Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sewer quests - how do?  (Read 689 times)

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
Sewer quests - how do?
« on: April 09, 2013, 03:09:01 am »

I have not yet ever been able to complete a single sewer quest, no matter where or when they are assigned. I've tried checking multiple sewer accesses, before anyone suggests that. My issue is that I can never find anything. Not a single living being, quest target or not. Given that my characters are usually vampires, I'm able to swim through the 7/7 water passages, but even still they only lead to rivers or dead ends. This is really bothering me because my quest log across all adventurers is getting extremely cluttered with unfinishable quests.

So how exactly does one complete sewer quests?
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Sewer quests - how do?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 03:30:06 am »

Travel along the river looking for sewer entrances. There are sometimes small sewer channels that connect to the river and nothing else.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 05:25:14 am »

I just completed a sewer quest.

The town was pretty close to a river, near the town's walls. I jumped into the river and while swimming in it, I found sewer's entrance. Sewers has some different paths so I had to explore all of them before taking the good one, which took me to a group (like 20-30) of amphibious humanoids, one of them was the creature I was looking for.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:36:00 am »

I puzzled with similar quests too. Firstly there is many sewer accesses, and they all lead to different parts of sewers. You have to search all of them. If this still won't work (like it didn't if enemies are swimmers in 7/7 water), you have still an option. It involves a little bit of cheating, but it's for justice, isn't it? Anyway, things you're going to need are DFHack and AdvFort. First use DFHacks "reveal" -ablitiy and (l)ook underground. Locate the sewers and the exact spot where they hit to the river. Use liquids-command and obsidianize with magma that point, so sewers are cut of from their water source.

Then AdvFort and the pick. Go to the dungeons under the keep (or really anywhere underground with enough space). Deconstruct the walls and start digging. Simply breach the sewer by digging/deconstructing and let the water flood the dungeon. Be careful though, there can be immense amounts of fish people down there. I had just ~50 reptile men and olm men. After water is under 6/7, you can go in (you need to be at least adequate swimmer). Slaughter 'em 'all.