Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.  (Read 8923 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:01:17 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 03:59:08 pm »

I really doubt they'll respond to this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 03:59:44 pm »

The fact that they won this is astronomically stupid, out of all the companies who do terrible terrible things people vote for the one that makes bad games.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:01:04 pm »

I really doubt they'll respond to this.
They did it last year, actually. They're the only ones who really take notice of this poll, which is exactly why people voted them this year.

The fact that they won this is astronomically stupid, out of all the companies who do terrible terrible things people vote for the one that makes bad games.
The point isn't necessarily to point out which company is the worst. The main driving force behind voting them is that they'd be the only ones who'd actually care. A big company like BoA literally would not give a single shit for being voted worst company in america, but EA actually gives out public statements about this, which is hilarious.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 04:08:02 pm »

That makes the competition the equivalent of trolling then and goes to show even more how much of a joke this thing is

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 04:10:33 pm »

That makes the competition the equivalent of trolling then and goes to show even more how much of a joke this thing is

What did you expect from an organization that uses the term "win" for gaining this title?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 04:12:07 pm »

The Consumerist website even stated itself that the contest was not exactly so show who was the worst company in america, but to ultimately show which company has been affecting consumers the most this year. But really, what does it say about EA when people believe they're doing worse than the other shitty corporations in the contest, for the second year in a row?
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 04:13:47 pm »

The Consumerist website even stated itself that the contest was not exactly so show who was the worst company in america, but to ultimately show which company has been affecting consumers the most this year. But really, what does it say about EA when people believe they're doing worse than the other shitty corporations in the contest, for the second year in a row?

It says there's more people on the Internet complaining about their video games being unplayable than about losing enormous amounts of money to outrageous banking fees?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 04:16:10 pm »

It says there's more people on the Internet complaining about their video games being unplayable than about losing enormous amounts of money to outrageous banking fees?
No, it means that EA's business practices are as bad as companies that are literally screwing over customers and making them lose enormous amounts of money. They're not even a bank, they're a fucking video game company and they're doing that.
Welcome to Reality.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »

I don't think it does really, it shows more who the type of people are who vote in this poll.

I'm not arguing that EA is not a terrible game company but compared to the business practices of the other companies their sins are relatively minor
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:25:24 pm by Kansa »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 04:21:03 pm »

No, it means that EA's business practices are as bad as companies that are literally screwing over customers and making them lose enormous amounts of money. They're not even a bank, they're a fucking video game company and they're doing that.

But there is so, so much rage about video games and video game companies' tactics on the Internet. Meanwhile, I have seen very little regarding banks (even whole comments sections untouched on big articles about banking greed). Basically, the point is people voted for this, and I don't think it represents one company being worse, I think it represents one group of people being angrier and more plentiful.

I don't think it does really, it shows more who the type of people are who vote in this poll.

Kind of this.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »

I can admit that the contest obviously is only going to be noticed by people who regularly go on the internet, and most people who regularly go on the internet play video games. The thing is, it just proves that EA has a lot of people pissed off at them and they can't simply dismiss criticism anymore, claiming it's some small radical minority. EA does have similar business tactics as many of these other companies do though, although they don't have as big repercussions they're still the same kind of tactics to earn money. Trying to maintain a monopoly, buying out small companies and gutting them, overcharging customers for simple services, etc.
Welcome to Reality.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 04:27:45 pm »

Although from what I understand BoA treats it's employees better than EA does.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 04:28:54 pm »

Yeah I agree with you there EA have got a lot of people annoyed with them and they need to start listening to the criticism that they are getting

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 04:48:07 pm »

Yeah I agree with you there EA have got a lot of people annoyed with them and they need to start listening to the criticism that they are getting
Maybe when the money stops coming in...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10