Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: You are a Satellite  (Read 16345 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Satellite
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2013, 09:18:26 pm »

Begin observation of planet, focusing specifically on wobble, rotation speed, and orbit. After, begin calculation of seasons, day, and year.
Search database for what the hyperdrive lights mean.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2013, 09:19:53 pm »

nearby number is decimated from repairs.

Only 1/10 asteroids in the area gone? We have work to do.

>Launch: Rover 1
Objective:Test for materials and resources, initiate visual scans.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 09:22:56 pm »

> Modify directive 75 to "hard drive lights"
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, 09:23:34 pm »

The harddrive lights are status lights. One is damaged, one is mostly undamaged, and one is undamaged. Hold on for a bit, I need to move the starting map from 'sorta close to the power hub' to 'volcano region'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2013, 09:29:03 pm »

I concur with Inithis's orders. Also:

Query: Are there any dense clusters of energy on the planet of sufficient volume to suggest civilization?

Command: preform optical scans of the planet's surface, prioritizing artificial structures and list of selections of most advanced visible constructions.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2013, 09:38:43 pm »

List models of stealth aerospace drone which can be manufactured with our current facilities.

((By the by, if we're in a binary star system there are two stars.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2013, 09:48:22 pm »

(Yes there is two stars, but it wasn't counting stars, it counted binary stars. There is a single binary composed of a duo of stars.)

>Scan.Energy_Signatures
Cycling Optics Cluster Scan..
Visuals...Negative. No notable structures from orbit.
Infrared...Positive. Clusters of heat spotted at volcanic regions, and near estimated power hub locale. Power hub region infrared detection is spread out over a wide area.
Ultraviolet...Inconclusive. Wide swathes of land have unexpected ultraviolet detection, though these areas are also devoid of any orbit-significant infrared detection and some have significant x-ray presence.
X-Ray...Positive. See above.
Main Scanners: Notable but undecipherable radio signals near x-ray responses. May in fact be static. Radar power beam signal continues to pulse from power hub region at irregular intervals and strength.

Observer blueprint downloaded. Base version requires average rover materials and an improved stealth system, with heightened passive sensors.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:50:59 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2013, 09:51:28 pm »

COMMAND: Scan for Gamma radiation or fallout consistant with nuclear weapons.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2013, 09:54:05 pm »

>Nuclear Scan
.......Negative. Radioactive materials detected in sparse amounts near surface underground. Gamma radiation not detected except occasionally from materials.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2013, 09:54:42 pm »

Have we Begin observation of planet, focusing specifically on wobble, rotation speed, and orbit. After, begin calculation of seasons, day, and year. This is the third time I asked.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2013, 09:56:14 pm »

> Direct rover to analyze nearby matter for useful material.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2013, 09:56:19 pm »

Yes, we have, Name. I just didn't think I'd need to define all of that, I only had the orbit and the day/seasons/year.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2013, 09:58:19 pm »

Sorry. Just wasn't sure if I was being ignored.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2013, 09:59:39 pm »

Hm...

COMMAND: Comp Cent should attempt to identify possible situations that could cause the anomolous X-ray readings and list them in order of most to least likely.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2013, 10:02:20 pm »

I've kept track of most things Name (I even did the misspelled one because why not), but I can't really pull that stuff out of nowhere if I need to without sounding like I did infact throw in random numbers and then say the planet also had life on it. Otherwise we could end up with Uranus as a rocky planet or something :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12