Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Let's Play X-COM: Terror from the Deep-We're all gonna die!  (Read 38424 times)

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play X-COM: Terror from the Deep-We're all gonna die!
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 10:01:00 pm »

Hawkwoods Diary

Killed my first alien today, looked like a blue fishy Sectoid, a fishtoid?.
It does not matter. The real threat lies elsewhere.

Ive read about every attack by the Chryssalids, and i know that beyond anything else the invaders have used they were the most effective and terrible weapons unleashed upon us.
Having our own men turned upon us, their skin a shell to protecting a parasite that growing within...

I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2013, 01:25:17 am »

Scree-eee-eech. The ear splitting sound of the knife-point scratching into the inside of the metal footlocker lid.

Etched, the crude but recognizable face of an aquatoid, next to "Los tiburones."
Underneath the face, a single straight mark.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2013, 09:59:26 am »

Oh, TFTD vets: When do you usually expand to a new base?

Expand into a new base when you have the resources to either a) have it equipped with soldiers and some base defences or b) support interceptor craft. You should be able to buy those outright, and still have money left over for your main operations.

To be honest, I frequently turtle and expand into a new base when I need more research/manufacturing done. But a second base's radar cover can be a godsend.

------------------

Dr. Doktorov's log:

Deer Diary,

It waz good to go out and stretch my legs. I dunt know vai I had to get into ze fray, but it waz good to shoot ze alien bastard in ze face.
I stopped by ze research lab again today, and zey still dunt have my medkit ready. I gave zem ze ezact instructions, wat is taking zem so long?

Ze boys also commented on my accent. I dunt have an accent, it iz just my educated speech!

I will stop by ze lab again. Maybe zey are dun now.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2013, 10:43:50 am »

I love how he writes in the phonetic accent.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2013, 11:02:23 am »

I love how he writes in the phonetic accent.

Educated Speech!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2013, 06:24:34 pm »

Gah. Any advice on finding that one last alien tucked into a closet somewhere on an island terror mission?
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 06:25:42 pm »

Generally I send my soldiers in groups of 4 to search faster.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 08:40:55 pm »

Motion sensors. Also, check all the closets. Or just blow them up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2013, 09:04:01 pm »

HE is the only friend you need.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »

HE is the only friend you need.
Ran out of HE. Reggie Reginald had quite a bit of fun. So, closet checking it is. I'll put up a pre-combat update soon, and get the combat done and uploaded tomorrow or Sunday.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2013, 09:27:26 pm »

Is it the mission with the pyramids?

Have you checked the damn tucked corner THEY ALL HAVE?!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2013, 09:30:50 pm »

Heh. Just an island terror mission. Mauritius or somewhere around there.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2013, 09:51:13 pm »

MEMO TO ALL X-COM OPERATIVES

The budget for food is large, but not infinite. So please, please refrain from ordering crumpets by the ton(ne) in the future. We simply cannot afford that type of expenditure after every operation. On an unrelated note, barbecued VICTORY, while it may smell like the flesh of our enemies, has no place in our kitchens. We need those Aquatoid corpses for research purposes.

Thanks,
Management

END OF MEMO                                                                                                                     

SALVAGE CHIEF'S LOG

Well, our first mission went well. Better than was expected, actually, looking at the casualty rates for the First Alien War. Well, back to work for me.
I ordered more ammo for the Coelacanth, as well as another Aquanaut. I figured that we could always use another grunt valued soldier.

I also ordered more ammo for our jet harpoons. They only hold 10 rounds in a pack, so we need as many as we can get.

The Alien Containment facility finished constructing. Cesare now has a reason to practice with his stun rod!

The items I ordered arrived. (OOC: Will not show new ordered Aquanauts until I can get them a name and field experience)

The lab boys finished researching those Medi-kits for Dr. Doktorov. Maybe now he'll stop bothering our poor scientists.

They look like they'll be useful, once we have armor that can take more than a single hit.

Next on the research list is one of those alien rifles we captured. If we can find out how to use it and load it, it may be of some use to us.

I was almost ready to begin producing Medi-Kits:

However, after about a day, something came up.

Time to prepare for battle.

END LOG

Next Time on Terror from the Deep:

Terror! Deep Ones! Casualties! Explosions! And much more...

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 05:12:06 pm »

Okay, unforeseen delay: I need to replace my computer's hard drive. Don't worry, everything is backed up, but I can't do any more on the LP until the drive is replaced. Fortunately, I have one on hand, and can install it tomorrow. So, updates should be resuming soon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2013, 08:53:23 pm »

Blurgh! Hope all goes well.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29