Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Cabal: A Game of Deceit [Round 2][Full]  (Read 9428 times)

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: A Game of Deceit [Round 1][Full]
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2013, 05:04:06 pm »

Voting Results

The Police Funding Bill

The voting opens up on the Police Funding Bill and representative Joe Bridger quickly takes the floor. (20+3) He makes a brilliant impassioned speech against the bill, stating that this valuable funding could instead be put towards contacting the overlords, who in their infinite glory, shall lead us to salvation. Many of those assembled barely hear a word of what he says, but instead stare transfixed at his powerful stage presence and charisma. A vast majority turn to his side. A few other speakers are heard, but pale to the glory of Bridger's outstanding oratory.

The bill is shot down. 36 For, 158 Against, 6 Abstentions

The Rebuilding Act

The next bill on the schedule is The Rebuilding Act. Salvador Mamali, the father of the bill, is granted the floor first. (17+3+2 Argument Bonus) He opens with tear-jerking plea to the assembly, stating the destitute status of much of the population and the need for proper infrastructure and transportation to provide for them. He finishes with a scathing rebuke about corruption in the government and how the failure of this bill would be the clearest sign of the failure of Beruland's democracy and challenges all those assembled to prove him wrong. Infuriated, Sven Olafsson takes the floor to deliver a rebuttal. (5) Sven makes a valiant attempt at rising to Mamali, but his lack of oratory skill is clearly evident and he is unable to deliver an argument. He is soon browbeaten off the floor by Mamali and his supporters, having convinced few people. Seeing Sven floundering, Representative Bridger takes the floor in order to aid him. (13+3) Bridger's superior skill at speaking is clearly evident, and he convinces a group of fence-sitters to his side using Sven's arguments. As Bridger ends his speech, the Speaker calls for a vote and an agonizing tension takes over the Chamber as the votes are made.

The bill barely squeaks by. 104 For 96 Against 0 Abstentions

The Beru Heritage Act

The floor first recognizes Representative Markus. (13+2+2) For half an hour Markus furiously argues against the bill, ferociously shaming any and all supporters of the bill, tearing apart the brutal and naked racism in the bill and bringing it to light for all to see. Spitting and frothing at the mouth in rage he vividly paints for the House a memory of when Beruland was ruled by Cosland, pointing out the similarities between this bill and the Coslandian system, and the sheer hypocrisy of such a bill. Filled with patriotism Salvador Mamali shouts Markus off the floor and begins his rebuke. (15+2+2) His eyes shining with patriotic tears Mamali passionately refutes Markus, Saying that this bill is not hypocrisy, it is justice. that for too long have the Beru's had to suffer under the yoke of foreign oppressors, and it is only right and fair that the be made to suffer in the same way for their crimes, and that it is the Beru's natural right by blood and suffering to rule this land and all should be made aware of it. Furthermore he accuses Markus of wanting to return to Coslandian rule by even insinuating that these foreign devils stand on the same level as a Beru. The chamber is silent following Mamali, and Bradley seizes the chance to get the last word in.(1+2) Bradley bumbles up to the stand and delivers his arguments against the bill, but they only seem weak and preposterous compared to the previous orators, and he is quickly shouted off the floor so voting can begin.

The bill passes (Holy shit) 102 For 98 Against 0 Abstentions

The Criminal Organizations Act

Enraged by his defeat Markus takes the floor. (17+2+2) Quickly and deftly he delivers irrefutable arguments in favor of the bill, and many are impressed by his refreshing briefness and clarity, causing a majority to take his side. Sven takes the floor afterwards in hopes of redeeming his former oratory. ( 8 ) He delivers some sound arguments, but he trips over his words at a crucial moment causing Markus to thrash him with insults. Enraged Sven charges Markus aiming a punch for his face. (14+3 vs. 4+3) The Punch connects with a resounding crack throughout the chamber as Markus' jaw breaks and he crumples to the floor, unconscious. The house erupts into shouts and indignation as security rushes in to restrain Olafsson and the paramedics are called for Markus. Because of the chaos the bill is postponed until next voting period.

(11+3) Markus regains consciousness on the way to the hospital. When he arrives the damage is assessed as a concussion and he is told to take it easy for the next 3 months. (-1 action for 2 turns)

National News

Tragedy in the first round of voting today as Representative Markus is sent to the hospital with a concussion caused by Sven Olafsson. The people are outraged at Sven who, just weeks before, was seen as a peace-maker and leader of a new, progressive Beruland. Many voters fear this may be Sven showing his true colors and are suitably unsure about the future. Markus however in light of his injury has gained the sympathy and support of the voters.

Many voters are pleased to see their representatives accomplish some of their campaign goals. Representative Mamali has gained support with his championing of the controversial Beru Heritage Act and the Rebuilding Act. While others are disappointed in their representatives inability to see their goals accomplished, most notably representative Adam Bradley who didn't even argue for his own Police Funding Bill.

Spoiler: Public Relations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Support Groups (click to show/hide)

2 Months until the next meeting, prepare your actions. Also collect your quarterly paychecks.

GM Note: I did not expect this country to go to shit so quickly.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:24:31 pm by intelligentmoron »
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2013, 05:22:41 pm »

Name: Adam Bradley
Campaign Promises: Improve police, more housing, sort out food problems
Bio: Optional
Con: 3
Sp: 2
Cn: 2
Ch: 2
Lk: 1
Money: 4,500$(Or 7,500$ I'm not sure if another payday occurred)

Actions:
Donate 2000$ to a children charity.

Read on this The Criminal Organizations Act.

Last one PM
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2013, 05:23:59 pm »

a payday occurred let me add that
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2013, 05:31:42 pm »

Action one: Public relations. Go around, providing interview and going onto news and talk shows to explain the entire chain of events leading up to the punch, citing that terms of the bill are so corrupted that Markus is intenting to use ALL the money gained from the fines for his own pocket. If anyone asks for evidense, provide them with a copy of the bill to read.

Actions two and three: Bill proposals. PMed per the rules.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2013, 05:37:27 pm »

Name: Markus
Campaign Promises:
1. I promise to legalize and tax prostitution!
2. Cut down on organized crime!
3. And create a tourist paradise by legalizing and taxing all manner of drugs!
Con: +3
Sp: +3
Cn: +1
Ch: +2
Lk: +1
Money: $7,000

Milk this for all it's worth. Give a tearful speech about the corruption of Sven and how he wants to bring down my good cause!

Canvassing. Learn what the public wants.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2013, 05:43:25 pm »

Name: Benesuto Acciano
Campaign Promises: Lower taxes, less government regulation, increased military spending
Bio: Benesuto came from a long line of wealthy industrialists with such close family ties it may well be considered organized crime. The current head of Acciano industries is his elder brother, and as the second son he was sent to change the government to a more pro-business stance.
Con: 3
Sp: 3
Cn: 3
Ch: 1
Lk: Accianos do not believe in luck. 0.
Money: 12,000

I challenge Sven to a duel in the name of securing the republican system from violence like his.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:50:57 pm by Urist_McDrowner »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2013, 05:46:24 pm »

Con: 0
Sp: 3
Cn: 2
Ch: 4
Lk: 1
Money: $11000

I submit all my actions by PM, because I'm just secretive like that.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2013, 06:11:24 pm »

I challenge Sven to a duel in the name of securing the republican system from violence like his.
Challenge denied, I got things to do. Maybe next parlimentary session we could do that though.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2013, 06:17:15 pm »

Rail against Sven's cowardice, how he could punch a man who was unprepared but shy away from one who wants a fight.

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2013, 06:21:12 pm »

I think that punch might have caused a bit of a feeding frenzy Taricus. The sharks smell blood in the water.
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2013, 06:22:19 pm »

I think that punch might have caused a bit of a feeding frenzy Taricus. The sharks smell blood in the water.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2013, 06:22:48 pm »

You people are all crazy. I'm the only one actually trying to rebuild the country.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

I don't see you doing any actions towards that Remuthra.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2013, 06:36:49 pm »

I just submitted a bill to that effect this turn, actually.
I may be crazy, but I want civilization to be strengthened for when the destroyers come.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2013, 06:41:34 pm »

I may be crazy, but I want civilization to be strengthened for when the destroyers come.

Isn't that a quote by Giorgio A. Tsoukalos?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:43:48 pm by Urist_McDrowner »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14