Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not a bad thing, but...  (Read 707 times)

hapes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not a bad thing, but...
« on: October 05, 2007, 04:29:00 pm »

Has anyone had this happen to them:

I got a baroness and her lovely consort, along with a bunch of other nobles, including a hammerer.  So, I set about building their rooms for them, including the hammerer.  In the middle of doing so, I was besieged by goblins.  When my traps broke the siege (still a relative newbie, after all), I discovered that my hammerer had died.  So sad (*snort*)...but he hasn't been replaced, and it's been a couple of years, and a couple of sieges since then.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not a bad thing, but...
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 04:44:00 pm »

That's some of the best luck I've heard about.

Doler 12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 06:43:00 pm »

Yes you are very lucky! Lets hope for you that hammer will not return.
BLOCKQUOTE>quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>I saw one peasant and all his family was dead of old age. Nephews, parents, grandparents, children, brothers. All dead. I let him jo

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:10:00 pm »

That's a bug, and damn it I want that to happen to me!

[ October 05, 2007: Message edited by: Fourth Triad ]

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 04:33:00 am »

Hehe. My situation isn't the same, but my hammerer is still useless.

One day, my captain of the guard was taking a break outside, and a giant sand desert scorpion decided to take a stroll near the entrance of my fort. A few dwarves pissed their pants in fright and dropped what they were doing to go cry in a corner, but the brave captain charged at it with his axe. The scorpion took notice and quickly began running. After looping all the way to the top of the map, then back down towards the entrance... it passed by the entrance again, and the hammerer, also assumably, on break noticed the scorpion and went after it. The scorpion was stopped by the captain and started to beat him up. He had already gotten a few injuries by the time the hammerer started attacking, then the scorpion started beating on the hammerer. After recieving a mangled wound, a hammer found its mark and killed the scorpion.

Leaving me with both dwarves with mangled limbs! They haven't healed yet and it's been at least 10 years since that incident.

hapes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 02:00:00 pm »

Alas alack, a new Hammerer has arrived.  Woe is me.