Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: Let's Play X-COM: Terror from the Deep-We're all gonna die!  (Read 38395 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-COM: Terror from the Deep-We're all gonna die!
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2013, 06:07:21 pm »

Dr. Johnny's Diary
Feb. 17

Dear Diary,
   OH GOD THEY ACTUALLY LET HIM IN. Do you remember that prank Bobsky and I came up with at the scientist party last week? The one to put a souped up broom in with the next shipment of recruits? He was approved! I can't believe it; guess the commander must have been drunk that day too. He'll have our heads for this if he finds out who was responsible.
   Okay, okay we can get through this, Bobsky and I just need to remember to change the batteries in the RC controllers we hooked up to the base's radio transmitters, and make sure the rubberbands don't snap. If we're really really lucky, nothing important will happen on this mission and we'll be able to sneak Broomy out of the barracks after the mission is over. Maybe we could have one of the soldiers cover for him too, I think one of them still owes Bobsky 5 bucks.
   Oh who am I kidding this is going to be a disaster.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:36:30 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2013, 10:30:18 pm »

In the General Stores of the Requiem base, there sit six perfectly smooth, glass cylinders. Five of them are filled with a swirling turquoise liquid, and one, labelled only "I", is empty. At the top and base of the cylinder is a plate covered in arcane electronics, obtuse controls, and writing in what appears to be a patently fake language. There, in the darkness, the one labelled only "II" begins to glow ominously. After almost exactly 24 hours of silent illumination, it begins to emit the tiniest of hisses, and produces a small amount of teal fog. After a few minutes, a door opens on the side of the "II" cylinder, allowing a short, squat, somewhat hairy human to emerge. He holds his head up high, struts into the General Stores area, and realizes that he was not packed with a uniform. Silently, avoiding the gaze of lights and guards, like in a game he once played, he sneaks his way into the barracks. As he starts to scope the room out, he hears a strange whirring, and turns to find himself face to face with a bucket.

MaxII: "...hi."
Broomy: "Hiya, pardner!"
MaxII: "What...are you?"
Broomy: "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum!"

MaxII suddenly burst into a huge grin. Here before him was a pseudo-atomaton, apparently made of a broom and a bucket, and possibly some RC toys. It seemed to flail in the most inhuman manner possible, and spoke in a stilted pre-recorded voice, but it still had a bunk in the same room as MaxII, including a locker full of gauss weaponry and not much else. There was a gauss pistol duct taped to the broom handle.

MaxII: "Are you a soldier, roomy?"
Broomy: "I'm the broom that likes the booooom!"
MaxII: "You and I are going to get along just fine, Broomy."

MaxII walks over to MaxI's locker, slips on a wetsuit, and looks sadly at the pitiful gun in the locker. There is a universal truth: None of the allium scum like being blown up. Max resolved to get some better, higher caliber, and more explosive weaponry. After patting Broomy on the bucket, he started to walk toward the office to procure some requisition forms, when he heard a voice. The bucket boomed:

Broomy: "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."
MaxII: "Fuck yeah, we will, buddy. Those allium bastards are goin' down."
Broomy: "THIS...IS MY BOOMSTICK!"

With that, MaxII turned and walked down the hall.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:33:35 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2013, 12:01:49 am »

As they were boarding the sub to Bangkok, Cesare saw the new "recruit" and shook his head. "Tsk, tsk, tsk..."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2013, 10:10:36 am »

This noise was really, really irritating. Without looking up from his datapad, Doktorov spoke up "Vat, vat, vat is it? Vai all ze noise and excitiment? Ve are on a mishion boys, and I am BUZY!"

But then he did look up, only to be faced with a bucket. With a whirr of its own, the bucket spoke up “Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow, Doctor.”

Okay, this was IT! Dr. Doktorov stood up, waving his hands in annoyance. "Zis is not right. I am a DOKTOR, not a JANITOR. Vai is this bucket machine vith us here? Vat am I supposed to do wiz it?"

After some explanation,
"It is a SOLDIER? Vat is vrong with the management? I WILL SUBMIT A COMPLAINT! Mai condition is NOT an excuse to let ze other machines into service! Zis is an OUTRAGE!"

With a sigh, Doktorov settled back into his seat and started looking up how to maintain complex RC machinery. He was a Doctor after all, and it was his duty to bring everyone back alive. Or at least looking alive, as this bucket apparently fooled everyone else.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2013, 12:19:51 pm »

Best. X-COM. Soldier. Ever.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2013, 03:49:26 pm »

Best. X-COM. Soldier. Ever.
The combat dialogue for him is going to be fun to write.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »

Please don't hack to make him psi-immune, it would be funny if when the alien commanders hijack him somehow. I imagine plastic remote looted from a hardware store.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2013, 06:57:01 pm »

Please don't hack to make him psi-immune, it would be funny if when the alien commanders hijack him somehow. I imagine plastic remote looted from a hardware store.
I can imagine that now:

"Hey Zorg, what's this?"
"I don't know, let me see it. There are buttons and switches..."
"What did you just do?"
"What? What?"
"That soldier's arms...they flopped for a second!"
"Umm..."
"Well, keep going! We can figure this out!"

Minutes later

"This one moves the right arm, this one moves the left, and this one...pulls the trigger?"
"No, wait, it's pointed at us-"
*bangbangbang*
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2013, 08:11:29 pm »

Just imagine him spewing catch phrases one minute, then blasting us while spewing catch phrases without missing a beat because they're prerecorded XD

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2013, 04:22:10 pm »

Omgwtfbbq. Broomy McBucket has decided that, despite his low Accuracy stat, he is a total badass. And that he can one-shot aliens with his Gauss Pistol. How did that even happen?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2013, 04:23:25 pm »

Omgwtfbbq. Broomy McBucket has decided that, despite his low Accuracy stat, he is a total badass. And that he can one-shot aliens with his Gauss Pistol. How did that even happen?

Never underestimate the power of one-liners.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2013, 04:23:43 pm »

What have I unleashed? O_o
It's FEF, not FEOF

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2013, 04:28:27 pm »

Not even kidding. His aimed shot has a 25% chance to hit, and he keeps getting hits in on snap shots and auto fire! And everything he hits goes down instantly, death scream and all!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2013, 05:44:34 pm »

Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2013, 05:53:11 pm »

Not even kidding. His aimed shot has a 25% chance to hit, and he keeps getting hits in on snap shots and auto fire! And everything he hits goes down instantly, death scream and all!

You're not hacking him just because it's funny are you?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29