Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.  (Read 8946 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2013, 03:55:34 am »

Psh, always-online is basically murder.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2013, 05:53:52 am »

<snip>

If you lived in a world were EA was the only game providor you could still buy food and have a house over your head...
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2013, 07:02:13 am »

If EA had full control over the industry it's be like a beef farmer taking over a dairy farm. All of a sudden overnight every single cow would get slaughtered and then after there was nothing left to hack up for profit EA would shrug their shoulders and go ruin something else... They don't care about advancing the industry or growing it via improvement... They just want that juicy short term profit and they would do anything to get it.

*Buying an EA game in that world* "PLEASE INSERT $20 INTO YOUR COMPUTER TO UNLOCK THE LOADING SCREEN... NOW INSERT $20 TO UNLOCK THE MAIN MENU... OH WAIT OUR ALWAYS ON DRM AS DETECTED THAT YOU HAVE AN UNDESIRABLE ELEMENT RUNNING ON YOUR COMPUTER, STAND-BY WHILE WE FRY YOUR HARD-DRIVE... THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH EA... HAHAHAHAHAHA... SERIOUSLY THOUGH BUY MODERN BROWNFARE XXXXVVVIIIIXXIII COMING TO A STORE NEAR YOU.

Or you just go and do something else.
Love, scriver~

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2013, 07:47:08 am »

If EA had full control over the industry it's be like a beef farmer taking over a dairy farm. All of a sudden overnight every single cow would get slaughtered and then after there was nothing left to hack up for profit EA would shrug their shoulders and go ruin something else... They don't care about advancing the industry or growing it via improvement... They just want that juicy short term profit and they would do anything to get it.

*Buying an EA game in that world* "PLEASE INSERT $20 INTO YOUR COMPUTER TO UNLOCK THE LOADING SCREEN... NOW INSERT $20 TO UNLOCK THE MAIN MENU... OH WAIT OUR ALWAYS ON DRM AS DETECTED THAT YOU HAVE AN UNDESIRABLE ELEMENT RUNNING ON YOUR COMPUTER, STAND-BY WHILE WE FRY YOUR HARD-DRIVE... THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH EA... HAHAHAHAHAHA... SERIOUSLY THOUGH BUY MODERN BROWNFARE XXXXVVVIIIIXXIII COMING TO A STORE NEAR YOU.

Or you just go and do something else.

Or you know... Maybe I actually like video games. *Shock horror*. I know right... Someone who really likes video games posting on a video game forum... It's obscene.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2013, 09:21:18 am »

It sure is a shame that every videogame is produced by EA.

Including Call of Duty

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2013, 09:27:12 am »

Yeah, I like computer games too. Doesn't mean I am dependant on them to have fun.
Love, scriver~

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2013, 09:28:30 am »

I think the difference between BP and EA is that EA's big catastrophes are all executive decisions. They are actually implementing their vision. BP's was an accident.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2013, 09:32:41 am »

On the other hand it was an accident caused by executive cost cutting decisions.  That killed 11 people.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2013, 09:34:14 am »

And ruined an ecosystem. Possibly permanently.

Even if EA fucks up on a truly massive scale, I can't see a body count coming from that.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2013, 09:46:51 am »

EA's big catastrophes
Wat. Screwing consumers != catastrophe.

"Hey guys, it was an accident, it wasn't our fault !" Yes it was their fault, it doesn't matter if it was an accident or a direct decision (and anyway, most stuff comes down from the executive).

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2013, 09:52:01 am »

Yes, you're right. EA really didn't have a catastrophe. It's this first world problems thing going on here.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2013, 01:49:41 pm »

This whole thread seems to be the equivalent of arguing about whether or not carrots are more sour than KFC chicken wings.

EA, Bank of America, BP, the local bookstore on the corner and that one lemonade stand you saw on a country road all fall under different categories. It's all relative. A catastrophe for BP is a massive oil spill that cost lives and destroyed an ecosystem. A catastrophe for the lemonade stand is a lack of paper cups.

The relativity here is an internet poll where people vote for the company they think is the worst in America. It's not a public poll in the local newspaper; if it were, the results would be completely different. A huge video game company that has a reputation for horrible PR and even worse business practice would mean absolutely nothing to your average Joe working a 9 to 5 desk job, whereas the outrageous fees of a first home buyers loan from the bank means just as little to experienced computer (and internet) users like us.

It doesn't affect us, so why should we care about it? EA, on the other hand, affects almost all of us here on the Bay12 forums on a daily basis in some way or another, be it a new game, some new DLC, or just hearing about the terrible press they've been spawning.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »

I also think "worst" doesn't mean most catastrophic. For me, I was thinking of most poorly managed.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2013, 02:39:13 pm »

Thats funny how some ppl simply says, man its just a game grow up. Look its a frigging industry like anything else, sure its about hobby etc, its like saying bah no trouble if we dont get any other sea-doo there is alternative. Look there will always be alternative, not because such exist should we allow company to bully abd crap-talk to us for god sake.

Its a multi-bilion industry, giving horrible pay to their thousands of workers, firing them and hiring ppl who dont mind lower and lower wage. Now if another kind of company would do something similar their would be much more vocalisation ( FACK I HATE being french sometime... ) about the subject but NOOOO its just a friggin game grow up!!!.

I say you are missing the important point here, think of EA about ANYTHING BUT video game and youll soon see why what they are doing SHOULDNT be done. Not because its game should we accept all the shit they shove down our throat. You say if you are not happy dont buy, yeah sure its possible but on the other hand, let me present you with a little somthing im quite sure you didnt tought out.

For some games are part of themself like a distant uncle is part of their familly, you like them you really do, but you can also live without them fine? Get where im trying to go? Now let say somebody come and BRUTALLY murder them, sure you could already live withtout them anyway but you still loved him, and that man is EA, he gets close to what you love and bash it murderously. That and also the fact that they are driving the industry toward the fact that. Well its your distant uncle, you can murder him with no problem why? Because there will always be ppl who will accept it and bow down to them, and some other that will just dont care and say its just a game.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2013, 02:46:02 pm »

I can agree that the attitude that the gaming industry is in a rut and it's not treating it's workers well. As far as I know, though, the industry hasn't caused any genocides or made profit off slavery. EA is the worst gaming company. If there was a vote for that, I would vote so many damn times for EA to be the worst one. It's just not the worst company in America.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10