Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Tumblewyrd [6/6 players]  (Read 5816 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Re: Tumblewyrd [6/6 players]
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 04:49:50 pm »

Turn 0: Prologue

It's a fairly calm and silent night, as six people shrouded in the dim light of the electric street lights make their way up onto the town's almost entirely deserted rickety wooden train platform.
In fact, their only other company up there is a tired looking man in fine clothing, which against all odds, is still clean, despite the thin layer of sand and dust covering the platform. He stands beside a crate about half his height and about two feet around.

He takes a glance over at them, frowning slightly.

"I take it you folks're here for the job? Hmpf... Good timing, I suppose. Train should be arriving shortly."

He turns his gaze back towards the horizon, leaning on the crate slightly more. Soon, as he said, the train- lit up by a single blue, electric light mounted on the front of the leading car- comes down along the rails.

As soon as the train comes to a steady halt, the well-dressed man sighs and begins to drag the crate into a storage car.

Party Statuses

Spoiler: Filhurd (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marianne (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Silas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rhea (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gerome (click to show/hide)
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 06:18:47 pm »

Marianne returned the frown with a raised eyebrow instead, then nudged her little brother with her elbow. "...Don't think he cares too much for the look of us, bro," she said, faintly smiling. She was used to this sort of thing; not many people took her that seriously until they got to know her. The train arrived before she could say much more to him, and she shrugged. "Might as well get this thing loaded up," she said, moving to help the stranger get it aboard. "So, what's your handle, anyway, mister? I'm Marianne Blake. This is my brother Gerome." She indicated him with a tilt of her head.

Marianne speaks to the man and helps him load the crate.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 06:28:30 pm »

As Marianne goes to help the man, Silas stays rooted in place, with a firm hand on the sling of his shouldered rifle, his only motion toward the man being a slight look in his direction.
"Sir, I don't mean to be rude or unprofessional, but your advertisement was rather lacking in detail about the nature of this job. I'm not asking about your cargo; far as I'm concerned that's none of my business. But, in order to do this job properly, I need to know what to look out for, so I must ask: exactly what sort of trouble are you expecting?"
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 07:13:38 pm »

He smiles appreciatively at Marianne as they lift the crate up into the train.

"Sorry. Long night, y'know? Name's Francis Martin."

He turns towards Silas after they get the crate loaded, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"Truth be told, I'm not quite sure.
I know I'd rather not risk the thing getting stolen. And then, there're certain groups that'd prefer this stuff wasn't so much as touched. Superstitious and all that.
Wouldn't have thought it'd be a problem, but then again, those sort of people can be a bit violent."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 07:16:16 pm »

Fulgrim speaks up from the back of the group. "Any special precautions we need to take?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »

"Sounds like the usual, then, Mr. Martin," Marianne grunted as she helped move the crate along. She was curious as to how he would answer the other man's question about precautions, so said nothing else for the moment.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 07:44:03 pm »

"Keep an eye out for anything odd, I suppose.
And let's try to have someone directly watching over the cargo most, if not all of the time."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2013, 09:15:34 pm »

"I have trouble sleeping, so I can take care of that during the night."

Alexander casually adjusts his gun, and his Hatchet, making sure he still has them from the journey over.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2013, 09:31:46 pm »

"So you're not aware of any specific threats, then. Very, well, I shall have to keep a sharp eye on the horizon."
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2013, 09:33:53 pm »

"Well, there's six of us. We could manage three eight hour shifts in teams of two, if you guys are game."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 09:38:49 pm »

"The only thing with that is, that if any one of us feels the need to kill someone, it would be a lot easier when it's a two-person shift. Singular people have less of a chance of dying.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 09:48:57 pm »

"You make a habit of suspecting the worst out of everybody you meet?" Marianne shrugged. "Could always do six shifts of four hours then."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 10:07:54 pm »

"Let's not give in to this lunatic's paranoia. What reason would any of us have for killing each other? We're all strangers here. And having only a single guard posted at once would weaken our defense in case of attack, making the death of a single guardsmen much more likely. We should have two people on watch at all times, and break up the shifts somewhat so people don't zone out or get too tired and miss something."
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:57 pm »

"Yeah, I'll go for 2 at all times. That way if one of us gets surprise killed the other can get help."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 11:44:24 pm »

"I don't encounter many people where I'm from, so I've learned that the only person or thing you can trust is yourself. And sometimes not even that.

Besides, what if the person Surprise attacking you is the person you're with? Would they get help then? No they'd throw your body off the train, fake being asleep, and act surprised when someone walks in and questions him. Or her.

I'm not taking chances. I vote for single-person guarding."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8