Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Username  (Read 3461 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Username
« on: March 31, 2013, 11:27:42 pm »

I hate my username. I used it for the longest time, for everything, but recently someone mentioned it and now it sounds so awfully childish and dumb.

Suddenly I'm incredibly self conscious about what other people think when they read it and it makes me wonder..

EDIT: Also, what are some awesome usernames you've ever had or seen? :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:17:10 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Username
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 11:43:53 pm »

I thought you were an action hero. Gunnin' an' runnin' action heroes don't feel self conscious. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 11:51:45 pm »

I thought you were an action hero. Gunnin' an' runnin' action heroes don't feel self conscious. WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
Why must you always interrupt my self-indulgent angst with high-explosive joy FreeForm?!

GUNIN: *sob* mai naym es stoopid *sniff*
FreeForm: ROCKETPROPELLEDRAINBOW!!*FWOOOSH*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:54:48 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 12:04:21 am »

I always read it as Gunnin' an' Runnin', too.
I mean, my grammar nazi side was mildly put out by the spelling, but clearly action heroes don't feel the need for correct spelling and punctuation, either. :P Too busy saving the world and punching out robot nazis, I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:11:30 am »

I always read it as Gunnin' an' Runnin', too.
I mean, my grammar nazi side was mildly put out by the spelling, but clearly action heroes don't feel the need for correct spelling and punctuation, either. :P Too busy saving the world and punching out robot nazis, I guess.
Yeah, its supposed to be read like that. Because I am an action hero. *flex*

---

Spelling?!?! Well how is it supposed to be spelled (honestly I don't think 'Gunning and Running' would be any better)?! ??? Its nonsense anyways. My older brother made it up once when I was having a hard time thinking of a decent name once! :D Originally he spelled it as GUNINNRUNNIN. :P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:13:11 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 12:14:04 am »

I like it because it makes you recognizable.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 06:46:50 am »

Probably one of the best usernames here.
Though, there was this one guy whose username, I think, was 'Sigulbard.' That's a pretty awesome name too.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 06:57:34 am »

Suddenly I'm incredibly self conscious about what other people think when they read it and it makes me wonder..
Eh, I get that too and I still like mine. I get self conscious if I have to tell it to anyone but hey.
Screw what they think.

I'm pasta.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 08:33:27 am »

Haha oh man, the times i've thought about getting a new username... But then i think like, "it's silly and i'm silly, PERFECT MATCH". That, and a scant few people have actually recognized me across forums, which is pretty rad. (though i do often use other names when it comes to game profiles)

Basically you shouldn't feel self conscious about your MANLY ACTION NAME, because it's awesome and all-caps. In fact i'm surprised that your avatar isn't a pair of hardcore sunglasses, because it'd fit so well you wouldn't even believe it. :o
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 11:27:40 am »

Genki (my avatar) is hardcore like you wouldn't believe. Go watch Mushi-Shi. Its an anime that even people who don't like anime will love.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 12:15:03 pm »

About four years ago, when my brothers and I had a phase of playing online poker I realised I was in rather serious need of a username other than Gerbil707.  I don't really like having numbers in a username and I wanted to make it as unique as possible, and at that time I had a fascination with wasps, so what did our noble name-seeker do?  Why, look up the latin name for the Common Wasp!  This meant I have a choice of using Vulagarias AND Vespulan (I edited them to make myself feel even more special) so my suggestion is either use Latin or find some ancient Greek/Norse beast that sounds awesome like the Nidhogg or something :P Wrong post :/  But I guess it kinda fits here as well :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:17:06 pm by Vespulan »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 12:17:02 pm »

WanderingSomething would go well with this avatar and personal text. Too bad I can't change it without making a new account. :)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 12:20:59 pm »

You can pm Toady. That's the way FearfulJesuit did it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 12:26:27 pm »

I considered that. I'd probably just have 'formerly GUNINANRUNIN' in my personal text or something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 01:10:06 pm »

I always thought it was "Guinan Ronin," bizarrely enough, so I just pegged you for a Star Trek fan.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5