Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)  (Read 44828 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #315 on: May 14, 2013, 02:27:16 am »

Deathsword:
Death sword- What are your opinions on what the motives might be for Okami to be killed. Would you have made the same move?
Also congratulations on killing one of the scum. What made you decide to vote on him?
My reasons to voting Ranger were stated alongside my vote. He performed actions considered scummy, thus leading to his lynch. As for Okami, it is impossible to know why the scum killed someone (unless you are scum, of course). That ways lies WIFOM. And would I have taken out Okami? Were I scum, probably. I would have taken him out earlier than this, however.
In this chapter, Deathsword congratulates everyone on killing his scumbuddy! He tells people that they have to stay alert so that they can catch him! He says that analysing night kills leads to WIFOM, as I have said myself earlier! Regardless, he tells everyone that he probably isn't mafia due to the time of the NK! He then tries to kill off another lurker! Must be fond of LAL! Then he expresses double standards by telling us not to lurk, even though he lurks himself!
So it's wrong to reinforce the notion that trying to a analyze night kills leads to WIFOM? I was asked if I'd kill Okami if I was scum. I answered. I would have killed him, but far earlier. I never said anything about time. Your attempts at word-twisting fail.
Uh... yes you did. Even in your sentence right then. I'll bold it for you.
Let me put the situation in simple terms so it can not be misunderstood or twisted: I was asked if, were I scum, I would have killed Okami night 2 as had just happened. I answered that, if I was mafia, I would have killed him night 1. Just that. A question was asked. A question was answered.

Also fixed the quote order.

Also, scum are the ones that tend to get desperate when things don't go their way, just so you know.
Hmm. I guess why it didn't make much sense to me is that I know that you are Mafia I guess. Sorry.
And I'd much prefer to be desperate and manage to find some tells in you than be idle and not get any tells at all. I think I'll call it Bellicose Scumhunting.

Anywho, this will probably be the last post before day end. I won't be able to answer any questions directed to me anymore.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Full)
« Reply #316 on: May 14, 2013, 05:41:06 pm »

As the final votes are cast, Borno is dragged off into the cave. A quick blow with a rock, and he goes down. You frantically search his body and find something. A medical kit.
Borno has been lynched! He was a doctor!

Deathsword sneers. As the remain two turn to him he hurls a rock at Shinigami's head. Bringing him to the ground. He closes in on Lenglon, and you know that the saboteurs have won.

Scum Team
has won the game! The scum where Deathsword: A Saboteur (Normal Mafia), and RangerCado: A Sneaky Saboteur (Roleblocker)
Borno was a doctor!

Link to Mafia Chatter.
Link to Deadchat.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM XL: Miner's Mafia (Scumteam Wins!)
« Reply #317 on: May 14, 2013, 05:43:21 pm »

:D

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 14, 2013, 05:48:01 pm »

Fakeclaim succeeds against all expectations.

This was fun.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 14, 2013, 05:55:19 pm »

blast it, my instincts were yelling deathsword, but i logicd them into shutting up.

i need to stop doing that.

also: yet again, attempting to WIFOM accurately doesn't work.

congrats on not falling for the bait deathsword. If you'd left me alone to try to form a bandwagon on borno you were going to be my target. apparently the ruse "whoever thinks I'm not scummy is scum" didn't work as well as planned...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 14, 2013, 06:06:57 pm »

Congratulations Scumteam! :)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2013, 06:47:57 pm »

woo!!!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 14, 2013, 07:52:34 pm »

New scum-tell: if an IC is "teaching" how to act during a critical lynch or playing from a position of an experienced player outside of {}; they are scum and need to die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 14, 2013, 07:56:43 pm »

Wow, we've gotten to a critical lynch!  Time to start lurking and stop giving opinions.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 14, 2013, 08:02:09 pm »

Congrats! I must admit that I had the wool pulled over my eyes as well when it comes to Borno... Turned out he was the doctor. O.o
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 14, 2013, 08:15:46 pm »

Damn it.. I knew it too. I mean BAH- I'm dead
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 14, 2013, 08:16:59 pm »

Don't kid yourself, Griff. The only way to tell who was telling the truth in this instance was gut instinct. The way I could tell was effort. Borno put a lot of effort into his case, and even though it was faulty, you could tell he was genuinely trying. That last part, which Deathsword dismissed as "an emotional appeal" was what sealed the deal for me.

You both ought to have learned a valuable lesson here - listen to your instincts.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 14, 2013, 08:47:47 pm »

New scum-tell: if an IC is "teaching" how to act during a critical lynch or playing from a position of an experienced player outside of {}; they are scum and need to die.
Oh boy, this is me right? What did I do wrong? D:

Damn it.. I knew it too. I mean BAH- I'm dead
Yer alive now, son. You can speak ^^

Don't kid yourself, Griff. The only way to tell who was telling the truth in this instance was gut instinct. The way I could tell was effort. Borno put a lot of effort into his case, and even though it was faulty, you could tell he was genuinely trying. That last part, which Deathsword dismissed as "an emotional appeal" was what sealed the deal for me.

You both ought to have learned a valuable lesson here - listen to your instincts.
What this Captain said.

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 14, 2013, 09:10:22 pm »

Vector, Ford, and Tiruin:

I cede to your knowledge of the game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 14, 2013, 09:17:09 pm »

Well...it isn't a scumtell in the way that there's something you should watch out for--examine every snippet of evidence :P

But I don't know much. I actually know very little of this game.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24