Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21479 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 03:20:03 pm »

Finish off the workshops, then process my gathered plants.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 04:01:20 pm »

OREOSOME took the various herbs he found, and began to slightly separate them.
"Hm... Lets see... Good, Good, Not sure, Good. Wait, is that hemlock? "
Throwing away the poisonous berry...

[ooc:I thought helmock was similar in appearance to wild carrots or water parsnip?]

Necrisha poked her head out from under the wagon. She wasn't sure how she go there, she must have fallen asleep on her netbook again seeing as waiting for the accelerated mod to download was the last thing she remembered. There was a cave where some of the forumites were doing something, some lone guy ran off with a barrel and pick- disappeared past the hill, and a couple of people working on cutting trees. She quickly scrambled out from under, her trousers muddy and hair short, and quietly slipped into the wagon, looking for something to have handy just in case.

Pushing past a couple of the barrels she found a bucket, knife, axe and some thread. Remembering an odd technique she tried as a kid she grabbed a knife and a bucket. wandering over to the carpenter's shop she stops ten feet away and waves.

"Uh, hi. I'm going to go fishing. Got any branches that are over an inch thick I can use?"

(if yes she's going to split on end in quarter sections about 6 inches down with a barb on each end and wedge 2 thin twig like sticks to keep them open. making a catching device similar to a spear without penetrating the meat. and happily head toward the brook with the knife in hand just in case.)
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 04:04:24 pm »

(Can some of the posters get more detail into what they are doing?  It would allow for a better game, and allow for a better ability to respond to the actions of others.

Examples from Continued... thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109636.3915
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109636.3930

Actually, you can go to a random page and come up with some examples.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:08:10 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 04:09:23 pm »

Jbg felt his hermit hovel was quite bare. Digging it out futher, he then snuck down the mountain, and stole an axe. Quickly chopping down several trees and hauling them up to his hovel, Jbg built himself a  a carpenter workshop, a door, a bed, and bowyer's workshop. He didn't know how to make a bow... yet. Soon would come the time when he would rain death, but not today.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 04:12:29 pm »

Jbg felt his hermit hovel was quite bare. Digging it out futher, he then snuck down the mountain, and stole an axe. Quickly chopping down several trees and hauling them up to his hovel, Jbg built himself a  a carpenter workshop, a door, a bed, and bowyer's workshop. He didn't know how to make a bow... yet. Soon would come the time when he would rain death, but not today.

(As I said earlier, could you keep your actions on the DF timescale, somewhat?  What you are describing would take a few days to do, and based upon a fair portion of the posts, we aren't even past day 1.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 04:16:16 pm »

Huh, I thought we were done with Day 1
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 04:18:05 pm »

Huh, I thought we were done with Day 1

(Look at the timescale on my and Necrisha's posts.  You'll notice that those actions would only have taken half an hour at most.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 04:30:09 pm »

*Stretch*
*wake up*
Xantalos sat up, blinking in the light of day that he wasn't accustomed to waking up to. He shivered at the cold air -
Wait. Cold air?
Looking around, he can only see a bunch of people running around performing a large variety of activities and freaking out. Then he remembered - I was downloading the latest DF version and then ... I dunno.
Looking around again, he could only conclude - wait, pick axes?
Dear god. He was in DF. Damn you Past Xantalos, why didn't you read those 'What if Bay12 were a maintain hall' threads?
Well, this situation was both good and bad. Good because Toady might've included magic in this version, which might lead to him finally freeing himself - on the other hand he was stuck in an unexplored world with nothing, not even -
Looking down at the weight covering his legs, he sees his cat. "You came along too? Well, that's a good start at least."
"Now to introduce myself and not die."
Walking up to a random person, he says, "Are you a member of the forum known as Bay12? If so, I think I may know where we are."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 04:30:52 pm »

((If you're doing something isolated explain how many day's said thing is going to take unless you are interrupted and don't expect to to be posting as much- character to character interaction makes for more pages to a day. you can also state a response for any predicted interruptions.

Hey Zanzetkuken were you going to standardize your posts with a time of day? I can log stuff that's going on and give a general day's/weeks end post in a different colour as sort of a setting from the wagon's view for a while if you like. You know just a general description of  the changed scenery and basic grouping for any jump in's after the first while.))
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 04:40:39 pm »

The strange human comes out of the cave with a large rock, somehow not in small pieces from him smashing the wall with his copper pick.  He places it in the dump zone.  He then goes and repeats that several more times.  A narrow path has been made, about five rocks deep and two rocks wide. 

"That there is hard work.  Anyone else want to help?  I think there is another pick in the wagon.  Oh wait, didn't that other guy run off with it and the alcohol?  I don't care, cause I don't drink, at least not as much as you guys do.  Hurts business to be wandering around on a short fuse like that.  Well, I think this blue stuff is microline, if anyone wants any to build stuff with it,  I've run into another layer though and that black stuff may well be useful as fuel, probably coal.  I'll leave it be for now though."

He just continues to ramble. 

[Obviously the human was the designated driver.  :P]

After all is said and done, he disappears into the cave again and continues digging his hole, trying to get all the coal. 

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2013, 04:48:32 pm »

((Hey Zanzetkuken were you going to standardize your posts with a time of day? I can log stuff that's going on and give a general day's/weeks end post in a different colour as sort of a setting from the wagon's view for a while if you like. You know just a general description of  the changed scenery and basic grouping for any jump in's after the first while.))

(That would be a good idea, but I might not be able to be on the forums at the times it could pick-up quickly, so I would prefer that people could read other people's posts to get a rough estimate at how much time has actually passed.  I will announce a new day, or a time-skip.)

Walking up to a random person, he says, "Are you a member of the forum known as Bay12? If so, I think I may know where we are."

Zanzetkuken turned towards the person who came up behind him, slightly scared by the sudden presence.  When the scare passed a second later, he hesitantly responded, "Yes, I am.  My username there is Zanzetkuken the Great, and we are currently in a 'If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall..' situation.  Luck on my part is that I was a participant in both of the threads, but that luck is greatly reduced when one consideres that at the time, my character was hardly there, and when he was, he would be described as a 'God-mode Sue,' so I didn't gain all that much experience.  Who are you, by the way?   I am not good with recognizing faces."

He turns to the forumite who spoke, "I had a third pickaxe that was in the wagon, but someone else got it.  I was in a state of panic at the time, so I wasn't paying attention to who it was.  Try and be careful with the coal, you don't want to be getting black lung in here."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:52:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 04:51:56 pm »

"You're Zanzetkuken? I'm Xantalos, glad to meet you. Now, I know that we all kind have read the threads which you mentioned, hopefully, but shouldnt we organize ourselves a bit so we can actually build a fortress if that's what we're doing?
Also, this is my cat. Say hi, Curio."
He meows.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 04:57:53 pm »

"That is what is trying to be done, although, one guy has run off, and another group is down at the forest, but the majority seems to be coming up here.  Thank God, there was a shallow cave already eroded into the rock up here that had no creatures in it.  How's Curio at catching vermin?  There might be a feast in his? future within the cave."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 05:00:41 pm »

"He constantly leaves disemboweled bird guts on my bed for me, so I'd say he's pretty good at it. If he gets hungry he'll wander off and come back in a bit with a mouse or a sparrow or something. He'll be fine.
Now, do we have any plump helmets? Or food that can be grown? I don't fancy starving to death."
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 05:02:16 pm »

(Just for the record, I do intend to be involved with the main fortress--swapping furniture for tools and such like that.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16