Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS Beginner Noobie Question  (Read 812 times)

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
LCS Beginner Noobie Question
« on: April 10, 2013, 10:05:26 pm »

I have been playing for awhile, but usually it ends up horribly since I get impatient.  I now actually have a sleeper empire and 40 or so liberals but aren't trained in combat.  I am kidnapping some military soldiers for training my guys but the problem is I somehow raised gun control awareness for the first time in all my games.  Now i can only get pistols, so I was wondering how would you change things like gun control, homophobia, death sentence etc.  Some are obvious but some aren't for me

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Beginner Noobie Question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 10:22:10 pm »

Well, I haven't really tried to do this but I would just kind of wait it out.. Try not protesting for a while, just train your dudes and let the awareness fall out a bit. You could also try to alienate the people in an area where gun control is an issue.. I dunno where that would be though?

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:47:38 pm »

Only ways I know to influence Gun Control are to speak about it in a media takeover, paint a mural about it, or have it come up in the Supreme Court (they're biased in favor of C when it comes to Gun Control: 2d Amendment and all).  It's possible that the CCS might be able to make guns more palatable if the Liberal Guardian gets out of the way, but I wouldn't count on it.

Frankly, I'm not sure why you'd need to loosen Gun Control though, unless you're just curious about the M249/Deagle/MP5 or respect the ingame policy positions.  M4s & M16s can be found lying around at the Army Base.  Spare ammo can be had from one or two good hits on the CCS.

If you're a violent LCS, I'd suggest Martial Arts/Sword instead as those don't run out of ammo.  Shotguns are always legal and work extremely well against unarmored hostiles; Police/SWAT may be able to survive a shell but will probably feel it.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 06:31:50 pm »

Nah, its just that I want to influence it myself like all the other policies.  Some are pretty vague, I guess they sort of rise when Liberal awareness is greater

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 07:15:10 pm »

Closest I've seen to a general rise would be long-term daily use of the Liberal Guardian, and even then it's difficult to distinguish between that and a few effective murals.  In general, Hackers, Graffiti artists, and media takeovers are the best way to try for issues that don't seem amenable to a site raid.

(I've had the media people demonize the CCS even when I turned the CCS off at game start, for instance.)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 02:11:07 pm »

I think you can affect gun control just by shooting shit up. Like, when you gun people down with your legal firearms, people will get more worried about firearms maybe being a bit too legal.