Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: (ISG) Derelict Dreams (SHUT DOWN DUE TO STUPID)  (Read 16671 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Derelict Dreams
« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2013, 11:31:36 pm »

((Kudos Dex, that was a very impressive way to take care of all the chat ^^

As always, loving your work :P))

Lucky people...getting seen by her.

I believe we must now focus on better things than internal squabbling -- we can do that when she's in danger than waste her peacetime with our rambling.

First, basic needs.

> We have a lead we can use - that goblin-folk thing. I'm pretty sure you all mean well, but I believe we should be sincere with the lil'guy. Exile...is not a thing to just step over and discard. C'mon y'all, let's be meaningful friends for once.

...Despite it trying to harm us. NO harm was done, eh?

Next, I think we should start...trying to get that thing out from whatever...we did to it. Looks pretty much an automaton.

> ...Let's just focus on where we're at, and what we'd do to move out from this area. No squabbling please?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2013, 11:57:50 pm »

I believe we must now focus on better things than internal squabbling -- we can do that when she's in danger than waste her peacetime with our rambling.

First, basic needs.

> We have a lead we can use - that goblin-folk thing. I'm pretty sure you all mean well, but I believe we should be sincere with the lil'guy. Exile...is not a thing to just step over and discard. C'mon y'all, let's be meaningful friends for once.

Next, I think we should start...trying to get that thing out from whatever...we did to it. Looks pretty much an automaton.

> ...Let's just focus on where we're at, and what we'd do to move out from this area. No squabbling please?
FINE, BUT AT THE FIRST SIGN OF BETRYAL WE BASH THEIR BRAINS IN WITH A LARGE AND HEAVY OBJECT!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2013, 12:06:24 am »

First, basic needs.

I agree with this. It sounds reasonable.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2013, 04:19:55 am »

First, basic needs.

I agree with this. It sounds reasonable.

+1
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2013, 05:51:48 am »

[Diana]: It would be a good idea to check if you're ok

[Diana]: Slow down, take a deep breath, and maybe grab a snack.

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2013, 05:54:05 am »

Eating that sandwich is a bad idea, it can be used as a bait or a bribe later. Looking for a noble red steed is a much better one. So do that.

Oooh, I just noticed the lock filling up with the colours of the speakers. That's a nifty little detail, Dex. :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:46:52 am by Dariush »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2013, 06:28:05 am »

"> Be Spades Slick"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2013, 06:35:52 am »

I don't think some people understand what doing the lock and quote thing actually does. It actually makes her speak in place for you. It doesn't directly let you talk to her, but for her.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2013, 06:43:00 am »

"> Be Spades Slick"
Are you intentionally trying to sabotage everything or are you simply miserably failing to read what Dex said and observe the consequences of speaking in-lock? :-/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:45:26 am by Dariush »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2013, 06:46:29 am »

Also I don't suppose we can all stop being retarded? This is like the third time now.

Stop using the damn lock, theres no point. Colored text does NOTHING either. THERE IS NO 'IN CHARACTER' FOR YOU UNTIL YOU USE THE LOCK and THAT'S only when we're speaking to SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE MAIN CHARACTER cause SHE CAN'T REMEMBER SHIT.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2013, 07:12:40 am »

Also I don't suppose we can all stop being retarded? This is like the third time now.

Stop using the damn lock, theres no point. Colored text does NOTHING either. THERE IS NO 'IN CHARACTER' FOR YOU UNTIL YOU USE THE LOCK and THAT'S only when we're speaking to SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE MAIN CHARACTER cause SHE CAN'T REMEMBER SHIT.

I argue that colored text genuinely does something, as you can simply say '   'Hey! Red!'   ' rather than looking up and memorizing mcclay's name, which takes longer. As to the in-character, I find that it gets me more invested in the story as opposed to distant and not paying much attention, like in WoOtA.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2013, 07:37:00 am »

I argue that you should at least add something to the conversation at hand rather than use colored text to explain in out-of-game chatter.

On that note, don't finish the sandwich, just relish the few bites you've got from it. Much better that way too.

Though I say, let's get that wooden...D:< face over there, from the scraps of junk, just in case we may need wood for later? That, and preferably going off to check where our minion went. The blackish one-

Wait, remember that area where we met Mr.Goblin-board-rock sir? There was a southern passage from that area. I'm proposing we check that out since...

Hey, no helicopter.

Anyway. There were posters advertising food, and some sign about a waste disposal plant. Your peripheral vision is very acute, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:41:58 am by Tiruin »

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2013, 07:56:13 am »

>Wipe blood with bread, proceed to consume sandwich. A little blood won't hurt, and it's your own. Besides, that sandwich could probably use the flavor and you probably... uh... can't afford to... lose nutrients from your blood by bleeding it away. Yeah, that. As a bonus, you won't have blood caked on your face, nor will you have to get your clothes dirty or end up wiping it off with something filthy. If you're willing to put this in your mouth, then why not your face?

>Go back to the poster and retrieve your knife.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2013, 08:20:47 am »

>Wipe blood with bread, proceed to consume sandwich. A little blood won't hurt, and it's your own. Besides, that sandwich could probably use the flavor and you probably... uh... can't afford to... lose nutrients from your blood by bleeding it away. Yeah, that. As a bonus, you won't have blood caked on your face, nor will you have to get your clothes dirty or end up wiping it off with something filthy. If you're willing to put this in your mouth, then why not your face?

>Go back to the poster and retrieve your knife.

(Goddamnit people these days. I did put an abbr= to indicate I was joking. Sheesh.)

Also, the quote. +1

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2013, 08:25:01 am »

"Hey, wait robot thing! Come back!"

Hehehe! It feels kind of weird speaking for someone else! And yeah, we should probably retrieve that board. Never know when you'll need a plank of wood, I always say.

Get the board.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19