe spots isn't bad with the mouse.

I've also noticed that they screwed up a bunch of weapon combos, in DS1 you could typically do strong attack+light attack or combinations like that, but in this game a lot of the weapons I've encountered do not have combos like that, so you either have to do all light attacks or all strong attacks, because if you try to mix it up your character will casually move back to a ready position after his attack and -then- do the attack you wanted.

Plus the kick/charge attack is almost impossible to do, I am still so very bitter about that since it makes shielded enemies sooo much harder than they need to be.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53