Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: You are a Satellite  (Read 16351 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Satellite
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2013, 12:42:37 pm »

Move first to 13, 2, and examine point of interest and then do a visual scan upon anomalous zone before entering.

Scan plants and animals if the Observer is equipped to do so.

Concur.

COMMAND: If analysis is not possible by the observer, then collect soil, atmosphere samples to return to ship for analysis.

Also, Collect plant and possibly animal specimens for ship-board scan if in-the-field scanning is impossible.
Screw it. COMMAND: COLLECT ALL THE SAMPLES.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2013, 12:44:31 pm »

Error: Observer cargo space insufficient to hold all nearby samples. Rover required to hold most of it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2013, 12:49:33 pm »

Hmm... In that case...

COMMAND: collect small samples of earth, atmosphere, water if available, and plant/animal species if they can be carried.

COMMAND: If they cannot, then search database for a designated cargo/mule rover blueprint.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2013, 01:31:50 pm »

Hmm... In that case...

COMMAND: collect small samples of earth, atmosphere, water if available, and plant/animal species if they can be carried.

COMMAND: If they cannot, then search database for a designated cargo/mule rover blueprint.

Agreed.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2013, 01:43:31 pm »

((Technically the rover we started with is a cargo rover since they expected a lot of pickups, but I can make one thats all cargo and minimal sensors instead if you guys want.))
>Target: Anomalous zone #1 edge
>Move: 13,2
>Scan before entry, Visual
Complex movement command accepted.

Point of interest result: Large rock formation, Innumerable lightning scorchmarks from top downwards. No notable erosion otherwise. Minerals detected at top edge and throughout structure. Structure rammed by Observer, small portion obtained of outer rock. Basic analysis suggests high density and wind resistance. Portion hurled at rodent-like, both collected. Analysis of impact site indicates no likely important features, animal should survive for further analysis.
>Scan nearby flora
......Interesting plants detected. Detected traits: Alive, internal fluid structure similar to coolant. Plant obtained.
Next plant: Dead, irradiated with high concentration of xray wavelength. Appears to have burst open. Plant obtained.
Further flora analysis halted to hold other objects if located in anomalous zone.
>Atmospheric sample
Obtained, sample located in cell.
>Dirt sample
Stored in cargo hold.
Current Weather: Clear Sky, Moderate.

Spoiler: Observer Alpha Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Satellite Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Legend (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2013, 02:00:32 pm »

QUERY: How resistant to electrical shock is our Observer?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2013, 02:02:35 pm »

>Query.ElectricResist
Badly if floating. Reasonable if touching the ground. Not perfect by any means.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2013, 02:05:53 pm »

explore anomaly, use extreme caution.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2013, 02:13:42 pm »

>Process scan information to determine the composition of the plants, coolant-like substance, and mineral sample. Send results to satellite for collation; determine probable cause for observed traits.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2013, 02:22:51 pm »

Rescan anomaly. It seems to have shrunk by 2 square units in 15.0 and 15.5.
Query: Can Observer make a return to ship? If so, can cargo survive a return
Search database for a Worker-type rover/drone blueprint and Geothermal generator blueprint.
Query: What is our level of coolant?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2013, 02:27:32 pm »

The satellite or the observer coolant?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2013, 02:28:30 pm »

The satellite.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2013, 03:02:42 pm »

>Rescan anomaly
Scanning.....ok
Error corrected. ((Whoops >.>))
>Query.OrbiterReturn
Affirmative.
>Process scan information
Satellite contains more advanced sensors. Continue Y/N?
root@Atorek_002>NetQuery.WorkerDrone
Blueprint downloaded. Insufficient materials.
root@Atorek_002>NetQuery.GeoPower
Blueprint downloaded. Insufficient materials.
>Query.Coolant
General Coolant: 3/4ths full.
Cannon cooling subsystem: Full.

(Anomaly post next, give me a moment to fix my typo and draw what it looks like besides a swath of ?'s.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2013, 03:06:21 pm »

> Search database for small courier craft. Construct and deploy to retrieve samples for satellite analysis.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2013, 03:08:58 pm »

The Observer can return by itself, though. I'm not saying we'll have no use for that, but right now we're not really pressed for time or anything that would need a dedicated courier when we have several other structures we could construct with the same materials.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12