Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 44895 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #270 on: May 10, 2013, 01:58:54 am »

Ninja'd be Lenglon.
Lenglon:
In this case, we DO know which cup. look at the history of nightkills. each night the kill selection has followed a very simple rule: the person who is the most active scumhunter dies. next, look at borno and deathsword's questions and defenses, not for how valid they are, but for how DIRECT they are. borno has ALWAYS used a direct rebuttal, a direct accusation, or otherwise always taken direct action. now look at deathsword's patterns. deathsword is nowhere near as direct in his responses. he often says stuff that could be summarized as "true, but <other side thing> makes it more complicated and not actually meaningful". this is a perfectly valid style, but it doesn't match with the thought process used by the person selecting the nightkill targets.
Wait a moment. You know that being active and direct are two different things, right? As you say, I am direct, but not at all active, which is why I have survived so far.
WIFOM is always a very dangerous thing to base your arguments on, but when you start focusing on the scum's interactions with people that's pretty much always what you get. If you still think Deathsword is the scum and want to keep using WIFOM arguments, please show how deathsword's thought patterns match with the nightkills and with Ranger's final acts. in this case you are not looking for scumtells, but for how many moves ahead he would plan if this were a game of chess, and how many moves ahead he thinks his opponents would be planning if this were a game of chess.
No, you should never base arguments on WIFOM. It's unreliable and scummy. And that thing about RangerCado is WIFOM too. I've explained why in my earlier post.

Really, the game's in Lenglon and Shinigami_King's hands now. We have to rely on them not to recreate that BM IV I mentioned earlier  :P

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 10, 2013, 02:24:10 am »

Lenglon's Evil side is happy. She has enjoyed playing with someone's life today. She has glorified in control of life and death. She has had a fine Maniacal Laugh today. She has been recently chided by Lenglon's Good side. She has complained to Shinigami lately. She has had a Plotting Session recently. She is tired. She has been accosted by foul vermin. She has been exposed to the elements recently. She took joy in slaughter lately. She admired a fine Torture Chamber recently. She enjoyed a fine meal recently. She confused a plaything recently. She annoyed a plaything recently.

an evil creature, intimately tied to a matching good creature, usefull in combat, high stress, and games of Mafia.

:P

((i DO normally keep the evil side locked up, but... well, just so you know, the average person's blood actually tastes quite salty.))

waiting on Deathsword

i'll see about getting that lynch case properly posted sometime when i'm not half-asleep. i'm really sorry for the horrible formatting of the thing. for now just ignore the part about Rangercaddo's vote to lynch deathsword. that particular piece of WIFOM is a weak argument that would take almost three paragraphs to properly explain.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 10, 2013, 07:21:34 am »

Go home evil Lenglon, you're drunk.  :P

But yeah, I think it's going to be interesting to see what deathsword makes up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 10, 2013, 08:18:45 am »

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 10, 2013, 11:16:59 am »

I'm waiting for your next post Deathsword. You're next post will likely decide the turn of this game.
I hope you make us proud...

Lenglon's Evil side is happy. She has enjoyed playing with someone's life today. She has glorified in control of life and death. She has had a fine Maniacal Laugh today. She has been recently chided by Lenglon's Good side. She has complained to Shinigami lately. She has had a Plotting Session recently. She is tired. She has been accosted by foul vermin. She has been exposed to the elements recently. She took joy in slaughter lately. She admired a fine Torture Chamber recently. She enjoyed a fine meal recently. She confused a plaything recently. She annoyed a plaything recently.

an evil creature, intimately tied to a matching good creature, usefull in combat, high stress, and games of Mafia.
This is just the best~
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 10, 2013, 01:56:52 pm »

My next post will have to wait until tonight, I'll be busy for the next hours.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 10, 2013, 08:30:14 pm »

I'm waiting for your next post Deathsword. You're next post will likely decide the turn of this game.
I hope you make us disappointed so that we can lynch you already...
FTFY

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 10, 2013, 09:59:20 pm »

FTFY? sorry. My "Lingo" sucks
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 10, 2013, 10:01:25 pm »

Go home evil Lenglon, you're drunk.  :P
I dont drink.
But yeah, I think it's going to be interesting to see what deathsword makes up.
I hope you make us disappointed so that we can lynch you already...
FTFY
dont do this, ever. It does not help your case whatsoever

Now then, regarding borno. first of all there's the obvious lack of interest and lack of scumhunting. I can't emphasize this enough, with the stunt he pulled on day 2, he should have been the subject of a policy-lynch before we reached MYLO.

secondly there is the WIFOM situation. As i explained last night, the direct style of the person doing the nightkills matches up with the mindset of borno far better than it does for deathsword. deathsword wouldn't be so predictable in choosing nightkill targets. now then, a good counterpoint to this is the hidden presence of Tiruin as the scum IC. however as shown by last night's triple-post, borno isn't actually paying attention to Tiruin's advice, or even giving her a proper chance to help him with his difficult situation.

third, i would like to point out this quote here:
Lenglon: Seems pretty towny to me. He's a barrel full 'o' activeness, and I like that. Doing well so far in terms of scumhunting too
this was not well thought out, at all. My inital posts attacking deathsword was full of weak cases, and I even contradicted myself a couple times. my entire purpose with those attacks were to apply pressure, and I wasn't actually trying to present a lynch case so much as test for attitudes and reactions. However from his perspective and Deathsword's, I should have looked a little scummy for such a poorly-thought-out case. I was also buddying Shinigami, and gee, the one night we didn't have a nightkill was when I replaced in. maybe the scum simply idled their way through the night without doing a nightkill at all, and had to be replaced? Deathsword reacted quite reasonablly, witholding judgement and questioning me, trying to get a read and not taking for granted that activity equals townieness. Borno did not, he simply assumed I must be town.

btw Borno, my vote up until that triple post was actually just a pressure vote, both when it was on Deathsword and when it was on you. in fact the entire point of this post:
Welp, that was easy. Borno is scum. I'll present the lynch case later tonight when I have my notes with me.

Borno: Thank you for your cooperation.
was to wind you up like a children's toy. considering your triple-post afterwards, I'd say it worked.

now then, when Borno got pressured and wound up, what did he do? he panicked, started namecalling, and called my accusations stupid without addressing them properly.

what did Deathsword do when pressured? he answered my challenges as best as he was able and kept scumhunting on his own, including questioning me and my tactics that is a towntell, and not a minor one. His null tell on me was just good sense, and demonstrated little self-preservation. if he were scum, and I was a total unknown and new player, wouldn't the "smart" move be to focus on the person that I've already said i'm suspicious of? like borno did to deathsword? look at each of their reactions to my questioning. Borno complimented me, never tried to question me or get a read on me, and attacked deathsword for his supposedly obvious scummyness. Borno wasn't actually scumhunting, he was trying to cause a mislynch on the only other person who looked scummy. His total lack of suspicion for me was a major scumtell, and the entire point of my questioning style was to look for exactly that mistake. I started day 4 planning on attacking deathsword, hard, out of the blue, and then slowly transitioning to borno, and watching how they reacted. Deathsword shifted from reading as minor scum to me to a null tell, and borno shifted from moderate scum to guarenteed scum. that was the entire point of my antics this game, and I'm of the opinion it worked. the person who DIDN'T attack me was the scum.

look at borno, right now. he isn't scumhunting, all day, he hasn't been scumhunting, all of day 3, he wasn't scumhunting, all of day 2, he wasn't scumhunting. he put on a show of scumhunting day 1 and never even tried afterwards, confident that the smokescreen he threw up would protect him all game. that is a sign of scum.

look at deathsword's reaction to my presence, he doesn't magically trust me despite having no time to get a read for me, and me attacking seemingly at random without rhyme or reason. That is a sign of town.

The above is my case for why Borno is the scum and must die.

PPE-
FTFY? sorry. My "Lingo" sucks
Fixed That For You.

check the quote text, he modified it to say what he thinks would be a better version of the same thing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 10, 2013, 10:13:24 pm »

Extremely tired, but I said I would post.

About the argument that my posts contain little text: I am rather minimalistic. I like to condense all my thought into as little text as possible. Look at any game I've been in. Any at all. Try to find a wall of text made by me. Quotes don't count.

Borno, you claim to be the "real" doctor, yet all you did was say I am lying and scum and you are the real deal. Look at my claim. I provided all my actions. Did you? No. I guess you might now, but if I hadn't said anything about this, you would never ever have said anything about your "actions".
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 10, 2013, 10:23:19 pm »

Borno, you claim to be the "real" doctor, yet all you did was say I am lying and scum and you are the real deal. Look at my claim. I provided all my actions. Did you? No. I guess you might now, but if I hadn't said anything about this, you would never ever have said anything about your "actions".
I felt kinda bad for not protecting griffionday n1  :-\ I was deciding whether to protect him or nerjin, and I thought that the scum would kill the ICs first, knowing full well that there was every possibility that he could be scum. N2 I protected deathsword, although that was a waste of a protect as he is huge scum. N3 I protected shinigami too.
he did actually

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 10, 2013, 10:39:19 pm »

Welp, I don't like deathswords case but hey~ Unvote

Borno~~~ Dum dum DUUUUM. And I am pretty sure I will keeping my vote in place from this point onward so thank you guys. Death, Borno, Lenglon; are you keeping your votes or do you have more to say?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 10, 2013, 10:42:12 pm »

I've said my piece, but i'm open to change. I dont expect it to happen, but it's possible.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 10, 2013, 10:42:33 pm »

Also sorry for the double post   ::) I was just going to suggest that both you Borno and you Lenglon take part in Toon mafia VII. Death and I are already taking part. Just an idea.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 10, 2013, 11:02:50 pm »

I don't want to be in more than one mafia at a time. I plan on being in the next BM instead. only being here for MYLO isn't enough experience in my opinion. I don't care how experienced I look, reality is this is my only game of forum mafia, ever, I've never played IRC mafia, and the last time i played RL mafia was almost ten years ago, and I literally lost all twelve games I played, both as scum and as town.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24