Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21502 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2013, 09:29:39 am »

Jbg had just added another 20 zombies to his original 50 (tour group apparently) when he felt he had been challenged. "Pity, only a few more days and I would've had an army fit for a king." He turned to his undead horde. "HEAR ME, MY UNDEAD SERVANTS. WE MARCH UPON THE MOUNTAIN HOME. OUR TARGET: CHEEEEEEESECAKE. NOW, LET US MARCH."
The march from Jbg's tower to the mountain homes will take 2 days, and there are several human villages in between. Will you bolster the fortress defenses? Warn the humans? Accept your death with dignity? Your move Cheese. Your move.
If you're wondering why I haven't created a super zombie yet, you'll see.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:31:50 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2013, 09:39:21 am »

KHH goes and starts looting finding a metal anvil in the wagon going inside the cave and seeing the work done he gets to work setting up a blacksmith after all the picks and axes will need repair soon enough and that cheese cake may need to have a axe in the headwhere would you stick an axe in a cheese cake he mused calling to the other forumites to help out
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2013, 09:40:47 am »

The march from Jbg's tower to the mountain homes will take 2 days, and there are several human villages in between. Will you bolster the fortress defenses? Warn the humans? Accept your death with dignity? Your move Cheese. Your move.

(There are a few things wrong with this: a minor thing, but still signifigant: we are not a mountain home, yet, only a settlement.  It is still day 2, around noon, so your journey to the necromancer tower would place it around 7-10 miles away, not enough room for there to be any villages that we couldn't see, but the tower would be just on the horizon, barely visible.  If we are attacked this early, then I am going to force events not to be in your favor, because the entity who brought us here doesn't want us to die when the fun has only just begun.

I might as well say this now: can people not gain god-mode ability instantly, because it should take awhile to develop your skills.  For example, since you just learned the secrets of life and death, you should only be able to revive at most 1 or 2 zombies, due to having not much skill in controlling them.  Yes, I did just give my character two abilities that could prove powerful, but I have started them out unable to be used without a lot of practice.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:42:48 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2013, 09:42:44 am »

(This is exactly why I went into a strange mood. It gets me amazing skills and useful artifacts.)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2013, 09:47:40 am »

(This is exactly why I went into a strange mood. It gets me amazing skills and useful artifacts.)

(While that is true, we shouldn't be able to get those until the fortress population reaches 20, and even then, it should be a random occurance rather than through ritual, but the ritual does make sense, once the population passes 20.  Which skill is going to be going to legendary, by the way?)
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2013, 09:49:17 am »

(While that is true, we shouldn't be able to get those until the fortress population reaches 20, and even then, it should be a random occurance rather than through ritual, but the ritual does make sense, once the population passes 20.  Which skill is going to be going to legendary, by the way?)
(Alchemy. I'm going to fight by throwing flasks of acid and such.)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2013, 09:55:15 am »

(That sounds pretty good, but don't forget that while you have the ability to create a potions and poisons masterfully, you wouldn't know what it would do without analysis of the ingredients.

I'm guessing what you are making is going to be similar to the white phial from skyrim, right?)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2013, 10:00:03 am »

(That sounds pretty good, but don't forget that while you have the ability to create a potions and poisons masterfully, you wouldn't know what it would do without analysis of the ingredients.

I'm guessing what you are making is going to be similar to the white phial from skyrim, right?)
(No, actually. I won't spoil it though.)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2013, 10:15:34 am »

(There are a few things wrong with this: a minor thing, but still signifigant: we are not a mountain home, yet, only a settlement.  It is still day 2, around noon, so your journey to the necromancer tower would place it around 7-10 miles away, not enough room for there to be any villages that we couldn't see, but the tower would be just on the horizon, barely visible.  If we are attacked this early, then I am going to force events not to be in your favor, because the entity who brought us here doesn't want us to die when the fun has only just begun.

I might as well say this now: can people not gain god-mode ability instantly, because it should take awhile to develop your skills.  For example, since you just learned the secrets of life and death, you should only be able to revive at most 1 or 2 zombies, due to having not much skill in controlling them.  Yes, I did just give my character two abilities that could prove powerful, but I have started them out unable to be used without a lot of practice.)
Well, 5/7ths of the zombie were premade. Also, HOW IS IT STILL DAY 2? I thought we just ended the night of day 2 and began day 3
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2013, 10:28:47 am »

Well, 5/7ths of the zombie were premade. Also, HOW IS IT STILL DAY 2? I thought we just ended the night of day 2 and began day 3

(Which post led you to believe that?  I will admit when I am wrong, but the majority of the actions seem to be for day 2.)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:40:28 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2013, 10:50:42 am »

(Yeah, the cougar fight was when I was heading back from gathering stuff. I barely lucked through that, though I suspect I'd do better against a humanoid.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2013, 11:00:36 am »

Alamoes runs for cover as soon as he sees the zombies.  It's obviously a rotten cheesecake, I don't like rotten food.  Rotten food belongs in the refuse pile.  I stand there peering from my cave at the cake monster. 

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2013, 11:08:39 am »

Rolepgeek huffed. "Is there then river near, for fish catching? The carp force caution."
The fisher dwarf wandered around a bit, occasionally helping move rubble, before figuring out where the river was, and heading there to fish. He had his spear and was a great wrestler, part of the reason he'd survived as a fishersdwarf for so long. Hopefully, though, they would not be needed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »

(Yeah, the cougar fight was when I was heading back from gathering stuff. I barely lucked through that, though I suspect I'd do better against a humanoid.)

(Truthfully, I don't think a journey to gather up plants would take two day straight journey.  I would think you could get the amount you specified in a day, considering how you described the forest.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2013, 06:51:26 pm »

[Anyone here like beer? Or think they've become dwarven enough in the transition to need it? Just my two cents, might make for a more compelling story if you stumble at first with all the things you have no clue about, as if you really were trying this in real life. Of course, if anyone has technical knowledge about distilleries, do not hesitate to step forward! Knowing the general principal could also go a long way.]
(I'll stick to water, and juice and milk when we get them.)

-----

Having since finished the depot and a crude building encompassing the workshop and my sleeping area, GreatWyrmGold looked to the horizon.
"I smell something..."
He hurried to the fortress and grabbed a pickaxe and started to dig from his shack to the fortress. Best to have an escape tunnel...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16