Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: On the new multi-tile trees (Discussion heading towards weaponization)  (Read 4892 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: On the new multi-tile trees (puns already exausted)
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 07:30:41 pm »

I wonder if it's possible to trap a creature in a room, have a tree growing under a hatch cover which you then open and then grow to the point they're crushed against the ceiling.

This is highly unlikely but would be a great source of noble entertainment.
You, sir, have just invented a way to encase things in logs!

Now we have to figure a way to do this to the next elven caravan, make the logs into elf statues, and then try to sell them back!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 08:37:09 pm »

Poor saps, the update hasn't even come around and you're thinking of petrifying them in wood.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 08:45:26 pm »

Poor saps, the update hasn't even come around and you're thinking of petrifying them in wood.

It's Bay12, what did you expect?

Anyway, if we can encase things in logs, the easiest way would be to wall of a 2x2 tree and chop down only one tile, then put there the victim and wait. Instead of making the elves into wooden statues, it would be better to make the logs into ballista arrows and then fire them at the next caravan.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I plan on answering a question that has plagued me since my first baron.  If a tree falls on an elven diplomat and no one is around to see, is it still freaking hilarious?
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile

Well, it's not like toady can de-value elves any more than we have ourselves-he's have to make them tougher, smarter, and hungrier than a husk to make things interesting. So yes, poetic insults all around.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I plan on answering a question that has plagued me since my first baron.  If a tree falls on an elven diplomat and no one is around to see, is it still freaking hilarious?

I'd laugh at an unexplained elf skeleton in the same tlle as a log next to a broken-off trunk and root.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile

Dafuq? Thread derailed by puns, then.. re-railed?

You guys have changed.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Dafuq? Thread derailed by puns, then.. re-railed?

You guys have changed.
I'm stumped.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I seed what you did there.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

In any case I'm sycamore of all these tree puns :|

SRD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel like just copying all the puns from the other thread, but I'd rather branch out and find other ones.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Thread doesn't have any other knots in it besides the splintering puns. I wouldn't count my rings just yet. My green thumb indicates that this is still a mere sapling.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

There's a very large chance that alder of these puns have been used before in the literal face palm thread.

Speaking of face palms, the first mod we need is a palm tree that bears fruit in the form of coconuts with faces on them. Admired for it's puns.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

YOU PUT THE PUN IN THE COCONUT
AND MIX IT ALL UP

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YOU PUT THE PUN IN THE COCONUT
AND MIX IT ALL UP
that was the last straw, no coconut-themed cocktails for you.
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6