Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Cabal: A Game of Deceit [Round 2][Full]  (Read 9416 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: A Game of Deceit [Round 1][Full]
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2013, 09:18:59 pm »

What did scapheap do?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2013, 09:20:10 pm »

I'm guessing something hilarious.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2013, 09:20:19 pm »

I dunno, but if JBG is screaming about it, it's alright in my books.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2013, 09:22:02 pm »

Come on jbg, pm it to me.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2013, 11:15:44 pm »

He found out about something, and spread it. Now, he will pay the price.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2013, 11:29:12 pm »

Drop me a PM Jbg, then we'll see what we can do about it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2013, 11:32:54 pm »

I'm willing to help you as well. PM me.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2013, 11:43:22 pm »

I'll wait for the turn so I can twist the blade more :3

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2013, 10:28:29 am »

Scrapheap!!!!!!!!
Just as planned.

What did scapheap do?
You'll see

Drop me a PM Jbg, then we'll see what we can do about it.
I'm willing to help you as well. PM me.
I will say it probable best to stay away from being associated with Thorn till the thing I did blow over.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2013, 10:29:19 am »

Now I really wanna know about it. :P

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2013, 05:05:40 pm »

Quarter 2, Meeting 1
The house has changed dramatically since the first meeting of the year, on the left side of the hall now sit a group of 41 closely gathered individuals, all bearing the red and black patch of the Beruland People's Party (See National News). There are far more proposals as the political tensions run high not only domestically but internationally and there is an overwhelming tension and anxiety pervading the atmosphere. In light of the recent scandal surrounding representative Thorn, few representatives are seen talking with him.

Proposed Bills

Beruland Equality Act By Representative Olafsson - Proposes a system of welfare and assistance for the poor and unemployed

Beruland Futures Act By Representative Olafsson - Establishes a state-run system of primary and secondary schools as well as schooling subsidies and scholarships. In addition it includes legislation to render child-labor illegal and punishable by a ten-year jail sentence and seizure of all assets.

Criminal Organizations Act By Representative Markus - Triples penalties for all organized crime related offenses.

Reshaping Justice Act By Representative Bridger - Reforms the justice system to focus upon reformation rather than punishment.

Military-Industrial Infrastructure Act By Representative Acciano - Proposes improvement of government railroads and limited access roads for military and government contractor use.

House Inquiry into the Finances of Subversive Elements by Representative Mamali - Proposes the house be given the power to hold official inquiry into the finances of everyone who is deemed a subversive influence within Beruland

House Response to the Coslandian Ultimatum - How shall the house respond to the Coslandian Ultimatum? (See National News)

House Salary Increase - A vote to increase house salaries from 1000$ a quarter to 1500$ a quarter.

National News

The international community is outraged at the passage of the Beru Heritage Act, which reduces every non-ethnic beru to the state of second-class citizen. Filandy and Cosland have both lodged formal complaints and Cosland has demanded extra-territorial rights for all Coslandian citizens, or else it will forcibly embargo Beruland. Despite it's outrage at the passage of the Beru Heritage act Filandy has pledged to support Beruland in any conflict it may come into with Cosland.

In domestic news church and community leaders are outraged at the scandalous acts which are purported to have been committed by Representative Damien Thorn. The documents supporting these claims have been provided to this news station by an anonymous tipster and are penned in Thorn's own hand. The papers indicate research into satanic rituals, the occult, and devil worship among other repulsive acts. Many are beginning to question Thorns wildly popular campaign to educate and inspire children, and accusations of pedophilia have also sprung up against the representative.

A big step for political stability in Beruland today as the Beruland People's Party announces it's official establishment, making it the first political party in our nations existence. The party advocates public welfare and social programs for the lower class, as well as pride in our nations heritage. the party is quickly gaining support among inner-city workers and the unemployed.

following Sven Olafsson's famous assault against Representative Markus, an official apology has been released this month on one of Beruland's most popular talk-shows. While many still feel he was rash in his decision, the public appreciates his humbleness and willingness to admit his mistakes.

There has recently been a surge in public philanthropy among Officials, donating to everything from police galas to soup kitchens. The public sees this as a good sign for the future and believes this personal philanthropy from officials will translate into greater public welfare.

a so called "Rock-Renaissance" has gathered amazing speed in Beruland lately, and there has been a surge of thousands of songs published in the tradition of Styx, Kansas, and other rock groups. this has been caused by a recent influx of thousands of listless unemployed to the music industry as the only means of employment, and economists still have no idea why this industry of all others was swarmed with the new influx of talent. Regardless Berulandian rock music is becoming a global phenomenon and has gained wide appeal everywhere.

Spoiler: Public Relations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Support Groups (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Political Parties (click to show/hide)

1 Month until the next meeting, prepare your actions.

Gm Notes: Shit just got real up in here.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:14:52 pm by intelligentmoron »
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: A Game of Deceit [Round 2][Full]
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2013, 06:03:34 pm »

((That's right folks, I control about 20% of the house. :D  Also, Thorn accused of Pedophilia? Damn Scap, NICE MOVE :D))

Action one: Research the House Inquiry into the Finances of Subversive Elements act.

Action Two: Continue to recruit and canvass more MPs into the BPP.

Action three: Continue making the talk show rounds, trying to convince people to, among other things, ask their representatives to vote for the bills penned by the BPP, along with condemnation directed at Representative Thorn calling for him to be removed from his position immediately. Representative Mamali is also requested to explain why he's defending a sexual predator from being brought to justice. If Mamali's attack on the Cosland representative succeeds, Mamali is also condemkned for trying to spark a nuclear war which Beruland will inevitably be brought into.

Comments are also replied to about the international, in which both Cosland and Filandy's complaints are valid. However, Coslands aggression in reference to it's ultimatum for extra-territorial rights is just a sign that it wishes to put Beruland under its imperialistic boot again, and that such rights should be denied whilst campaigning for an amendment to be made so that everyone, regardless of creed, ethnicity or beliefs is protected under the same law.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:22:00 pm by Taricus »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2013, 06:13:08 pm »

Sven, what does the BPP think about drawing more tourism to Beru by legalizing drugs and prostitution?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2013, 06:27:21 pm »

"Drugs? Depends on the specific ones, and mind this is my personal opinion. But prostitution? You do not think that we suffered enough of that fate at the hands of Cosland during it's occupation of our fair nation? You do not think that our wives, mothers and daughters have had enough indigation at the hands of foreigners already?

However, since the first topic is unrelated to the party line, our member of parliment are free to vote upon their own opinions of that. But I can say that any law favouring whoring out or nation to foreigners will be dealt as has been done before."

((RPed this out. Anyone got a complaint about it, deal with it. Unless it's an OOC complaint ))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2013, 06:37:34 pm »

PM sent.