Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Negative Free May Signup *Cancelled*  (Read 4548 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Negative Free May Signup
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2013, 09:28:07 am »

Neonivek in Positive Mode will be damning everyone in faint praise.

"Stephen Hawking is a brilliant physicist and when it comes to theology I can say he's a brilliant physicist."

Something like that.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 09:43:01 am »

Those people who Neonivek proclaims "don't think critically" actually do think critically, they simply have a different value system on how they judge the game, and thus, *gasp* disagree with him (or myself, or forum member #678).  Honestly this sentence could go for a lot of people here, including myself.

Not that negativity in general is bad, it's just when you're negative almost 24/7 (Star Trek: Voyager is the lone exception) it grates a bit.

And considering how this forum is filled with jaded nerds, we don't have to worry about being too happy, unfortunately.  Unless we all start posting like Deathworks, then there would be cause for concern.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 01:45:24 pm »

I'm waffling between calling this a stupid idea and just shaking my head at the whole thing. 

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 03:20:51 pm »

Sounds great! I'll try to get some friends I know in on this, too.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 04:56:53 pm »

So yes? I can be only negative! Cool! I'll my judgmental hat on.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2013, 07:29:03 pm »

Those people who Neonivek proclaims "don't think critically" actually do think critically, they simply have a different value system on how they judge the game, and thus, *gasp* disagree with him (or myself, or forum member #678).
I'm having a tough time discerning the value system of forum member #678.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2013, 07:33:03 pm »

Holy fuck he's not a spambot.  Also, register date is October 20, 2006...wow, old user. :P

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »

I'm three years into a fortress, and I've had a large farming operation planting exclusively plump helmets for some time.  As a result, I've got nearly 200 plump helmet seeds. Or at least, that's what the kitchen screen says.<P>My farmers can't seem to locate any seeds except for the occasional new one being created by eating plump helmet I've just received. The other ~180 are nowhere to be found. I've looked through all my barrels and stockpiles, and they're nowhere.  <P>Is this a known bug? Or am I just missing something/
Evidently, his value system revolves solely around seeds and knowing where they are.
It's a pretty reasonable value system, I'd say.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2013, 07:34:14 pm »

Those people who Neonivek proclaims "don't think critically" actually do think critically, they simply have a different value system on how they judge the game, and thus, *gasp* disagree with him (or myself, or forum member #678).
I'm having a tough time discerning the value system of forum member #678.
Oh hey! What am I! Who's #1337? #666?

Oh wait, yeah must be negative. *cough* That's cool and all, but can you tell me who #1337 is? Or me?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:36:15 pm by misko27 »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 07:36:34 pm »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2013, 08:40:17 pm »

Those people who Neonivek proclaims "don't think critically" actually do think critically, they simply have a different value system on how they judge the game, and thus, *gasp* disagree with him (or myself, or forum member #678).  Honestly this sentence could go for a lot of people here, including myself.

What!?! You disagree with me? AHHHH!!! But I am right and you are wrong! There is no room for anything but my rightness!

>:(

Though honestly as much as I can push my own points I have no issue with people disagreeing and sometimes I have to catch myself in going a bit far with an argument.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2013, 09:57:41 pm »

Only an hour left to be positive here!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 10:12:23 pm »

Hmmm. I theoretically want to sign up with this, although I'm probably the most sarcastic person I know (and multiple others agree) and it seems I'm bound to be negative at least once a day. Otherwise I die. It's a medical condition. See, snarky sarcasm right there. Point being I'm doubtful I'd even make it three days.

Define negative-free, though. Does this mean we simply cannot say anything negative or does it mean we cannot think negatively at all? I'm fairly certain the later is physically impossible for me.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 10:20:45 pm »

Making a negative comment.

If I were you, I would write them down, and read them all out at the end of the month.

Anyway, despite my hilarious statements to the contrary (yes, they were hilarious. Shut up) I shall join in on this.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2013, 10:41:54 pm »

If I were you, I would write them down, and read them all out at the end of the month.

That kinda defeats the purpose though, if the goal is to be less negative, but you're still thinking negatively and indulging the thoughts by writing them down for later.

Maybe that's just my interpretation of it. If the goal is to be less negative around others, that's silly, I'd rather nip the issue in the bud by focusing on reducing my own negative thoughts entirely, not just keeping them in my head, which I kinda do already.

I guess I could sign up for this too. Expect me to make a post tomorrow saying how I failed.  :P
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6