Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I am infamous  (Read 3423 times)

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I am infamous
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 09:44:42 pm »

Nah. I think it's just a mistake to call most adventurers heroes. Most of the time they are unhinged, brutal killers with nothing to live for but killing. They take anything with no regards to custom or ownership. They breeze past scenes of devastation that would drive most insane without a glance. They care not for when a companion lies drowning in a river or dies bisected by a rhino, they curse them for being idiotic.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?
my adventurer isnt part of the "most" though, i always waited for fun to come to me, just like in fortress mode, i mostly play adventure mode to relax and take a break from fortress mode, its just much less management intensive compared to a mature fort.

I see alot of ppl here obtain there fun from pillaging towns and killing innocent civilians and children, well my adventurer isnt gonna be one of those types, because its boring raiding towns when you can solo dragons and bandit camps and basically know you can just Attack-move your way through and everyone goes down. (in less words, its boring, not really fun)

i also avoided killing them early partly because thats my play style, and partly because if i made them hostile then i would have to manually track down bandit camps via discovery, and that would take forever. I remember i did used to kill towns on my early adventurers, but that was for armor, and i didnt know bandits wore many of the same armor as well, and thought townsfolk had much better armor (killing for necessity).

i think adventure mode should have more challenges, kinda like random encounters in skyrim where some thugs randomly show up and try to beat you up if you took an item from someone's house. And not just encountered when fast traveling, normal traveling too.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 08:02:09 am »

Those random encouters can be deadly.

3 bowgoblins + commander with a crossbow

Rest in Pieces, my demigod adventurer ;_;
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 06:26:47 pm »

Nah. I think it's just a mistake to call most adventurers heroes. Most of the time they are unhinged, brutal killers with nothing to live for but killing. They take anything with no regards to custom or ownership. They breeze past scenes of devastation that would drive most insane without a glance. They care not for when a companion lies drowning in a river or dies bisected by a rhino, they curse them for being idiotic.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

This is one of the greatest quotes I've seen in a long time. If it weren't so long it would be an amazing signature.

Cut off everything but the last sentence.
Pages: 1 [2]