Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.  (Read 8927 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: EA Voted Worst Company in America. Again.
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 11:02:33 pm »

union leaders getting assassinated by death squads.

Coca-Cola does that in Columbia, you know.  Ok, techically their foreign bottling subsiduaries do it, but they certainly profit from it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 11:09:00 pm »

Coca-Cola does that in Columbia, you know.  Ok, techically their foreign bottling subsiduaries do it, but they certainly profit from it.

Yes but you see this is the Worst company in "America" not Columbia.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 11:18:04 pm »

That's what I was referencing, yes.
Shoes...

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 02:15:00 am »

I think it's mostly the number of impacts EA has on cultural icons that a number of people hold valuable rather than the actual damage that a company causes to families and individuals. Some companies live on the backs of their employees and customers, but EA's victims have been cultural icons themselves - Maxis and Bioware spring to mind.

By destroying these fountains of creation themselves, EA has brought itself to the front of people's minds. EA may not truly be the most 'Evil' in the world, but they're what comes to mind for the rising generation when you ask who is, mostly because they're the least subtle, most incompetent, and yet, like the flu, they just won't go away.

And it's not like we have enough oil spills, chemical dumps, mass murders, and assassinations by other companies to get the vote.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 02:17:36 am »

Hmm that is something.

When it comes to just being rottenly evil there are a LOT of companies in that running.

When it comes to ANY company that creatures consumer products who consistently and frequently harasses its own customers and yet still makes enough money not to die and doesn't have a monopoly or some mystic enchantment... DANG IT EA!

EA is almost proof that customer relations doesn't exist.

With the Bank of America you HAVE to give them your money. With EA you don't have to buy anything of theirs, they constantly harass you, and yet they still make money.

EA is like Lex Luthor... You know he is a villain and yet you keep voting him into office! Sure there are more evil super villains out there, but none quite so mind destroying bad.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:38:20 am by Neonivek »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 02:53:01 am »

I think it's mostly the number of impacts EA has on cultural icons that a number of people hold valuable rather than the actual damage that a company causes to families and individuals. Some companies live on the backs of their employees and customers, but EA's victims have been cultural icons themselves - Maxis and Bioware spring to mind.

By destroying these fountains of creation themselves, EA has brought itself to the front of people's minds. EA may not truly be the most 'Evil' in the world, but they're what comes to mind for the rising generation when you ask who is, mostly because they're the least subtle, most incompetent, and yet, like the flu, they just won't go away.

Unfortuetely, yes, that is probably why people voted for EA.

I feel a "first word problems" meme would be appropriate.

You can look at this poll with a glass-is-half-full mindset. If EA is the worst company for you, your life must be pretty damn comfortable :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:55:37 am by alexandertnt »
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 03:16:27 am »

Well, that's just the thing: They're really not. They're just the one everyone knows about.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 04:37:56 am »

Bank of America is as relevant to anyone outside of the US as American Football. Nobody outside the US is gonna vote for them. Like maybe if the vote was restricted to US citizens, they could win. But it's not.
I'm not even familiar with what they've done that'd be so unlike any other bank.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 04:42:44 am »

Who cares what EA thinks.
What matters is that every other developer/publisher on the planet gets scared out of ever making another game that requires always online DRM.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 05:41:29 am »

Bank of America is as relevant to anyone outside of the US as American Football. Nobody outside the US is gonna vote for them. Like maybe if the vote was restricted to US citizens, they could win. But it's not.
I'm not even familiar with what they've done that'd be so unlike any other bank.

I was under the assumption that people who voted would at least consider the possibility that there may be worse things being done by certain companies than online-DRM and shoddy game endings in the world, and spend 5 minutes on google to find out what. I was also under the assumption that people would at least consider the impact on others rather then just themselves (I would consider a company that uses something truely nasty like child labour to be worse than EA, despite EA's greater (although still extremely minor) significance to my life). Hence my disbelief in the results.

This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 05:45:16 am »

Honestly I am mostly just defending the result as a mental exercise and honestly, YEAH there is much worse then EA (probably none better at making the internet population REALLY pissed though, which in it of itself deserves an award)

You could think of it as the "Worst company in America" in comparison to others of the same field. Thus EA is the worst run, worst staffed, and worst towards the customers company within the USA (without subsidiaries in other countries).

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 07:42:57 am »

Yes! Let's all show up at EA's main office with golden shit and throw it at them until they get the message!

Would they even notice?

They'd melt it into bars and treat it as a payment for their excellent work.

Anyone know a good bulk distributor of fecal matter spray paint?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 08:59:19 am »

TvTropes on EA. Here is the least 'first world' thing on the page.
In 2004, the publisher was sued in two separate class-action lawsuits by designers and employees in the parent company who alleged that they were forced to work extremely long hours without overtime benefits. This resulted in a $30 million-plus judgement against EA.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 09:45:28 am »

The way I look at the poll it shows 2 things. A big enough population of gamers have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to EA and of all the companies that did bad things on the list EA was the most recent to screw people over. In fact I would go as far to say that they are the ones that most consistently causes public debacles. Their problem isn't being the most evil, its with being the most evil of the companies that can't get their PR straight.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 09:54:24 am »

The way I look at the poll it shows 2 things. A big enough population of gamers have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to EA and of all the companies that did bad things on the list EA was the most recent to screw people over.
Either I misunderstand you, or you misunderstand Stockholm syndrome. Are you implying that a large population of the gamers are supporting EA against criticism?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10