Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Tumblewyrd [6/6 players]  (Read 5813 times)

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
Tumblewyrd [6/6 players]
« on: April 10, 2013, 12:22:01 am »

Tumblewyrd:
I've got one magic bullet and six chambers. Roll.

Not long before the turn of the 20th century, an ever increasing number of oddities and artifacts had begun to be discovered out in the American frontier.

When word first came out about this bizarre occurrence, the curious and some simply aiming to bolster their pockets came in droves.
Soon enough, these items came to be passed around the west. Many of them were just somewhat interesting trinkets, but some had odd abilities and effects on those that carried them.

This, as one might imagine, was of great interest to the more scientific types.  They rushed to research and exploit the new found resource, ultimately leading to the creation of a variety of advanced(if somewhat unstable) inventions.

As it happens, a particularly powerful artifact has been recently found and is currently on its way to a safe location to be examined closer. It is believed to be one of the most powerful relics discovered thus far.

Of course, such an important scientific discovery does need a few guards to to keep an eye on it.

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other things (click to show/hide)

Current Players
Spoiler: Xantalos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kadzar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greenstarfanatic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Waitlist
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:42:42 am by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Tumblewyrd [0/4 players]
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 12:26:00 am »

FGSFFGRFSEFEF
RESERVE

Name: Filhurd Narbury
Trait: Finesse
Inventory: Hunting Knife, First Aid Satchel, Longcoat, Lockpicking Kit, Rope
Bio: A man dissatisfied with the state of his life, unwilling to stare at a horse's ass for the rest of his life, he strode out into the West!
He promptly got the crap beaten out of him. He tried again; same result.
Again.
And again.
And again. He kept on trying until he actually somehow became competent enough to get hired! Because of all his beatdowns, he's very good at dodging.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:45:05 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 12:31:28 am »

Posting to watch.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:34:11 am by HmH »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 12:33:52 am »

Name: Marianne Blake
Trait: Sharpshooter
Inventory: Revolver, Hatchet, Longcoat, Lantern
Bio: An easy-going woman who loves to travel, and takes advantage of the fact that guarding shipments and such allowed her to get paid for her wanderings. She's an old hand at this sort of thing and takes her work considerably more seriously than she does anything else.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:39:09 am »

Name: Silas Baxbury
Trait: Sharpshooter
Inventory: Bolt-Action Rifle, Hunting knife, Binoculars
Bio: Can I just make it up as I go along? Because I'm going to end up doing that anyway.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:09:16 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Tumblewyrd [3/4 players]
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 01:11:02 am »

Reserve. Sheet in morning.

Name: Alexander Blain
Trait(Choose one from below): Survivalist
Inventory(Choose ten points worth of items from the list below): Shotgun, Hatchet, Rope
Bio: Alexander spent most of his life out in the wilderness, living off the land and poaching electricity from nearby wires to power his radio. That's where he heard of the artifacts. After that, he planned to find a way to get one of those artifacts for himself, being the greedy bastard he was. He decided to apply as a guard for one of them, in order to get as close as possible to the item.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:03:26 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 01:57:03 am »

Any space? :P

Spoiler: Rhea F. Quiron (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 03:00:18 am »

Aww, missed!

Would have been so fun to have a Tiru/Serc/Dwar combo game ^^

@Serc: You mind if I play your chars younger brother?

Name: Gerome W. Blake
Trait(Choose one from below): Slick
Inventory(Choose ten points worth of items from the list below):
Lockpicking Kit-2
First Aid Satchel - 2
Lantern - 2
Book of Matches -1
Case of Tonics - 3
Bio: Gerome is the youngest of two siblings in the Blake family-while his older sister is something of a hardcased gun for hire (his own description), Gerome is a free wheeling, long rambling, smooth talking confidence man-rolling about from selling knockoff goods from the back of the wagon, petty robbery, to cleaning up in card games, to swindling rich women out of their money. No scam or cheat is off limits to a man of his capabilities-he likes to part fools with their money-and he very well knows there's no rest for the wicked-until he closes his eyes for good. He doesn't like overt violence and taking things from people who don't deserve it, and prefers not to hurt anyone if he can help it-more his own lack of stomach, than a moral compunction. He merely views it easier to avoid a potential fight, or at least not bother fighting fair.

Gerome knows his life is not one long for this world, and enjoys whatever amusements he can get, as often as he can. The new deal in artifacts seems ripe for the picking-who would notice the difference between a 'magic' coin and a normal one? It's a brave new world, and if he can line his pockets without occupying a shallow grave, alls the better.

Otherwise, he is known to collect bottle caps in his spare time, and is an avid drinker of various pops and sodas, much to the neglect of his tough guy role-all interesting new inventions, come into being not a decade ago-he enjoys learning about technology and advancement, and likes to play the 'Renaissance' man when playing to a high class crowd. He enjoys cloudy, rainy days because people are more susceptible when they need to be cheered up-and the sound of rain reminds him of home, which he misses bitterly, but knows he can never show his face again. He also has an almost crippling case of nyctophobia developed from being lost in a nighttime blizzard when he was six and almost dying, and is rarely anywhere with at least some sort of light-otherwise he becomes short of breath and his former confidence flies away like a ladies hat in a strong breeze. Even the sound of snow sleeting against the windows at night can still put him on edge.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:06:44 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 03:03:52 am »

Arg. Took too long. Oh well, good luck chaps :)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 03:06:55 am »

Posting to watch, and may I say this game has an absolutely magnificent title?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 03:25:04 am »

@D: Nah, I don't mind, but it doesn't seem likely we'll be in at the same time. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 05:03:12 am »

Actually, I'm considering asking SSG to expand the player slots to six, since me, you and Tiru are all friends, active posters, and RP well together...but that's ultimately up to him. It's certainly not making it any easier on him. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 05:34:27 am »

Actually, I'm considering asking SSG to expand the player slots to six, since me, you and Tiru are all friends, active posters, and RP well together...but that's ultimately up to him. It's certainly not making it any easier on him. :P
Well, I don't mind too much. I really just didn't expect such a large turnout.
Doesn't it though? :P

Annnyways, I think with any luck I should have the first turn up tomorrow, if not today.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 05:38:12 am »

Second this! That title drew me in like a moth to a flame. Sadly, I was too late. :3

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 05:48:08 am »

Well, I don't mind too much. I really just didn't expect such a large turnout.

Well, if you don't mind...yay! :D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8