Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Prosperous West. Leadership Conference.  (Read 2752 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Prosperous West. Leadership Conference.
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2013, 12:41:12 pm »

This is getting funny.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 12:41:57 pm »

Approaching slowly one of the guards bows before the group nervously then looks up revealing the freckled face of a 17 year old.

" If I may I believe there are things you need to know about Mr Hunt, my brother serves in one of his regiments and told me a story about him some time ago. "

The guard then bowed his head nervously again and waited for instructions.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 12:45:01 pm »

"A story, you say? What would this story entail?"

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 12:46:59 pm »

" It may help you to understand his slightly manic desire to kill the Union and to defend his people, and yes if what my brother says is true he is completely serious about that. "

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 12:48:09 pm »

"Very well. Speak, young man. After all, it is his utter seriousness on the matter that disturbs me the most."

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 12:55:44 pm »

" To be short.
Some years ago before he began his business his family lived on a farm, some union soldiers raped his sisters then burned down the farm with him and his family inside, he was hurt trying to stop them and was then the only one to make it out of the fire.

Since then he's become almost fanatical about destroying the Union but he is fanatical to an insane degree about preventing them from doing any harm again, which is part of why he went on a crusade to drive them from this land and is probably why he's so determined to build a strong army now.

His attitude about it is wrong but I can understand his reasons, if I hadn't already taken an oath to the nation I would probably join him, wrong or not his goal is to protect the nation from the Union.

The real danger is nobody has any idea how far he'll go in destroying the Union and my brother is worried he will kill more then just the soldiers.
"
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:00:55 pm by Brood »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 01:08:16 pm »

"He is right to be worried, as Mr. Hunt sounds like he is motivated by blind revenge if that story is true, and such a path can bring only suffering to all. According to that story, he seems inclined to blame the many for the actions of the very few. Though it does seem a bit shaky - what possible motivation could the soldiers have had to do such a thing? Sheer bloodlust seems unlikely. Plunder, maybe? But why would they plunder their own territory? It's highly suspicious, I have to say."

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 01:14:00 pm »

" It wouldn't be the first time criminals escaped into the army to evade justice, I know of a few in my own regiment.
You can give any name you want when you join and once your in the uniform nobody has any way to find you.

Nobody really knows what he is inclined to do, for now his actions have been limited to Union soldiers and even then he didn't make a move until we started our revolt.
For now it seems he's more worried about protecting us then attacking them, but pushing him out is likely to make him worse and his soldiers are loyal to him beyond reason.

It might be worth visiting him and seeing if he has the scars and burns he was supposed to have got in the attack and fire.
"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2013, 01:24:12 pm »

"Oh, I'm sure he'd be delighted to stick his disfigured body parts in my face to prove his point, but I'm afraid I will have to pass on that. It hardly matters, anyway. His soldiers, if they are as loyal as you say, would probably not particularly care either way. But I ramble. You are free, young man. Thank you for indulging my curiosity."

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2013, 01:27:32 pm »

Bowing again the guard returned to his position by the door without a word.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 02:08:04 am »

Miss Enderby, I have no thoughts on our government, I am an artisan and a glorified clerk.
Even with proposals for an elected government, with the hunter in our den I'd expect some heavy gerrymandering.
I suppose we could have a 'emergency council' until our place is secured. Essentially have all of us conspirators take up official positions within the government and vote among us our figurehead, until such time as to when we can afford the luxury of statewide voting.
I will of course apply for the position of the Secretary of Defence or Minister of Foreign Affairs.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 11:07:45 am »

"I believe that is a great idea, and hope the government takes well to our 'support'." 

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 04:50:37 pm »

((Sorry for being gone for a long time, stuff came up. Do you guys wish for me to write up a turn or do you guys want me to run a new game with a new story and system?))

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 05:13:28 pm »

I'll go with whichever the others decide.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2013, 05:14:44 pm »

Depends on what the new game is.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4