Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe) (Day 3 since arrival)  (Read 21458 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall (alternative universe)
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 09:05:33 am »

(can i be a dwarf-friendly elf? please? :) )

Kahn1234 fell out of a tree GWG was chopping.

"Hey! whats the big idea!....wait what was i doing in a tree, why do i have pointy ears and why am i wearing a leaf fibre dress?"

Looks around.

"oh no! the game!"

looks around nervously. tries to be helpful by helping GWG.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:14:25 am by kahn1234 »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 09:08:16 am »

*throws a rock at kagn1234 from my hilltop*

"GET OUTTA HERE YA DIRTY ELF! GO BACK TO YOUR TREE-HUGGING COMMUNE YA HIPPY!"

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 09:14:57 am »

*throws a rock at kagn1234 from my hilltop*

"GET OUTTA HERE YA DIRTY ELF! GO BACK TO YOUR TREE-HUGGING COMMUNE YA HIPPY!"

"but I'm a friendly elf!" she splutters.

in a panic, she runs right by every dwarf in the area.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 09:25:55 am »

OREOSOME raised an eyebrow at the elf fleeing.
"Um... What the hell? Let me guess, you're a forumite too, and so is the guy chasing you. Look, the cave is safe, but do not touch the berries and herbs in the pit to the right. Thats the poisonous stuff."
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 09:27:41 am »

*hides in cave*

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 09:35:08 am »

I jump out of cave and yell surprise!  I go get my pick and return to the cave.  I go digging in the corner of the cave. 

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 09:46:24 am »

attempt to help Alamoes.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 09:53:52 am »

Grab kahn by the ear and force the elf to tell me where its pot of sunberries is.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 10:05:16 am »

Grab kahn by the ear and force the elf to tell me where its pot of sunberries is.

lash out at remuthra and try to get away.

"sunberries? i don't have any sunberries!"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 10:06:10 am »

look down at new dwarvish body.

Sjm9876 has gone stark raving mad!
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 11:00:57 am »

"I'm a giant face..."

(You're not seeing ASCII, it looks like ordinary reality)

(I must say this now, you must consider how many days it takes to properly perform a task before considering it done.  That is actually the one limitation that has been determined, due to the fact that digging more than a few meters takes days in-game, and from the viewpoint of the characters inside, it is real-time.  While there are really no limitations on actions performed, you do  need to keep in mind that any action does take time.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:02:38 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2013, 11:06:24 am »

"I'm watching you, elf. I know your treasure is somewhere around here."

Grab some spare stone and wood and build an alchemist's workshop and an altar.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2013, 11:34:03 am »

After finally calming down, Zanzetkuken looked around at the chaos surrounding him.  The other forumites were doing whatever they wanted to do, which, he had to admit, he had done in his panic.  However, as it was, they needed to organize for now, in order to prevent deaths.  He knew he was unable to speak in front of large groups, in fact, it was slightly difficult to find out who that person was.

When he looked around, paying attention to any underlying order, there appeared to be two groups, one expanding a shallow, natural cave partway up the mountain, and one working on a small aboveground area in a nearby forest.  Both areas appeared to be wilderness or untamed wilds aligned, with no evil or good plants visible.  Although, considering the game, there could be any variety of biomes, so this might not be true, but he had a feeling that whoever took them here was wanting to watch something interesting, so they wouldn't want what they were watching to die instantly.  Zanzetkuken mentally reviewed his skills, but he didn't like what he remembered.  He had some basic skill in farming and carpentry, but he was what would be described as rusty in those skills.  He could design a variety of things, but not practically build them himself.  He did know some things about accounting, so he could work as a broker, but his lack of ability to speak to strangers would require someone else to be the negotiator.  He had sparred a few times, but nothing that would give him any skill, but he did know a couple things about mechanics, so that might help him some day.  He had a somewhat good understanding of catching fish, but didn't know how to clean the fish properly.  When he finished this list, he decided to help out those up at the cave, for now.  He absentmindedly wondered if the physics were the same here as seen in Dwarf Fortress.  Hopefully the invaders were unable to dig their way in...but what if that was in the new update?  At this thought, Zanzetkuken suppressed a mild shudder, and asked those down in the cave, he spoke to those digging "Where do you want the rocks moved to?" when he noticed that they were piling up everywhere, rather than how they piled every few tiles like what happened in game.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:06:07 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2013, 11:56:20 am »

continue being a hauler until a hospital is built.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2013, 03:15:39 pm »

go over and hug GWG "at least we will have some sanity here by the way if you get cut up I'll fix you up for the cost of not trying to kill me and owing me favors"
"...Thanks? Yeah, I'm probably going to be staying away from y'all. No offense, but it is not uncommon for your corridors to include perilously high levels of magma..."

*head to the forest, cut down the trees.*
*build a carpenter's workshop and start making wooden planks*
*when done, take wooden planks sand build a trade depot near the fortress*
Hey GWG can I stay with you? *helps build GWGs house and if GWG dosent want me to live in the same house build a new house nearby*
"Sure, come along and haul this--GAH! Why hello there...Khan? More a Klingon name than Elvish, but greetings. Um, sorry about the tree, but...um...ugh. Hey, K-double-H, mind hauling this wood to a--hey, actually, want to chop wood? I'll do the hauling and carpentry--starting with blocks, of course. I think I have about enough for a trade depot...oh, and let me know if the elf comes back."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16