Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.  (Read 8914 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2013, 07:53:10 am »

????  They had to have a poll to find out this information?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2013, 08:32:03 am »

Cost cutting measures.  Lots of em.  Also, not skimping on the 'creative' marketing.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2013, 08:42:13 am »

Just looking at their financials.

Income Statement: http://finance.yahoo.com/q/is?s=EA+Income+Statement&annual

For the fiscal year ending on March 30, 2012, they made $76 million in profit. But $58 million of that appears to have been given to them as tax refunds. That's pretty strange.

But things looks scarier in the quarterly reports. Last quarter, they lost $45 million. The quarter before that, they lost an astronomical $381 million. They gave a warning about a bad report coming up.

According to the balance sheet, as of December 30, they have $2.23 billion in current assets. But they also have $2.15 billion in current liabilities. On March 30, 2012, they had $500 million in wiggle room. That wiggle room has narrowed to $80 million. And that was on December 30 of this year. Things could be looking much worse now.

Knowing what I know of what they are doing, I'm thinking of shorting their stock.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2013, 08:53:49 am »

I've talked to an EA coder while playing a non- EA game who said the higher ups blatantly ignore easy solutions submitted by employees to fix problems with hackers (in the form of video game cheating) in their games because it's 'not important.'
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:56:38 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2013, 09:26:54 am »

I've talked to an EA coder while playing a non- EA game who said the higher ups blatantly ignore easy solutions submitted by employees to fix problems with hackers (in the form of video game cheating) in their games because it's 'not important.'

Sounds legitimate... I'm serious too... I believe it...

EA just suck at listening... And don't get me started on their ability to tell the truth:

EA: "Yes SimCity can't be offline, what with all the technical server-side stuff... Seriously... You don't want us to get into it... It'd fly straight over your head...

Customer: "Uh EA... I had a look at the files and yeah this could totally run offline..."

EA: "Umm... Erm... Yes... HEY LOOK DLC!"

The icing on the cake was the post by the COO...

EA: "Many continue to claim the Always-On function in SimCity is a DRM scheme.  It’s not.  People still want to argue about it.  We can’t be any clearer – it’s not. Period."

Customer: "Umm, then why did you feel the need to lie about it in the first place?"

EA: "Well... You see... Stuff... And... That... And... BUY OUR SHINY FREEMIUM CRAP!"

Customer: "Do you even care at all about even PRETENDING you know what you're doing anymore?"

EA: "What are we even doing? I know we're making money off something..."

EA... The company that should have made straws... Because if there's one thing they know how to do it's suck.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:28:43 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2013, 06:52:04 pm »

For the fiscal year ending on March 30, 2012, they made $76 million in profit. But $58 million of that appears to have been given to them as tax refunds. That's pretty strange.

But things looks scarier in the quarterly reports. Last quarter, they lost $45 million. The quarter before that, they lost an astronomical $381 million. They gave a warning about a bad report coming up.

According to the balance sheet, as of December 30, they have $2.23 billion in current assets. But they also have $2.15 billion in current liabilities. On March 30, 2012, they had $500 million in wiggle room. That wiggle room has narrowed to $80 million. And that was on December 30 of this year. Things could be looking much worse now.

Knowing what I know of what they are doing, I'm thinking of shorting their stock.
BURN BABY BURN!!!!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2013, 08:26:36 pm »

BURN BABY BURN!!!!
So that why they did not buy any of the THQ stuff they don't have a lot of money to throw around.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2013, 08:27:47 pm »

Think if we all pool our allowance, we will have enough to buy the rights to the Dungeon Keeper series?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2013, 08:29:09 pm »

Think if we can pool in all our allowance and start a kickstarter, we can buy all of EA's shares and then dismantle it, destroying the company forever?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2013, 08:44:03 pm »

Heh, that would be an interesting kickstarter. Give us money so we can buy EA! We promise not to go crazy with the power and use it instead to buy the other half of the game industry then pick off EA becoming video game ruler for life.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2013, 12:33:56 am »

Think if we can pool in all our allowance and start a kickstarter, we can buy all of EA's shares and then dismantle it, destroying the company forever?
Count me in!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2013, 03:31:42 am »

I'd love to be known as the man that turned one of the worst gaming companies in the world into a multi trillion dollar, world-wide nobel peace award winning, alien diplomacy doing conglomerate.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2013, 07:50:20 am »

If EA falls, I will happily contribute to the bay12 buyout fund on the premise that the funding for Fifa actually goes into a half decent game that has actual updates rather than make more money rereleases. rant @ fifa over.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2013, 07:53:21 am »

Count me in!
For all I know.. If the kickstarter even turn successful, he's probably going to run off with all the money. :p

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2013, 08:10:50 am »

Not if I run off with it first.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10