Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.  (Read 8925 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2013, 09:01:05 am »

If EA falls, I will happily contribute to the bay12 buyout fund on the premise that the funding for all sports actually goes into a half decent game that has actual updates rather than make more money rereleases. rant @ every single remotely recent sports game over.

FTFY

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2013, 12:39:02 pm »

Just looking at their financials.

Income Statement: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=EA+Income+Statement&annual

For the fiscal year ending on March 30, 2012, they made $76 million in profit. But $58 million of that appears to have been given to them as tax refunds. That's pretty strange.

But things looks scarier in the quarterly reports. Last quarter, they lost $45 million. The quarter before that, they lost an astronomical $381 million. They gave a warning about a bad report coming up.

According to the balance sheet, as of December 30, they have $2.23 billion in current assets. But they also have $2.15 billion in current liabilities. On March 30, 2012, they had $500 million in wiggle room. That wiggle room has narrowed to $80 million. And that was on December 30 of this year. Things could be looking much worse now.

Knowing what I know of what they are doing, I'm thinking of shorting their stock.
BURN BABY BURN!!!!

Hot damn, that looks so... intriguing.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2013, 02:38:07 am »

Amazing. I am disgusted with that poll- how in the fuck is Monsanto no where on that list? You know, the guys who are currently screwing over the US agriculture industry, destroying ecosystems though either GMOs or untested weedkillers or what-have-you (hence why half of the US honeybee population dies every winter), and possibly threatening several lives with, again, untested GMOs. Not to mention that their CEO was appointed to head of the FDA. How the hell did that not make the list? Sure, it's not the most note-worthy- they tend to not have public-relations meltdowns. However, they are doing a hell of a lot more damage than a lot of the other companies on that poll.

Pffft, thats just food and the enviroment. What about my dodgy Sim City game? I DEMAND JUSTICE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2013, 07:51:22 am »

Amazing. I am disgusted with that poll- how in the fuck is Monsanto no where on that list? You know, the guys who are currently screwing over the US agriculture industry, destroying ecosystems though either GMOs or untested weedkillers or what-have-you (hence why half of the US honeybee population dies every winter), and possibly threatening several lives with, again, untested GMOs. Not to mention that their CEO was appointed to head of the FDA. How the hell did that not make the list? Sure, it's not the most note-worthy- they tend to not have public-relations meltdowns. However, they are doing a hell of a lot more damage than a lot of the other companies on that poll.

Pffft, thats just food and the enviroment. What about my dodgy Sim City game? I DEMAND JUSTICE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't believe I've seen anything about the GMO's in the news in the last few years... and if I did, probably forgot already.  It is probably just as bad if not worse for everyone else.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2013, 09:25:37 am »

From my point of view its not a poll showing that people hate EA, its a poll showing that the Internet hates EA. There is a difference and it makes polls on the internet highly unstable.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2013, 10:24:47 am »

And in tonight news, EA close sim city social after ONLY a year with still LOTS of player.....

http://forum.playfish.com/showthread.php?t=2968221
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2013, 10:53:30 am »

They are shutting down all of Playfish. Maybe the replacement CEO is having EA take a step back from all of the social gaming decisions of his predecessor. Money is only in social games for a few of the lucky winners. EA must not be one of those winners.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2013, 11:03:24 am »

They are shutting down all of Playfish. Maybe the replacement CEO is having EA take a step back from all of the social gaming decisions of his predecessor. Money is only in social games for a few of the lucky winners. EA must not be one of those winners.

Yeah I'll be honest this actually seems like a (small) step in the right direction for EA. Seems they've realized the Zynga bubble is either close to popping, or already did so long ago. This seems less like "Let's shut the servers down to push the next game" as opposed to "Oh god this was an awful decision. ABORT! ABORT!"

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2013, 11:47:52 am »

My take away from this is the general population (of the internet) cares little about whatever happens outside their immediate surroundings, just don't provide them a bad circus. (which they will pay for regardless)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2013, 02:34:25 pm »

I don't think anybody is actually going to miss SimCity Social.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2013, 02:45:10 am »

I don't think anybody is actually going to miss SimCity Social.
Hmm.. I tried it a bit, got bored.. never played it again..
Luckily I never paid anything  :p

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2013, 05:51:39 am »

Looking at what I said about it...

SimCity societies did have some good ideas in there. The idea of playing different kinds of cities that had different ways to handling themselves... and ESPECIALLY how cities will look differently depending on how you run them are both things that would be very welcome in the main series.

It took some of the best features from the cancelled Simville (a game I'd still want today) and took them to new and wacky places but without some of the important parts like how crime will affect the look of a town.

Note: I wrote that... and realized you meant SimCity social (or The Sims Social rather)

The issue with The Sims Social is simple... It isn't "The Sims" it is just another Facebook game.

The thing with Facebook games is that there are only two facebook games that have been altered over and over again.

You either expend all your energy, start time projects, or both.

(Ok I am being harsh, even I'll admit I found some facebook games that were kinda fun to play and that weren't like the other ones... but they still rely on the Facebook stupidity of inviting friends)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2013, 06:04:59 am »

If somebody find a game where it doesnt relly on spamming friend for X Y Z ill be happy to try it out, but sadly i haent found a single one of them.... Or require to spend real cash to advance....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2013, 06:12:41 am »

If somebody find a game where it doesnt relly on spamming friend for X Y Z ill be happy to try it out, but sadly i haent found a single one of them.... Or require to spend real cash to advance....

Oddly enough the only ones I've seen that come close to that are Trading Card Facebook games. The most you tend to get in them is free cards. Then a FEW of them don't require any money either and just use cash as a fast way to advance.

The problem is that they tend to be rather boring, broken, uninteresting, uninvolved, or the card build up is just too slow.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2013, 01:15:21 pm »

Seems relevant, SimCity
One side not saying anything = no story...

Or do ya figure RPS is full of crackpots?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10