Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.  (Read 8959 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 10:07:01 am »

The worst company in America is probably Academi (AKA Blackwater)

If you bought an EA game this year you forfeited the right to complain.  It's one thing if they're selling something you can't live without.  You can live without video games, and you can certainly live without  video games from a single company.
I'm not sure about this.  If you bought a game and they failed to provide you adequate customer service for that game (for example, if the game you bought was Sim City 5) then you probably have more right to complain than anyone else.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 10:12:03 am »

The way I look at the poll it shows 2 things. A big enough population of gamers have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to EA and of all the companies that did bad things on the list EA was the most recent to screw people over.
Either I misunderstand you, or you misunderstand Stockholm syndrome. Are you implying that a large population of the gamers are supporting EA against criticism?

It is more that even though people complain about EA, hate what they do to their games, hate their DRM, and basically hate everything about EA... Yet they still buy their games like they are being forced.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 10:14:44 am »

I would have voted for EA if given the choice (not just cause I don't know anything about Banks of America due to being Australian). I would have voted for this KEY point...

ME -
BF3 is OUT!?!?!
Only on Origin huh... Donno...
Oh some friends are playing it???
More friends are playing it???
Sounds like fun...
Ok EA/Origin, here is 80+ AUD...
Cool game is cool. But wish my computer was better to handle the game better...
Hey I have a better job/income. Time to upgrade my PC...
Hey wait... Where is BF3???
WAIT... WHERE IS MY BF3 Details on their websitie????
WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE WTF!?!?!?!

EA -
You mad bro???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 11:28:57 am »

Thats another point. Of all the companies available to vote for EA is the one that most likely was personally affecting the people who voted. Oil Spills and Bank Debacles are really bad and honestly in most cases worse then what EA does but most people who voted where more likely to have bought a EA game rather then lived near an oil spill or been personally screwed by a bank.
   And yeah what I meant with Stockholm syndrome was that despite people hating EA and having proof time after time that they can ruin games, not only are people still buying their games but they are still pre-ordering their games. That is crazy, you have a company that makes shoddy products and yet people insist on not only buying the products but ordering said products before the dang thing is even finished. I definitely would not even consider buying one of their games before I saw a review by someone I knew to be honest with their reviews.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:30:30 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 03:29:52 pm »

I really doubt they'll respond to this.
They did the spun it as "Fucking entitled gamers, there are companies out there doing legitimate harm to the world. You're all just so fucking entitled and childish. You should be happy to evem GAZE upon our quality titles".
There's a smidgen of truth in that excuse, but not much.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 03:37:35 pm »

The only reason EA still makes money is because they sell their games to the lowest common denominator, those who are completely oblivious to the game industry and just buy the AAA titles that come out every year. Really, the core and hardcore gaming crowds hate EA. But they don't make most of their money off of that crowd.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2013, 04:00:28 pm »

The only reason EA still makes money is because they sell their games to the lowest common denominator, those who are completely oblivious to the game industry and just buy the AAA titles that come out every year. Really, the core and hardcore gaming crowds hate EA. But they don't make most of their money off of that crowd.

Yeah, people on Rock Paper Shotgun comments =/= whoever's spending millions on Sim's Social.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 04:27:22 pm »

Nobody seems to have linked EA's response, so there it is.

They basically ignore the things people are actually pissed about, and claim that they're getting hate for being successful ("like Manchester or the Yankees"). They also say "We can do better" but don't specify why and apologize for nothing.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »

I love it when the try to say "If you don't like us, you're a homophobe".
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 04:39:16 pm »

Yeah, people on Rock Paper Shotgun comments =/= whoever's spending millions on Sim's Social.
You can't deny that the casual gaming crowd isn't EA's prime audience. If their main audience was the core and hardcore crowd, they'd be loosing more money than they've already been losing.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2013, 05:11:22 pm »

Their audience is Bro gamers, obviously- people who call themselves hardcore but don't really know anything about other games or EA's business practices. :P

...actually, the people behind all the homophobic insults you hear in CoD multiplayer, ironically.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2013, 06:11:22 pm »

EA does what EA does best.

They put all their effort in several titles and WILL make sequel after sequel.
They already noticed that online based games simply HAMMERS piracy... so they make tons of online games... even games that by definition shouldn't even be online (much less always online) like simcity.

They just saw a compromise that works for them grabbed it and ran with it... hopefully they're going to release patches that makes their games work offline after the game servers go down (and that can take years)... unless they have a tiny adnotation in their license agreement that lets them do with the servers whatever thay damn please and not refund any players a penny for their now unplayable games.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2013, 06:40:15 pm »

I'm just going to leave this here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(The size is part of my point)
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2013, 06:45:21 pm »

They ended the post with "The tallest tree catches the most wind" but they forgot that "trees that can't bend will fall".

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2013, 07:09:32 pm »

If a tree falls in a forest and it advertises on-disc DLC and always online DRM with no-one around, will a thousand guys on the internet complain about it?

On topic, I really hope EA gets hit with a massive hammer of debt if there's another video-game crash. There's too much pandering and gaming is stuck in a rut. Sounds like conditions for a crash, but don't quote me on that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10