Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Jungian Typelogic!  (Read 9324 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Jungian Typelogic!
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 02:26:40 am »

Actually, a medium would be 0%, because the scale goes from 100% A -> 0 -> 100% B :P

Yer not a hybrid, Harry Soli. Yer INFP.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 02:27:57 am »

I've gotten either result roughly 50% of the time, throughout school and career stuff. I generally lean INTP though, so this is a bit of an oddity!

I just reported what this one gave me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 02:40:16 am »

Spoiler: And everyone else's. (click to show/hide)

I dunno about the INTJ thing.  I make so many plans and am, yes, extraordinarily pragmatic, but I can't compete with most INTJs on their own turf.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 02:54:17 am »

ENTP
Extravert(1%)  iNtuitive(100%)  Thinking(25%)  Perceiving(11)%  (in other tests, i'm slightly more E)

You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
    You have a strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (100%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

ENTP is like INTP, but instead of telling yourself "he is such a prick" in your head, you notice that, looking at his face , actually, you said it aloud.
ENTP like the truth and to find out things, just for the fun of it and to play with ideas.
It's quite uncommon among girls (more a "man" thing, you know), and can be viewed as weird, perhaps even weirder than INTP/J because ENTP can and WILL talk about what is in his head.

And...i talk a lot, too.

My favorite ENTP people are Dr House Tyrion Lannister or Han Solo :)
Very, very few girls, in fact.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator/ENTP

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 03:03:33 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:05:03 pm by Ogdibus »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2013, 03:08:54 am »

HAH!

As INFP/INTP, I am an ideal typological "Companion" for myself.

Companion: similar modes of expression: bear each other's company well

Must be why I get along so well with me.

I don't understand why some of these things are broken into mutually exclusive pairs.  Wouldn't the demands of your current circumstances greatly affect your actions, and therefore your answers?

Actually Ogdibus, as I recall, a big part of the typology thing is about how you are most comfortable being or behaving. Of course circumstances cause us to act outside of our type... an introvert could be sociable and act as the center of attention for a while at an party, or an event meant for them. This is an activity that might feel draining to them, while taking some alone time to wind down and organize their thoughts would feel revitalizing.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2013, 03:30:44 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:05:10 pm by Ogdibus »

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2013, 03:36:26 am »

Some types are actually deceptive.
For instance,
ENTP is not really extraverted as they tend to flee from social situations which are often boring for them. (Even if they love debates and intellectual discussions like INTP, but will be more at ease with group discussion). And in social situations they can be perceived as critical and awkward as they will sometimes express EVERYTHING.

INFJ  could also seems to be extraverted as they will fight for a cause with a strength that will make people think they are extraverted.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2013, 02:41:24 am »

INTJ
Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(88%)  Thinking(88%)  Judging(11%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
    You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
    You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

I feel a little in between TJ and NP I guess.

I compiled stats from the people who posted so far:

Code: [Select]
      #      %         <>     US POP(from wikipedia)
ISTJ: 1      3.7%      <      11–14%
ISFJ: 1      3.7%      <      9–14%
INFJ: 2      7.4%      >      1–3%
INTJ: 10     37.0%     >>     2–4%
ISTP: 2      7.4%      >      4–6%
ISFP: 0      --        -      5–9%
INFP: 0      --        -      4–5%
INTP: 4      14.8%     >>     3–5%
ESTP: 0      --        -      4–5%
ESFP: 0      --        -      4–9%
ENFP: 0      --        -      6–8%
ENTP: 2      7.4%      >      2–5%
ESTJ: 0      --        -      8–12%
ESFJ: 0      --        -      9–13%
ENFJ: 0      --        -      2–5%
ENTJ: 1      3.7%      =      2–5%

Of Bay 12 Sample (27 recorded)

Introverts: 85.7%
Extroverts: 14.3%

Intuitive: 88.9%
Sensate: 11.1%

Thinking: 74.1%
Feeling: 25.9%

Judging: 55.5%
Perceiving: 44.4%

For some reason INTJ's and INTP's are disproportionately represented here.
I wonder if this is represents the demographics of the B12 community as a whole, or if INTJ's and INTP's are especially drawn to personality tests.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 08:54:02 am »

I wonder if this is represents the demographics of the B12 community as a whole, or if INTJ's and INTP's are especially drawn to personality tests.

I wonder if there is a test for that...

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2013, 09:21:34 am »

INTP
Introvert(11%)  iNtuitive(88%)  Thinking(12%)  Perceiving(11)%

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
    You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
    You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Comparatively borderline in all but one case, i see.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2013, 10:25:20 am »

I've consistently tested as INTJ as well.  Hilariously, my significant other typically comes up ENTJ.  We're a comedy duo*. 

* A blatant lie.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2013, 10:30:09 am »

I>E
N>S
T>F
J>=P

Well, that's quite logical.

E will prefer people to videogame. Most videogame players are Introverts. And, moreover, only introverts can have enough time (alone) to dedicate 50 hours for DF :) (just for the basis of the game).
the probability of seeing a E*** in Dwarf fortress is very limited, because most of them won't have enough TIME to play this game. . The only one who could find this rewarding are NT ("rationnal" types") like ENTP or ENTJ.I type ENTP, but i'm quite close to INTP, and anyway "E"NTP are the most introvert extrovert type (not because they prefer to be alone, but because they don't like most people in general).

N (intuition) isn't very surprising. N is all about the capacity of mastering and liking systems (and, associated with Thinking, intellectuel systems) and the capacity of abstraction and imagination. And...DF is ALL about system, and imagination, and abstraction. I wouldn't be surprised that Toady himself would be INTJ or INTP or something in between. Some "S" are also more conservative and perhaps won't be interested in a game very different from what is supposed to be a videogame. People with "S" in this forum aren't very "S", anyway (1%, 12%, I haven't seen anything stronger than 25%).
It doesn't mean S are dumb and conservative (this is something you can read about S from some "N" people who haven't fully understood this model). For example, if INTP are rationnal who like abstraction and complex system, ISTP are their counterpart in practical systems. My father is some kind of genius with cars, electricity, painting, constructing things. This is ISTP. But "S" + "J" CAN be obsessed with control, organisation, and correctness. This can be people who will find DF rewarding.

Thinking more than Feeling. Well, it's probably the only axis where there is a significant different between men and women (due to education). And...there are much more men, here. However, I saw somebody with a INFP profile somewhere in the topic, so you should change your data. But, anyway, this game is very intellectual.

At last, J and P...I think that both could find DF interesting. J because you must be very organized to appreciate this game. And that you have to be very focused to actually PLAY this game (many P will find hard to remain focused, and while finding this game fascinating, will quit). On the other hand, "P" will probably like the fact that the game is huge, with a lot of possibilities.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2013, 10:32:39 am »

DF requires a mood to play.  For me.  At least with dedication.  So I suppose you are correct.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2013, 05:25:41 pm »

INTP
Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(88%)  Thinking(50%)  Perceiving(22)%

Not surprising, really. What's odd is that I took one of these three years ago, and I'm pretty sure this is the exact same result.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5