Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regeneration Potion, Yes or No?  (Read 1000 times)

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
Regeneration Potion, Yes or No?
« on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:26 am »

So, here's a question, do you think a potion/extract mix that could regenerate a human/elf/dwarf/player character's body would be a good thing to add to the game? Before making your decision, it is implied that this potion/extract mix would be very difficult to produce, or perhaps even impossible depending on worldgen, and would incapacitate your character for a great length of time while they regenerated their body.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Regeneration Potion, Yes or No?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 03:17:44 am »

I would like a druid skill, on early levels you can make useless potions but once you reach higher levels, you can make things like the one you said. That's my bet

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 03:20:54 am »

So long as it's inferior to werebeast regeneration then I don't see why not. Make it take several days and give random paralysis every now and then.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 03:30:56 am »

That druidy thing isn't too possible, but the ideal length of a healing "coma" would be about one week. There isn't a way to make it less effective though, just in the time and materials required
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:31:47 am »

Why can't we just have doctors actually do something for once instead of potions?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:49:14 am »

Upon drinking - Regeneration of lost limbs. Side effects include total paralysis (not long enough to suffocate you), disfiguration (make me bleed), incredible pain, fever, necrosis of the liver (because come on), loss of control in many bodily functions and other undocumented effects (I ran out of ideas)

1st month - Total regeneration of limbs (or at least arms). Numbness subsides. Chronic vomiting starts now. Nose also bleeds.

2nd month - Recovery of organ functions. Liver is a sack of necrotic tissue. Body starts to swell enough to cause pus to pour out. Vomiting becomes intense. Body bleeds on all orifices (but not enough to kill you).

3rd month - You become a husk.

or something like that maybe.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 02:57:34 am »

I would say yes, but at a price: either statloss or random chance of side effects.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 03:06:41 am »

I'll go with this as good, but just with the coma please. FTN is brutal enough already.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 03:11:08 am »

I'll go with this as good, but just with the coma please. FTN is brutal enough already.
Well, that's the version I got working so far. Bad part is, it made all my arena subjects go insane. Gotta do a real world test though, it seems that it might just be from sleep deprivation, since being knocked out doesn't count as sleep.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 07:12:39 pm »

Well, that's the version I got working so far. Bad part is, it made all my arena subjects go insane. Gotta do a real world test though, it seems that it might just be from sleep deprivation, since being knocked out doesn't count as sleep.
NO_SLEEP?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 07:23:07 pm »

at OP, i would say adventure mode with danger of being amputated is fine as is. Players must make a choice between becoming a werebeast or vampire. Werebeasts can regenerate limbs once a month and do not age. Vampires are much stronger and in addition to not aging, do not have any needs, are not affected by pain, nausea, or stunning; but cannot regenerate lost limbs.