Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist Question: What is Related Rolls?  (Read 714 times)

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist Question: What is Related Rolls?
« on: April 07, 2013, 01:31:20 am »

I have a Dwarf Therapist question that I can not find the answer on: what are related rolls? I assume that they are referring to the attributes that effects the skill that its pertaining too, however I would love a definitive answer if possible (rather then theory).
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist Question: What is Related Rolls?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 12:37:29 pm »

Wow. No replies? I guess no one has a clue?
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 02:15:32 pm »

Not quite sure what you are talking about would be my guess. Where exactly are you seeing the text "related roles"? Just from the text I would assume that your assumption is right, but without further knowledge on exactly where you are seeing this (and what branch of DT you are using if that's where you are seeing it) there isn't much I can guess at.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Lav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 12:41:07 am »

If you are using Dwarf Therapist 20.4, then it has related roles, not rolls.

Role is a purely DT concept, it does not exist in game (at least not directly). Essentially roles are there to help you estimate dwarf's fitness for specific profession, aggregating all his skills, attributes, traits and personal preferences into a single percentile value.
Seems to be the way with things on this forum; if an invention doesn't involve death by magma then you know someone's going to go out of their way to make sure it does involve death by magma... then it gets acknowledged as being a great invention.