Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 44935 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #285 on: May 10, 2013, 11:20:00 pm »

FTFY = Fixed That For You
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 10, 2013, 11:43:45 pm »

I don't want to be in more than one mafia at a time. I plan on being in the next BM instead. only being here for MYLO isn't enough experience in my opinion. I don't care how experienced I look, reality is this is my only game of forum mafia, ever, I've never played IRC mafia, and the last time i played RL mafia was almost ten years ago, and I literally lost all twelve games I played, both as scum and as town.

You should play.  I think we need more people in order to have an acceptably good game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 10, 2013, 11:50:12 pm »

you should be able to handle 2 games Lenglon, Just don't do three, thats when problems arise. Besides, Mafia never win Toon Mafia! So if your town in it you'll win! (i still feel bad about having to leave Mephs game :( )
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 11, 2013, 12:12:22 am »

>.>
fine
I hope I don't embarrass myself too quickly.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 11, 2013, 12:27:41 am »

Worst case scenario, you end up having to be replaced in one of them. Then you know not to listen to us idiots. ;)
[/quote]

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 11, 2013, 12:39:07 am »

Will make post later, but for now:
Quote from: Deathsword link=topic=124597.msg4235990#msg4235990 date=1368120209
Also, [u
I am a doctor[/u]. Night 1: I protected Nerjin, Night 2: I protected swordsmith, Night 3: I protected Shinigami.
Yes, thanks for clearing that up. Everyone, we have found the scum. I am the actual doctor. Finally I can explain my lurking. Mostly it has been because I felt kinda bad for not protecting griffionday n1  :-\ I was deciding whether to protect him or nerjin, and I thought that the scum would kill the ICs first, knowing full well that there was every possibility that he could be scum. N2 I protected deathsword, although that was a waste of a protect as he is huge scum. N3 I protected shinigami too.
It appears as though deathsword is either incredibly lazy, or just stupid.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 11, 2013, 01:07:13 am »

Or not.  I guess I will post now after all.
Lenglon:
Go home evil Lenglon, you're drunk.  :P
I dont drink.
JOKE
But yeah, I think it's going to be interesting to see what deathsword makes up.
I'm waiting for your next post Deathsword. You're next post will likely decide the turn of this game.
I hope you make us disappointed so that we can lynch you already...
FTFY
dont do this, ever. It does not help your case whatsoever
JOKE
Now then, regarding borno. first of all there's the obvious lack of interest and lack of scumhunting. I can't emphasize this enough, with the stunt he pulled on day 2, he should have been the subject of a policy-lynch before we reached MYLO.
Come on man. This whole day I've been trying to make up for my major lurking day 2, yet you still say I have a lack of interest and scumhunting. And then you say that you should have policy-lynched me before MYLO, but here you are, doing it anyway at MYLO.
secondly there is the WIFOM situation. As i explained last night, the direct style of the person doing the nightkills matches up with the mindset of borno far better than it does for deathsword. deathsword wouldn't be so predictable in choosing nightkill targets. now then, a good counterpoint to this is the hidden presence of Tiruin as the scum IC. however as shown by last night's triple-post, borno isn't actually paying attention to Tiruin's advice, or even giving her a proper chance to help him with his difficult situation.
You wanna know something ICs say all the time, and I myself has also said? Don't analyse night-kills. All they are is WIFOM fuel. And And yeah, that's true, I'm not listening to tiruin's advice. This is because I'm a doctor and don't have access to scum-chat. Seriously, why am I suddenly confirmed scum now that Deathsword has claimed doctor? You had some good points on him before, why did you drop them?
third, i would like to point out this quote here:
Lenglon: Seems pretty towny to me. He's a barrel full 'o' activeness, and I like that. Doing well so far in terms of scumhunting too
this was not well thought out, at all. My inital posts attacking deathsword was full of weak cases, and I even contradicted myself a couple times. my entire purpose with those attacks were to apply pressure, and I wasn't actually trying to present a lynch case so much as test for attitudes and reactions. However from his perspective and Deathsword's, I should have looked a little scummy for such a poorly-thought-out case. I was also buddying Shinigami, and gee, the one night we didn't have a nightkill was when I replaced in. maybe the scum simply idled their way through the night without doing a nightkill at all, and had to be replaced? Deathsword reacted quite reasonablly, witholding judgement and questioning me, trying to get a read and not taking for granted that activity equals townieness. Borno did not, he simply assumed I must be town.
Doing well in scumhundidn't find no nk scummy because I protected Shini.
btw Borno, my vote up until that triple post was actually just a pressure vote, both when it was on Deathsword and when it was on you. in fact the entire point of this post:
Welp, that was easy. Borno is scum. I'll present the lynch case later tonight when I have my notes with me.

Borno: Thank you for your cooperation.
was to wind you up like a children's toy. considering your triple-post afterwards, I'd say it worked.

now then, when Borno got pressured and wound up, what did he do? he panicked, started namecalling, and called my accusations stupid without addressing them properly.
Actually, I was a bit frustrated because the mafia was right there and you seemed to ignore him completely, dropping your case without a moment's notice. And yeah, I'll admit to panicking. Why? Because you are about to lynch a townie and lose the game for all of us.
what did Deathsword do when pressured? he answered my challenges as best as he was able and kept scumhunting on his own, including questioning me and my tactics that is a towntell, and not a minor one. His null tell on me was just good sense, and demonstrated little self-preservation. if he were scum, and I was a total unknown and new player, wouldn't the "smart" move be to focus on the person that I've already said i'm suspicious of? like borno did to deathsword? look at each of their reactions to my questioning. Borno complimented me, never tried to question me or get a read on me, and attacked deathsword for his supposedly obvious scummyness. Borno wasn't actually scumhunting, he was trying to cause a mislynch on the only other person who looked scummy. His total lack of suspicion for me was a major scumtell, and the entire point of my questioning style was to look for exactly that mistake. I started day 4 planning on attacking deathsword, hard, out of the blue, and then slowly transitioning to borno, and watching how they reacted. Deathsword shifted from reading as minor scum to me to a null tell, and borno shifted from moderate scum to guarenteed scum. that was the entire point of my antics this game, and I'm of the opinion it worked. the person who DIDN'T attack me was the scum.
Me? Mislynching? Look at Deathsword's posts on all the other days. All he's done is go for the easy lynch, except when ranger had screwed up enough to warrant a bus. And personally I prefer to go after one person at a time, who, in this case, was deathsword.
look at borno, right now. he isn't scumhunting, all day, he hasn't been scumhunting, all of day 3, he wasn't scumhunting, all of day 2, he wasn't scumhunting. he put on a show of scumhunting day 1 and never even tried afterwards, confident that the smokescreen he threw up would protect him all game. that is a sign of scum.
I can't believe you have been saying this. Once again I point to a certain sword of death who just makes a few posts every few days to make it look like he's in the game. I, on the other hand, have already found scum, so I don't feel the need to scumhunt any more. And I've said: I felt bad for not protecting grifffionday.

PPE-
FTFY? sorry. My "Lingo" sucks
Fixed That For You.

check the quote text, he modified it to say what he thinks would be a better version of the same thing.
JOKE
Shinigami:
Welp, I don't like deathswords case but hey~ Unvote

Borno~~~ Dum dum DUUUUM. And I am pretty sure I will keeping my vote in place from this point onward so thank you guys. Death, Borno, Lenglon; are you keeping your votes or do you have more to say?
... Amazing. This is your lynching case on me? I applaud your fantastic scumhunting, sir. Just because you're confirmed town doesn't mean you don't have to play the game at all. And death sure is going to keep the vote on without saying anything; he's got you right where =he wants you. Lenglon seems to busy not listening to me to shift his vote, and I know that I sure as hell am going to get Deathsword lynched or die trying.
Also sorry for the double post   ::) I was just going to suggest that both you Borno and you Lenglon take part in Toon mafia VII. Death and I are already taking part. Just an idea.
Nah, I don't exactly feel confident of my abilities yet. Which is probably why I'm in this situation.

By the way, Lenglon, if you could please listen to me, that would be great. Not forcing you or anything; You seem to be pretty happy to not listen to me at all.

And shinigami, please provide your reasons for lynching me, before I really get mad.

Also, EXTEND.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2013, 01:11:35 am »

I'm taking the time to read it, but like i said, i have a scum-read on you, and a null-read on deathsword. please, make a case on him, thanks.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 11, 2013, 01:12:37 am »

Against-Extend
it's already on tuesday, we've got more than enough time left, this is a waste.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2013, 01:58:17 am »

I'm taking the time to read it, but like i said, i have a scum-read on you, and a null-read on deathsword. please, make a case on him, thanks.
So you're opposing my extension even though you haven't read my cases? Wow. And in case you haven't noticed, I have already made a few cases on him, which you seem to have neglected to read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 11, 2013, 02:45:00 am »

So you're opposing my extension even though you haven't read my cases? Wow. And in case you haven't noticed, I have already made a few cases on him, which you seem to have neglected to read.
I have read every post in this thread beyond page three, most of them several times. this includes your most recent ones.
Just because I read what you are saying doesn't mean I agree with it, and to be frank, you aren't making much sense right now. you need to calm down and organize yourself. sit down, re-read the thread all the way from day 1, and take notes. you know who is scum now, start writing down every tell he makes, all his patterns, try to get into his head, why did he vote _____, why did he ask this question, etc. make sure to include what he DOESN'T do to, sometimes that can be more telling that what he does do. like right now how Deathsword still hasn't answered a couple of my questions, nor presented his promised lynch case, and i'm getting really annoyed about it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 11, 2013, 06:09:51 am »

I don't want to be in more than one mafia at a time. I plan on being in the next BM instead. only being here for MYLO isn't enough experience in my opinion. I don't care how experienced I look, reality is this is my only game of forum mafia, ever, I've never played IRC mafia, and the last time i played RL mafia was almost ten years ago, and I literally lost all twelve games I played, both as scum and as town.

You should play.  I think we need more people in order to have an acceptably good game.
^
What she said. My first game? I was a replacement in Think0028's BM, nearing LYLO I think. My first vote? Scared the [PROFANITY] out of me...despite how trivial it looks to you people. As in, imagine a time wherein you're sweaty (cold or not, I don't remember) and all alert because of the reason on 'what just happened and what did I do.'

So yeah. You could still play here, and finish this--get some xp, and level up ;P That was my first time in any Mafia btw...See me panic!

*Tiruin returns to the shadows.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 11, 2013, 06:34:49 pm »

Borno- I have been presenting minor attacks on everyone (excluding myself because that would be stupid) throughout my time on this forum. Don't go saying I don't have cases. If I really wanted to I could string together a large number of quotes from you without even saying a word and it would be enough for a lynch case. Lenglon has said anything that needs to be said so if I commented you would attack me, who you know isn't scum, for bandwaggoning on Lenglon. I am happy that you are finally posting but the biggest problem I have with your posts are the fact that they are all defending yourself and attacking the townies, Lenglon and myself.
I have read every post in this thread beyond page three, most of them several times. this includes your most recent ones.
Just because I read what you are saying doesn't mean I agree with it, and to be frank, you aren't making much sense right now. you need to calm down and organize yourself. sit down, re-read the thread all the way from day 1, and take notes. you know who is scum now, start writing down every tell he makes, all his patterns, try to get into his head, why did he vote _____, why did he ask this question, etc. make sure to include what he DOESN'T do to, sometimes that can be more telling that what he does do. like right now how Deathsword still hasn't answered a couple of my questions, nor presented his promised lynch case, and i'm getting really annoyed about it.

She says what I feel. Attack Deathsword! I have openly said that I find death scummy. You are just doing a much better job at making us think you are scum.

Borno- Why are you attacking us?
Why are you not attacking Deathsword anymore than just pointing a finger?

Instead of Fighting and spitting at us; to defend yourself use one strong case and thats all I ask. The rest of your time put into this game should involve making strong cases against Death.

Deathsword- Where are you? You think the game is over now? It isn't, get back here!!!

Against extend- You have more than enough time. Now put on your thinking cap and put that time to good use!
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 11, 2013, 06:40:02 pm »

((Shinigami: Weekends count as zero time as most people are busy during them. The day ends tuesday afternoon so there is plenty of time for a response to be made still.))
[/quote]

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2013, 06:50:31 pm »

I know that you D-U-M-B. But the lach of substance leaves a poor taste in my mouth. Especially at this detrimental point of the game. Don't try to invade this thread cado... I know where you live~
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24