Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Cabal: A Game of Deceit [Round 2][Full]  (Read 9394 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: A Game of Deceit [Round 2][Full]
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2013, 11:06:50 pm »

Thing is, it probably killed your career. Anyway, Starting this RP now! ((And remember folkes, you can vote for amendments to proposed bill too ^.^ ))

Olafsson walked into the parliament floor, leading the other representatives of the BPP. The party itself comprised a quarter of the entire house, the black and red gloves they wore a ubiquitous sign inside the house.

They all took their seats, excepting Sven, whom stood at the front of the BPP's benches.

"Good day, esteemed ladies and gentlemen. I will be frank in this address, we are facing the worst diplomatic crisis since our nation's inception. Which, admittedly, is ony the first one we've had. But nevertheless we are teetering on the brink of a disaster.

Thanks to the actions of one Representative Thorn and one Representative Mamali, we are looking at a crippling embargo that will strain our economy and food supplies. This is a situation which should not have come to pass under any circumstance, and thus it is my recommendation that both Mamali and Thorn are punished according to legal proceedure, along with being stripped of their titles and station.

In part since it was the heritage act that caused this entire crisis, It is my suggestion that we repeal it, and revise it so that we may protect vital parts of berulandic culture without being a nation of cloistered xenophobic bigots that some people want us to become."
Sven said, glaring at both Thorn and Mamali during that last sentence.

"Now then, my fellow representatives, who else had any suggestion for dealing with this crisis?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2013, 11:12:04 pm »

I don't think the RP session has started yet. Anyway, here's what im pmed me:

(17+2)  You show up at Beruland's hottest night-show for an exclusive two-hour long session with the host, with the special guest being the Imperial Ambassador to Beruland! You open up the first hour with a resounding cry to show support of Damien Thorn. much of the audience is taken aback at such a startling opening, and the hisses and boos are almost deafening as you continue your speech. You ignore the host's attempts to quiet you down and talk directly to the audience now, lamenting their ignorance and stupidity. "If you could only see whats happening!" your shouts quiets the room and a deathly silence envelopes the audience.

"We squabble amongst our selves like rats and pigs! For shame all of you! open your eyes to the truth!"

"Damien thorn, a god-fearing Beru and personal friend of mine has been slandered, and you have all been deceived by the enemies efforts to weaken us." the audience appears to be in a state of confusion, "the enemy?" someone asks

"Yes the enemy! some of you young ones may not be old enough to remember but i FOUGHT for our freedom and i know the enemy all too well," there is now doubt of whom your are talking about now " I learned of their malice in the trenches, i learned of their inhumanity in the burned down villages, and today we all learn of their deceit!" shouts of agreement ring out from the crowd. The host no longer makes any attempt at maintaining order as you launch into a fervent speech against the coslandian menace, while the ambassador looks on in horror from backstage. at the end you have the crowd in a fervent foaming frenzy. you finish your with a loud cry "Hail, Beruland!" and bring your arm, fist closed and bent at the elbow, across your chest; the revolutionary salute. the audience rises to their feet and echoes your gesture, following it up with a riotous cheer as you take your seat.

The host seems to awaken out of a stupor and calls the ambassador unto the stage. he enters stage left meekly, looking fearfully at the vicious crowd and the murderous look in your eyes. the debate goes about as one sided as any debate could possibly be. frustrated with the ambassadors cowardice you finally clock him one, sending him spinning and unconscious to the floor. as paramedics cart the ambassador out on a stretcher you face the cheering, fervent crowd and do the only thing you can think as being appropriate

"Hail, Beruland"

(Did you just become my Hitler analogue? Yes you did. Embrace the Nationalist Republic of Beruland)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2013, 11:17:17 pm »

I think it already did unless IM wanted us to all hop onto IRC at the same time.

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2013, 11:17:58 pm »

Eh go ahead and start it, just somebody take the liberty of posting a summary when you guys finish your debates. It will be easier upon my eyes.
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2013, 11:19:47 pm »

Right, I'll scribe it then :)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2013, 11:38:25 pm »

((Okay then.))
Salvador rose to his feet in outrage at the accusations of Olafsson.
Bah! You think that you can play nice with Cosland and they'll leave you alone? Don't forget that they used to rule us! They will seize any chance to return Beruland to that state of affairs, with the Coslandians on top and the Beru on the bottom! Even now their spies attempt to subvert the people! In fact, on of their puppets is right in this very room. I have been lucky enough to find the perpetrator behind the slander of my comrade Thorn, and it was no other than Representative Adam Bradley who phoned in that anonymous 'tip'. And your suggestion that we revise the bill to protect 'vital' parts of our culture? All of our culture is vital you damnable fool! Without it, we are not the people of Beruland.
((I'm warning you, if I think you're working with the Coslandians, I won't pull any punches.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2013, 01:21:36 am »

"I admit that I'm the who told the world about Thorn, however apart from the liking children more than one should, it all true. I still not sure where that came from, but all I said on the matter is true. Now as for protecting our culture, I agree with you, but the problem is I fails to see what making every non-ethnic Beru a second class citizen is suppose to do this. As far as I can see, it only going provoke a war with everyone against us because we being assholes. Please, go ahead, I wish to know what you are thinking."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2013, 01:36:58 am »

I think that only a few weeks ago Thorn was loved by all. What I want to know is why you felt the need to say anything, no matter whether it is true or not. What did you gain? Did you do it out of spite because he was more loved than you? Simple political expediency? Or was it to please the Cosland Imperialists?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 01:41:20 am by Gamerlord »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2013, 02:28:45 am »

"He was killing people! I don't care what you say, outside of war and self-defense, that bad. The face he not in jail is a miscarry of justice."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:30:56 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2013, 02:36:11 am »

Do you have any actual evidence of that? And if you did, why not take it to the police?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:04 am »

"I think congratulations are in order for Representative bradley. If he's truely done this out of altruism, he is to be commended for ending a public menace. What Adam exposed was the VERY corruption no representative should ever commit, even if the pedophilia part was slander, Damian's actions have brought shame upon the entireity of Beru's parliament.

And the only puppet for Cosland I can see here is you, Mamali, you who has attempted to destabilize our nation, and goading Cosland into having a proper casus belli. The only person in this room that has been aiding Cosland with their direct actions is YOU, Mamali. You and you alone have been responsible for dragging down our nation with your mudslinging and corruption. Aiding Thorn avoid the judgement of the law was your final mistake Mamali, we may make the laws, but we are NOT above them."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2013, 02:42:22 am »

I will ask one more time you fool: DOES HE HAVE ANY REAL EVIDENCE? If he does, then please show me which laws Thorn has broken! If he does not, then Bradley better walk out of here before I make it so he is incapable.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2013, 02:48:32 am »

"I have it here, well a copy because Thorn right over there"

Pagan rituals, occult lore, virgin sacrifice, spells, potions

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2013, 02:52:34 am »

"I believe this answers your question, Mamali" Sven replied, the bile and hatred apparent in his voice, before he gestured to the rest of the BPP.

"Now, I suggest you cut the threats of physical violence, unless you want to go up against several dozen more members of the house, Mamali."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2013, 03:01:15 am »

Oh for, that isn't evidence! Unless you have goddamned hard evidence, it won't stand up in court of law! And how do we know those are real? And you still haven't said why you didn't go to the police!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14