Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.  (Read 8954 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 04:51:13 pm »

Here is the thing... The Bank of America still at least functions as a bank.

EA is BARELY functioning as a videogame company.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 04:52:58 pm »

Yes! Let's all show up at EA's main office with golden shit and throw it at them until they get the message!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 04:55:20 pm »

Yes! Let's all show up at EA's main office with golden shit and throw it at them until they get the message!

Would they even notice?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 04:55:48 pm »

ITT, a lot of folks who have forgotten how poorly EA has treated both their employees and their consumers.

I don't understand what all the complaining here is about. The only reason companies like Bank of America are actually worse is because they have the power to be so. I am actually pretty positive that if the executives of EA suddenly took control of BoA, the latter company would get even worse.

If you're catching news articles about bank corruption that lack comments, it is only because of the volume of that topic. Deserving companies have won this award every year.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 06:58:36 pm »

I must admit that I find this highly amusing.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:59 pm »

ITT, a lot of folks who have forgotten how poorly EA has treated both their employees and their consumers.

I don't think anyone here forgets that (though I don't know how they treat their employees, only how much rage is generated over their ridiculous publishing schemes).

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 07:41:01 pm »

EA sucks?  Man, I've never heard that before.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 07:59:40 pm »

Although from what I understand BoA treats it's employees better than EA does.

Which ones? The ones in the US where there are labor laws or the ones in other countries where there aren't labor laws?

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 08:32:08 pm »

I could really care less if EA won. There are worse companies out there than EA, ones that do worse things than make shitty games with shitty DRM. Like Apple and their sweatshops.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 09:02:53 pm »

Yeah I agree with you there EA have got a lot of people annoyed with them and they need to start listening to the criticism that they are getting
Maybe when the money stops coming in...
Nah they will just throw the blame on radical group of all kind and get more agressive in their marketing... EA? Frack in their eye they sell stuff so they are good....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 09:12:59 pm »

Would they even notice?

They'd melt it into bars and treat it as a payment for their excellent work.

If you bought an EA game this year you forfeited the right to complain.  It's one thing if they're selling something you can't live without.  You can live without video games, and you can certainly live without  video games from a single company.
Shoes...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23:55 pm »

The thing is.And I don't care at all about this poll, didn't really pay attention to it.

But, what would voting for say...an oil company as worst company in America do? NOTHING

What does voting for EA as worst company in America? Drive away potential investors, and make smaller companies more reluctant with merging with EA. Well, at least that is the "theory".
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 09:32:17 pm »

EA have made some pretty bad games, but I just dont see how that can compare to some of the other nasty things other companies have done.

I just don't see the significance of a botched game ending or annoying DRM in comparison to child labour, corrupting governments/individuals etc.

But, what would voting for say...an oil company as worst company in America do? NOTHING

What does voting for EA as worst company in America? Drive away potential investors, and make smaller companies more reluctant with merging with EA. Well, at least that is the "theory".

Your supposed to vote for the worst company, not "the company you can do the most damage to by voting for them".
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 09:43:40 pm »

Video games are within the average Internet person's scope of attention.  Fifteen year old factory workers climbing around in industrial stamping presses and union leaders getting assassinated by death squads aren't.

And in the end he probably won't do anything about either.
Shoes...

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 10:32:26 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10