Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: (ISG) Derelict Dreams (SHUT DOWN DUE TO STUPID)  (Read 16695 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Derelict Dreams
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2013, 06:52:31 pm »

Okay, I'm just going to wait until the GM says officially whether or not it's cool to use the voices. I mean, I don't even know the context here, I'm just going by the idea that he did that whole voidlord thing in order not to break the flow of it. Sorry for causing this argument, but this happened before and I'm very sure that the GM wasn't to blame.

Burkhart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2013, 07:25:24 pm »

Well, I think I'm going to officially count out of the talking, as I realize that this is of a breed of player actions that is the cause of a few other MSPA deaths.

Seriously, as players, we should stop playing this kinda stuff. It just ends up frustrating most GMs. The GM here presented the slap-down in an interesting fashion, but that ended up intriguing us more then anything. So, we should probably stop this because it's just not healthy for a suggestion game. And this is a really neat game.
Fniff, chill the fuck out. It's just a game. Hell, we're not even derailing it. I think the GM meant to intrest us. Also good look up Do Not Trust the Rainbow Snail, thats what we're kind of doing.

The slap down was meant as a "stop being stupid." What you're doing is taking an aspect of giving suggestions and running off completely with it. You're RPing in something where suggestions are the status quo. We're nothing but voices, Hence why our collective title is "Voice Lords." We don't have any direct power. None of us can burn anything. You aren't some eldrich abomination. You're just a voice. As for Fniff's example, yes, too many bad suggestions can ruin an adventure like this, especially when the author gives out a (in this case literal) slap across the face in a humorous manner and no one gets the freaking hint. It's fine to poke and prod a bit, but don't (metaphorically) hold your hands to your chest, screech and stomp around calling yourself something great and terrible. It ruins the experience for the rest of us.
[/OOC ranting]

Maybe you should drop that rock and get your knife back. That sounds like a good plan.

Sir Moops

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2013, 07:55:09 pm »

Give the goblin some positive reinforcement. He looks a little terrified and everyone could use a little thumbs up every once in a while.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2013, 07:58:11 pm »

Give the goblin some positive reinforcement. He looks a little terrified and everyone could use a little thumbs up every once in a while.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2013, 12:04:23 am »

((I think you huys should stop with the colored text, it's hard to read.))

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2013, 12:11:05 am »

Hey, I have an idea. How bout we all shut up until the GM tells us what he wants.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2013, 12:41:38 am »

Hey, I have an idea. How bout we all shut up until the GM tells us what he wants.
((Dude, calm yourself. No need to get all defensive. FZ was just making a reasonable little suggestion. Jeez.))
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Can't you hear the beating?
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2013, 11:56:39 am »

[Diana]: Steal its helmet.

[Diana]: Please, check on the grimeborn!

[Diana]: Ask the goblin if it knows any other hobos around. Reliable sorts.

[Diana]: Give the goblin some positive reinforcement.

[Voice Lords]: Talk too much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2013, 12:08:50 pm »

It would be a good idea to check if i'm ok, seizures have some nasty side effects after all.
come to think of it, lets check on that snacker too, it could be useful.

((if someone else gets a really good idea, but are too slow to make it in before the lock, mention it anyway. i or someone else that was fast enough can edit their post to get it in for you.

also, how hard is it to only post ONCE between game updates? seriously. *sigh*))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:16:00 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2013, 12:31:54 pm »

"Apologies. I did not wish to cause a fuss. Girl, stand up, look up at the sky to see if that helicopter is still around."

(By the way, what a clever idea. I must steal that. Anyway, throwing my formerly taken hat back into the ring because to be honest, I like the character. Color me a hypocrite, eh?)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:33:49 pm by Fniff »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2013, 12:38:39 pm »

PAH, SHE IS WEAK! I WILL MAKE HER STRONG! WE MUST CONQUER THESE LANDS FOR THE GLORY OF CHAOS!
"GIRL, SEARCH FOR A GOOD WEAPON. INFACT YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR MINION DO IT."
((Question, can my voicelord avatar be changed to the symbol of Chaos?))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:04:50 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2013, 12:43:36 pm »

It would be a good idea to check if i'm ok, seizures have some nasty side effects after all.
come to think of it, lets check on that snacker too, it could be useful.

((if someone else gets a really good idea, but are too slow to make it in before the lock, mention it anyway. i or someone else that was fast enough can edit their post to get it in for you.

also, how hard is it to only post ONCE between game updates? seriously. *sigh*))

((I don't think it's only the first four suggestions, I think it's only the first four dialogues. Like, what people are actually saying which was the problem in the first place.))

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2013, 12:52:01 pm »

((FFS is right. It is dialogue like this: "Hello, let's stab some cacti" that only four of can be made. You can talk to your heart's content with each other, as long as you do not use "the lock".))

((This is pretty much precisely what the update itself said.))

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

If you enjoy my work, please view my website and also consider clicking the Patreon button! You might even be interested enough to pay me a little so I can keep living!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2013, 01:17:45 pm »

((So basically, this is now Derelict Dreams Let's Screw Over Everyone Who Doesn't Live In The Same Timezone As The Mod Edition?

Also, y I have no voicelord avataaaar. :())

Dexexe1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dexworks
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2013, 01:21:10 pm »

((I actually try to update when the forum is most crowded, which is my night, but okay, sure, sorry that I always do things worse than they should be done. I am sorry I ruined everything again.))

Dexworks
Dexworks.net IRC channel

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19