Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Let's Play X-COM: Terror from the Deep-We're all gonna die!  (Read 38388 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-COM: Terror from the Deep-We're all gonna die!
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2013, 06:30:47 pm »

Not even kidding. His aimed shot has a 25% chance to hit, and he keeps getting hits in on snap shots and auto fire! And everything he hits goes down instantly, death scream and all!

You're not hacking him just because it's funny are you?
Nope. His firing accuracy is 42.

I only have the editor because I needed to bring back Doktorov. I wouldn't know how to hack in the middle of a battle, or change the stated hit rate other than by adjusting the accuracy upwards. I just checked that now, in fact. I only was going on the fact that the stated percent to hit was very low.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:39:14 pm by GentlemanRaptor »
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2013, 08:07:06 pm »

Not even kidding. His aimed shot has a 25% chance to hit, and he keeps getting hits in on snap shots and auto fire! And everything he hits goes down instantly, death scream and all!

You're not hacking him just because it's funny are you?

Not that there'd be anything wrong with spicing the LP up with a bit of tasteful hacking.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2013, 08:06:00 pm »

Update is here!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2013, 07:36:19 am »

*snrk* Yippie Ki-Yay, motherfucker!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2013, 04:36:56 pm »

*snrk* Yippie Ki-Yay, motherfucker!
Die Hard was playing in the rec room before the mission started.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2013, 06:12:11 am »

Sorry for the delay in updating. It should be up sometime today.

Camp Tramp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2013, 04:34:47 pm »

Hello there

I'd like to enrol as a trooper, I may have to wait a while to be enlisted or then again maybe not, knowing what casualty figures are like!

Name Camp Tramp
Weapon Any
Personality A 'Contrary Mary' and argumentative. Can be a bit of a ruthless bastard, both to the enemy and with his enemies!

I'm rubbish at this game so good to see someone doing well with it so far

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2013, 07:57:19 pm »

Update is here!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2013, 08:24:09 pm »

Hello there

I'd like to enrol as a trooper, I may have to wait a while to be enlisted or then again maybe not, knowing what casualty figures are like!

Name Camp Tramp
Weapon Any
Personality A 'Contrary Mary' and argumentative. Can be a bit of a ruthless bastard, both to the enemy and with his enemies!

I'm rubbish at this game so good to see someone doing well with it so far
Yeah, casualties tend to be high, though I'm certainly doing my best to keep them down. Your soldier will most likely make it in, unless I go the rest of the game with zero casualties. That won't happen.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 13, 2013, 03:51:19 pm »

Shameless self-bump.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2013, 03:52:09 pm »

Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »

Shameless self-bump.

More dead aliens?
Yeah. The most recent update went up at a bad time.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 13, 2013, 05:05:27 pm »

I would think that many of these weapons would work differently below the surface as they do on land... but apparently once you invent something to work deep underwater it can pretty much function everywhere.

One second as I fly to work in my Submarine, and fire torpedoes at some seagulls.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2013, 05:16:11 pm »

I would think that many of these weapons would work differently below the surface as they do on land... but apparently once you invent something to work deep underwater it can pretty much function everywhere.

One second as I fly to work in my Submarine, and fire torpedoes at some seagulls.

Not at all! You may notice the conspicuous lack of torpedoes, ink grenades and "chainguns". There are a few other glaring examples later on.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2013, 05:36:35 pm »

You sure dye grenades don't work above water? But yes, one of the "neat" things TFTD did was make some of the more powerful heavy weapons from EU only work underwater, ie. not on terror or base defence missions.

Though Neonivek might very well be referencing to the fact that the weapons that do work both above and underwater do so identically. I have no idea how it would affect sonic or gauss weaponry, but I doubt you could throw a grenade all that good while sumberged.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29