Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, I just got into DF modding, I can't seem to get certain syndromes to work  (Read 941 times)

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[CREATURE:BEETLE_CAVE]
   [CREATURE_CLASS:ALL_CREATURES][DESCRIPTION:A rather large flightless beetle with strange dwarven-like features, seems to be a cross between a scorpion and a humanoid, found in damp caverns. It has a NASTY bite and it's chitin is very handy for crafting. Sometimes they are domesticated and used for war]
   [NAME:cave beetle:cave beetles:cave beetle]
   [CASTE_NAME:cave beetle:cave beetles:cave beetle]
   [CREATURE_TILE:249][COLOR:2:0:0]
   [PETVALUE:100][SPEED:2220]
   [COMMON_DOMESTIC][CREATURE_CLASS:PET_HEALING][PET][CREATURE_CLASS:PET_HEALING][TRAINABLE_WAR]
   [CHILD:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:tiny cave beetle:tiny cave beetle]
   [NATURAL][TRANCES][CARNIVORE][EXTRAVISION][MEANDERER][LARGE_ROAMING][FREQUENCY:100][LARGE_PREDATOR]

[BIOME:ANY_LAND][BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
   [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:1]
   [POPULATION_NUMBER:30000:30000]-UBIQUITOUS-
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:3:5]

[LARGE_ROAMING]
   [FREQUENCY:100]
           [MANNERISM_LAUGH]
   [PREFSTRING:shiny chitin]
   [PREFSTRING:sharp fangs]

[SOUND:ALERT:16:2000:VOCALIZATION:buzz:buzzes:a buzzing noise]
   [SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:12:10000:VOCALIZATION:chitter:chitters:quiet chittering]

[MEANDERER]
   [NOPAIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
   [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:6:DODGING:5:MELEE_COMBAT:5:STANCE_STRIKE:5:GRASP_STRIKE:5:SITUATIONAL_AWARENESS:5:]
   [BODY:INSECT:2EYES:2ANTENNAE:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:OUTERBRAIN:BRAIN:SKULL:FACIAL_FEATURES:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_FANGS:MOUTH:RIBCAGE:TAIL:TAIL_STINGER:UPPERBODY_PINCERS]
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_MATERIALS]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:DRAKEBONE_TEMPLATE]
                     [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CHITIN_TISSUES]
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:CHITIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
             [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
                     [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS:BONE:FAT:MUSCLE:CARTILAGE]
      [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
         [TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
      [TENDONS:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:SINEW:200]
      [LIGAMENTS:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:SINEW:200]
      [HAS_NERVES]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:ICHOR:ICHOR_TEMPLATE]
      [BLOOD:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:ICHOR:LIQUID]
      [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
      [GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
      [GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
      [PUS:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:PUS:LIQUID]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:2700]
   [BODY_SIZE:1:0:22000]
           [BODY_SIZE:2:0:43000]
           [BODY_SIZE:3:0:59000]
   [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:102:107]
   [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:105:115:120:145:152:160:185]
   [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:102:107]
   [MAXAGE:51:84]

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:POISON:CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE][MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:20000]
      [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen cave beetle poison]
      [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen cave beetle poison]
      [STATE_NAME:LIQUID:cave beetle poison]
      [STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:cave beetle poison]
      [STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling cave beetle poison]
      [STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling cave beetle poison]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
                     [ENTERS_BLOOD]
                     [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:cave beetle sickness]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:BEETLE_PLAINS:ALL]
         [SYN_INJECTED]
[CE_COUGH_BLOOD:SEV:200:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:1:PEAK:2:END:500]

[CE_NAUSEA:SEV:180:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:2:PEAK:10:END:500]

[CE_DIZZINESS:SEV:170:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:3:PEAK:8:END:1000]

[CE_BLISTERS:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:10:PEAK:50:END:500]

[CE_PAIN:SEV:115:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:1:PEAK:50:END:1200]

[CE_OOZING:SEV:120:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:START:15:PEAK:50:END:500]

[CE_PAIN:SEV:75:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:ALL:START:15:PEAK:200:END:600]

[CE_SWELLING:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:20:PEAK:50:END:1100]

[CE_SWELLING:SEV:66:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:SIZE_DILUTES:START:30:PEAK:90:END:300]

[CE_BRUISING:SEV:66:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:SIZE_DILUTES:START:30:PEAK:90:END:300]

[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
      [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID:100:100]
   [ATTACK:STING:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:STINGER] [ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE] [ATTACK_VERB:sting:stings] [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:5] [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100] [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE] [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN] [SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:POISON:LIQUID:100:100] [ATTACK:PINCER:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:PINCER] [ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE] [ATTACK_VERB:snatch:snatches] [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100] [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100] [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE] [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN] [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH] [ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
           [ALL_ACTIVE]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10067]
   [CASTE:FEMALE]
      [FEMALE] [POP_RATIO:100]
   [CASTE:MALE]
      [MALE] [POP_RATIO:80]
   [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:CHITIN]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BLACK:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:chitin:SINGULAR]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:RED:1:ORANGE:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:CHITIN]
      [MULTIPLY_VALUE:2]

[ALL_ACTIVE]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10067]
   [CASTE:FEMALE]
      [FEMALE] [POP_RATIO:100]
   [CASTE:MALE]
      [MALE] [POP_RATIO:80]
   [SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:CHITIN]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BLACK:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:chitin:SINGULAR]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:RED:1:ORANGE:1]
            [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:CHITIN]
      [MULTIPLY_VALUE:2]

So, my plan is to create a bridge-drop-trap into a deep hole, 7 z levels or so.. Create a lengthly, one tile walk way ALL the way back up, line it with traps to knock the idiots back down.. And chain these little beasties around corners (So archers won't get them) and in crevices along the way.. The localized affects work (Save for the oozing, it seems), the dizziness, vomiting, and coughing blood all work as well.. But I can't get pain (Like, just general pain, non localized) to work, or general swelling.. Or the targeted heart and eyes to work.. So I was wondering if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or what I may be missing?

Also, is there some kind of reference I can go to which explains what affects are applicable to which body parts? Like, can eyes and heart swell/bruise/get pain? Also, I tested it on small animals too.. The rooster and hen didn't get the affects either, nor did the fox.. And before you ask, I waited long enough for each syndrome to kick in (at least 200 turns went by without any sign of the eyes or heart being affected, or a general state of pain/swelling)

Anyway, thanks! Love this game, I never thought I'd mod anything.. Let alone something as complex as this, the community is great :D

Oh. the creature is a pet from masterwork, I just edited the cave beetle pet

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
[CE_SWELLING:SEV:66:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:BP:BY_CATEGORY:HEART:BP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:ALL:SIZE_DILUTES:START:30:PEAK:90:END:300]
I think this needs to be two different things, one for heart and one for eyes. The severity is also so low that you will never see it do much.

So, my plan is to create a bridge-drop-trap into a deep hole, 7 z levels or so.. Create a lengthly, one tile walk way ALL the way back up, line it with traps to knock the idiots back down.. And chain these little beasties around corners (So archers won't get them) and in crevices along the way.. The localized affects work (Save for the oozing, it seems), the dizziness, vomiting, and coughing blood all work as well.. But I can't get pain (Like, just general pain, non localized) to work, or general swelling.. Or the targeted heart and eyes to work.. So I was wondering if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or what I may be missing?

Also, is there some kind of reference I can go to which explains what affects are applicable to which body parts? Like, can eyes and heart swell/bruise/get pain? Also, I tested it on small animals too.. The rooster and hen didn't get the affects either, nor did the fox.. And before you ask, I waited long enough for each syndrome to kick in (at least 200 turns went by without any sign of the eyes or heart being affected, or a general state of pain/swelling)

What parts did you edit, exactly? In any case, you can go to the syndromes page on the wiki, which tells you if things can be localized and helps out a lot with syndromes in general. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Syndrome

Other then that, it is mostly your doubling up. It doesn't work unless it gets into the blood, so it will probably effect the chicken and such, just not 100% of the time, and it is too weak to do much, you will have to kick up the severity to get much noticeable effect.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I got rid of the mandibles, got rid of the original bite attack, added a tail with a stinger, added pincers and added fangs, I also gave it human features, gave it dragon bone, put the bones on the outside (I presume) of the exoskeleton, got rid of it's spray attack, edited it's poison to be injected and have the previously mentioned affects..

Changed the description, didn't change the name (Wasn't sure if BEETLE_CAVE was referencing something or being referenced)..

Gave it a bite attack which injects venom, gave it pincer attacks and I gave it a tail sting venom attack..

Edited it's size, made it about 70-85% bigger (I'd guess, I changed it so many times I don't really remember how big it was originally.. The game said it was "dog-sized")

Changed the height range to make them more tall than anything else.. Edited the age so they last longer.. Made them war trainable.. I also edited many of the tags at the start, like removed "No emotion" and "Flees early" (Or easy, maybe?)

Uh.. I may of done more little things that I don't remember right now.. I'm going to go edit my raws again and see if I can get the affects to work, thanks for the help

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you! That worked perfectly

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
Having multiple targets works just fine as mentioned on the wiki "Multiple targets can be given in one syndrome by placing the BP tokens end to end" (and I should know, since I was the one who tested it :P). My guess would be that the only problem was the SEV being too low, especially when combined with SIZE_DILUTES (which lowers the effects) and RESISTABLE (which means that sometimes it doesn't even trigger).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Having multiple targets works just fine as mentioned on the wiki "Multiple targets can be given in one syndrome by placing the BP tokens end to end" (and I should know, since I was the one who tested it :P). My guess would be that the only problem was the SEV being too low, especially when combined with SIZE_DILUTES (which lowers the effects) and RESISTABLE (which means that sometimes it doesn't even trigger).

Yeah, I noticed some weirdness when I pumped up the sev.. Sometimes it didn't work at all, other times it completely wasted them.. I'm just trying to consider things I haven't thought of yet.

I don't really want to outright kill them, I was thinking of maybe making their hands swell up really bad or something.. Hm, is there a way to target someone's entire face? Like just their facial features, the skin, nose, eyes, mouth and such. (Though I guess I could note them all in the syn, one at a time)