Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Have necromancers any other power?  (Read 2984 times)

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Have necromancers any other power?
« on: April 07, 2013, 09:45:45 am »

I cleaned a Necromancer tower and read a book to learn how to animate corpses and I have some questions:

The game told me I learned how to animate corpses but I don't remember reading about secrets of life and death... Am I a necromancer anyway?

There wasn't a slab... Is that normal?

And the subjet of this thread, Are there different powers?

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Have necromancers any other power?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 09:47:31 am »

All what Necros can do is raising dead corpses by pressing 'x' and then choosing the power when an dead body is in visible range.

Except of that is an Necromancer as mortal as an peasant.

A.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:49:03 am »

In addition to raising the dead, you also don't need to breath, eat, or drink.  Also, the undead won't bother you (much like being a vampire). You most definitely did learn the secrets of life and death, and acquired all of these powers.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:52:26 am »

necromancers do not need to sleep, do not need to eat, and do not need water. They're weaker than vampires though IMO, since they can still feel pain and can probly still die from disease and can become exhausted.

My necromancers tend to be the weakest of my adventurers since they relay on their minions so much. Got a archer shooting at you? throw a head and it and animate the head. You can also stand behind your minions, rangers need a direct clear shot at you with no other enemies in between (their allies dont block arrows though). Melee fighters go down easily as well as you can animate a arm or hand in your inventory then walk behind him, while the zombie hand ("the thing") grabs him. Then you charge him from behind and take off his arm which becomes another undead, and so on.

EDIT: kinda ninja'd on the needs part, but necromancers DO need to breathe.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 09:54:20 am »

They do? Okay.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:58:27 am »

necromancers do not need to sleep, do not need to eat, and do not need water. They're weaker than vampires though IMO, since they can still feel pain and can probly still die from disease and can become exhausted.
Necromancers' attributes are not locked. That means any sufficiently long lived necromancer adventurer will eventually surpass any and all vampires in existence of that world... Providing it wasn't an adventurer's vampire character of course.

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 10:00:49 am »

Necromancers' attributes are not locked. That means any sufficiently long lived necromancer adventurer will eventually surpass any and all vampires in existence of that world... Providing it wasn't an adventurer's vampire character of course.
Thank you guys, here are two questions:

- I was a vampire before beeing a necromancer... But my stats get higher after fighting!

- Can you recover from mortal wounds?

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 10:03:54 am »

You can recover from a mortal wound if it's only something like a bruised lung. By stats do you mean skills or attributes?

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 10:04:46 am »

You can recover from a mortal wound if it's only something like a bruised lung. By stats do you mean skills or attributes?
I mean using of weapons, shield, axe, etc

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 10:27:02 am »

necro:
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
vamp:
[CE_ADD_TAG:BLOODSUCKER:NO_AGING:STERILE:NOT_LIVING:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]

so i was wrong about necromancers going exhausted after all. But they both have NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN so i dont think theres a difference in what they can or cant gain in attributes after.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 10:29:55 am »

I mean using of weapons, shield, axe, etc
Those are skills not attributes, being a vampire doesn't stop your adventurer from learning and improving on their skills.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 12:13:51 am »

Since becoming a vampire I was able to go from above average endurance to Superhuman, and my Spatial Sense and Kinesthetic Sense also went up to Superior from Average

I don't think attribute freeze is working properly on anyone
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

snakesoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 03:43:35 am »

Since becoming a vampire I was able to go from above average endurance to Superhuman, and my Spatial Sense and Kinesthetic Sense also went up to Superior from Average

Same for me

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 04:38:37 am »

They do? Okay.
Actually, I was flooding my moat with water when it was full of necromancers. Silly me. They all just floated to the top and came out.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 07:16:38 am »

Your attributes are boosted by 200% before freezing.
Pages: [1] 2