Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 53

Author Topic: Dark Souls 2 - PC Controls are the final boss. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.  (Read 90731 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 2 - Forward, and to the right. HERE THERE BE SPOILERS.
« Reply #435 on: May 01, 2014, 12:14:13 am »

Well, at least PC people get to use their Character names online rather than PSN/Xbox Live/Steam names, plus no subscription aside from paying the ISP. And honestly, for those saying we ought to get gaming mouses, USB controllers or joysticks cost about the same. My cheap-ass one from gamestop only cost $5.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 01, 2014, 12:18:54 am »

So what's going on?  PC Master Race what?  "Wait for the REAL version to come out on PC" what?  Fluid controls with better FPS what?

Wired XBox 360 controller. Better FPS, same controls as the console, better graphics. PC master race endures!

...except for the censorship, because hilariously enough 'master' is a bad word. "PC ****** Race" FTW!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2014, 12:27:47 am »

Censorship, what? (Googles) Are we seriously having the Scunthorpe problem? I know they're trying to prevent retarded names but scunthorping only leads to even greater stupidity: http://i.imgur.com/UDgu2DI.png

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 01, 2014, 03:02:54 am »

Yep, the might of clbuttic has returned. It's simple substring replacement, and the list of words includes "ho", "nig", "ead", and "master", among some slightly less insane swear words.

"Knight Thomas" displays as "K***ht T**mas".
"Chosen Undead" displays as "C**sen Und***".
"Masterless Glencour", if a name that long was legal, would display as "******less Gencour".

Names chosen to showcase how absolutely terrible the implementation is - DS2's own NPCs fail the censorship check!

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 01, 2014, 07:18:47 am »

That explains why that swagmaster420 fellow I tried to summon in Drangleic Castle had so many asterisks in.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wooh I finished the game! I don't get it though did they keep the easiest bosses for last?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Started a new character, thought I'd try power stance with two clubs. Hot damn this stuff is overpowered. lv 20 and I'm dealing up to 300 dmg in a single heavy power blow. I pretty much instagib the ironclad knights in the fortress area. This is just crazy powerful especially considering the scaling on these weapons.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

So I came across a dude turned to stone in the Lost Bastille... Went up to and examined him; realized I couldn't get past to the bonfire. Go back down the stairs.
"Huh, that's weird, I don't remember these stone statues being here."
I then go outside to see what's out there/to look stuff; then go back inside.
"... There were definitely only 2 statues last time I was in here. Why are there 3"
Turn around. Turn back around.
"OH SHIT THERE ARE 4 STATUES SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT."
Go down a level. More statues. Could've sworn I saw one turn to face a different direction when I looked away as well. Nope'd the hell out of there. I've seen enough Dr Who to know where that sort of thing leads.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, I've been to where you're talking about before and the 'statue' blocking the bonfire is the only one I've ever seen before.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, I've been to where you're talking about before and the 'statue' blocking the bonfire is the only one I've ever seen before.

Yep, the spoiler above is exactly right.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Curse immediately reducing you to half-health and preventing you from reverting it until you went to go use a consumable that costs many souls (And they'd probably only make available in limited quantity) would be unfair and really, really annoying.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

That's exactly why they eventually gave Oswald in the first game infinite purging stones. I remember hearing he used to have a limited supply, meaning if him and the female undead merchant ran out you'd have to find the clam things in ash lake to cure your curse.

Though honestly, they knew curse was kinda shit in Dark souls. It was extremely rare to the point you don't need to worry about it almost. I'm glad they can actually use both curse and petrification in DS2.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It used to be that you couldn't teleport to the bonfire in Seath's chamber either so it was harder to farm the stones. They added a ton of teleport spots in PTDE
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:08:17 pm by OzyTheSage »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

That's exactly why they eventually gave Oswald in the first game infinite purging stones. I remember hearing he used to have a limited supply, meaning if him and the female undead merchant ran out you'd have to find the clam things in ash lake to cure your curse.
Couldn't you just visit Ingward?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Oh yeah. I forgot about Ingward since there's so damn few chances to get cursed.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ingward was a pain in the ass to get to early game unless you knew what you were doing. Though at least curse made it possible.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 53