Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A reminder, next bugfix cycle please look at old issues as well as new bugs.  (Read 537 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I have the utmost respect for Toady One and Threetoe.  I would not have been a member of these forums for so long if I did not.  But the recent loss of a fortress made me feel the need to post a reminder...

Please Toady and TT, look into some of the older issues next bugfix cycle as well as new bugs.  Even some things that are not technically bugs.

Spoiler: examples (click to show/hide)

I'm sure other players have other issues, and I'm sure you guys code what you feel like coding, which is great, we probably wouldn't be here today if you didn't.  But please consider working out these kinds of issues even if just a few at a time. 
I've been losing more fortresses to frustration lately than sieges, fpsdeath, or mistakes.

Thank you.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

Nearly every release has contained also bugfixes for older issues, so this suggestion isn't really necessary.

Also, equipment system seems to act little weird. It has worked perfectly in every one of my forts, but then there's ones who can't just get it to work...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I'm just being sure.  That and I had to burn off my moment of frustration in some way.

As for the equipment thing, I used to be that way too, never having any issues at all.  But starting about a week and a half ago, it just suddenly didn't want to work any more.  I would think it could be my modding that does it, but I haven't actually made any changes to my little personal mod in months.  I really don't know what happened.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Safe-Keeper

• Bay Watcher
  • "Situation normal; all ****ed up"
    • View Profile
    • FS Mod tester

We are of one mind on this one. I just posted a nearly identical thread, in fact, after a particularly annoying "DF quirk moment" :P . Things like wagons spawning on frozen rivers (inevitably resulting in Fun when the river inevitably thaws faster than anyone could move all the stuff to shore), dwarves who can't build fortifications because they stand on them, dwarves saving corners for last when making walls, thus ensuring the corner can't be completed without demolishing a wall tile, inconsistent/cumbersome key mapping, etc. etc. etc.

Agree with the OP, I would love it if Toady just dropped everything and did a "*legendary bug fix*" patch.
"Sieging humans brought some war polar bears, and one of them started a camp fire. Highly trained!" --Today One accidentally introduces the panserbjørn into Dwarf Fortress lore

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

ToadyOne does do old and new bug fixes. It doesnt need a reminder.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#