Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Username  (Read 3462 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Username
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2013, 06:34:33 pm »

I got my username ages ago when I was just starting to use online accounts. I wanted something that wouldn't be taken, so I named myself after a minor character in a book I had just finished. Later I found out the actual name was Ramuthra and I had been misspelling it the whole time.

My username is also a misspelling.  I had misremembered the attack of Odin in FFVIII, which is Zantetkuken.  When I found out, I thought the misspelling sounded better.  Though noone is able to pronounce it properly.   :P
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2013, 06:41:58 pm »

Adolf Hitler's Rotating Testicle of Doom
I got a better one.

Stalin's Hairy Orbs of Eternal Authoritarian Nightmare

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2013, 06:52:50 pm »

I got my username ages ago when I was just starting to use online accounts. I wanted something that wouldn't be taken, so I named myself after a minor character in a book I had just finished. Later I found out the actual name was Ramuthra and I had been misspelling it the whole time.

My username is also a misspelling.  I had misremembered the attack of Odin in FFVIII, which is Zantetkuken.  When I found out, I thought the misspelling sounded better.  Though noone is able to pronounce it properly.   :P
zan-zet-koo-ken

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2013, 06:57:52 pm »

Adolf Hitler's Rotating Testicle of Doom
I got a better one.

Stalin's Hairy Orbs of Eternal Authoritarian Nightmare
Mao's Seven Smooth Spheres of Endless Power and Veiled References
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2013, 08:13:44 pm »

zan-zet-koo-ken

You are the first person that I have seen pronounce it properly without needing a correction.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2013, 08:16:47 pm »

zan-zet-koo-ken

You are the first person that I have seen pronounce it properly without needing a correction.
When I first saw it on the You are a Hydra thread I thought it was Zanzetuken, but it isn't all that hard to pronounce if you read it correctly.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2013, 08:29:55 pm »

zan-zet-koo-ken

That's how I normally say it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2013, 08:33:37 pm »

Anytime anyone I know outside of the forums has seen it, they mispronounced it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2013, 08:35:48 pm »

It happens to everyone. Most people have mispronounced and/or misspelled mine Remurthra.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2013, 09:54:59 pm »

I see what you did there.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 10:16:13 pm »

my user name is abbreviated from Funkmachine7 i only use the full funckmachine7 when i have too.
i started with the name back in my runescape days.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 10:28:29 pm »

I've used my username since forever, so don't google it or you'll see how stupid I used to be a few years back. Basically it's a nickname my dad called me when I was younger, which basically meant "First Initial Last Initial the Magnificent." Pretty lame nickname, but hey, it stuck.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 11:34:29 pm »

We should have a general username origin topic if we don't already.

I'm freeformschooler because I was homeschooled and even then spent most of my time out of school learning stuff on my own. Learning is rad.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2013, 01:33:00 am »

New thread here in case you're interested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2013, 02:56:21 am »

I always read it as Guin an Ronin. Now that I'm seeing it clearly, my mental label has been shattered appropriately. XD

Still, usernames are as unique as their creators. Doesn't look anything childish to me...Though I've never read it as Gunin an Runin for some reason. I attributed it to some kind of terminology as I usually read non-English words in short-vowel form...:P

Though I still like this thread. Username discussion instead of Origin of Username :P

OtherNote: Love how FFS does his style, Personal learning for the love of learning. So inspirational.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5