Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: It is a dark time. There is war in the city. (Sign Ups 8/infinity)  (Read 9780 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: It is a dark time. There is war in the city. (Sign Ups 6/infinity)
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2013, 06:30:18 pm »

Name: Marcus Rothal
Faction: Vampire Hunter
Description: Marcus joined the military after graduating High School. He was not the smartest or most well-spoken soldier, but he quickly rose through the ranks as an excellent fighter with sheer determination. He earned all sorts of medals and accolades in his service for participating in several major battles. During this time, Marcus thought he would be killed any day, which caused him to become devout in the Islamic faith. After 3 years in Special Forces, he was discharged for killing an innocent civilian. He knew the civilian was a creature of the undead, but the military did not believe him and fired him.

Marcus is now home to bring about the will of Allah and send the satanic forces back into the deepest pits of Jahannam.

Stats
Strength: 3
Constitution: 1
Willpower: 2
Dexterity: 2
Perception: 2
Charisma: 0
Intelligence: 0
HP: 6/6
Food Points:0

Can I goes in?

Yep, as long as he's willing to work with the Christian.  I'll write the update now.  1+5=6 not 7 hp, and you are two points over on your stats.  I'll fix it for you, taking two from strength, if you want it to be different, you should probably tell me before I write the update. 

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: It is a dark time. There is war in the city. (Sign Ups 6/infinity)
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2013, 06:33:48 pm »

Name: Marcus Rothal
Faction: Vampire Hunter
Description: Marcus joined the military after graduating High School. He was not the smartest or most well-spoken soldier, but he quickly rose through the ranks as an excellent fighter with sheer determination. He earned all sorts of medals and accolades in his service for participating in several major battles. During this time, Marcus thought he would be killed any day, which caused him to become devout in the Islamic faith. After 3 years in Special Forces, he was discharged for killing an innocent civilian. He knew the civilian was a creature of the undead, but the military did not believe him and fired him.

Marcus is now home to bring about the will of Allah and send the satanic forces back into the deepest pits of Jahannam.

Stats
Strength: 3
Constitution: 1
Willpower: 2
Dexterity: 2
Perception: 2
Charisma: 0
Intelligence: 0
HP: 6/6
Food Points:0

Can I goes in?

Yep, as long as he's willing to work with the Christian.  I'll write the update now.  1+5=6 not 7 hp, and you are two points over on your stats.  I'll fix it for you, taking two from strength, if you want it to be different, you should probably tell me before I write the update.

It's fine, guess I just miscounted. And he's willing to work with Christians and Jews since they all have the same God under different names.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: It is a dark time. There is war in the city. (Sign Ups 8/infinity)
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2013, 06:50:05 pm »

While I agree, that depends who you ask.  Some of my, ah... relatives, would... (how do I say this without "violently"? Since no actual violence gets involved when they're involved)... Disagree with that with extreme prejudice.

Though IMO, discussions and arguments over religions and what religious groups get along or share beliefs are pointless. Most people will Comically Miss the Point anyways.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2013, 07:11:20 pm »

While I agree, that depends who you ask.  Some of my, ah... relatives, would... (how do I say this without "violently"? Since no actual violence gets involved when they're involved)... Disagree with that with extreme prejudice.

Though IMO, discussions and arguments over religions and what religious groups get along or share beliefs are pointless. Most people will Comically Miss the Point anyways.

I'm sure, I also know many people who would react as such. The singular/same Abrahamic God is one of my own personal perspective, and in this case my character's, so it's just a RP'ing tidbit for him anyways. 
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2013, 05:35:21 pm »

It is the afternoon.  Next turn it will be night. 

Lanso Hadred

You tell your policeman to kill everyone.  He seems torn for a moment, but decides to listen.  He shoots the girl and the man.  (4)  He stops at the police officer.  Who handcuffs him with ease, as your slave enters a catatonic state.  He proceeds to attack you.  (1)  The pizzaboy comes up to the door and says "You know what, take the pizza, I'm out of here. " He leaves it on the ground.  (6)  Your lightning reflexes allow you to knock out this man with your strength (4)

Spoiler: Lanso Hadred (click to show/hide)

Krakjaw

You head right.  They follow.  You jump down into the sewer, causing a splash.  (3)  Swat team members follow you down.  They get some shots on you. -1HP (1)

((When it turns night, everyone alive gets there health back.  ))

Spoiler: Krakjaw (click to show/hide)

Donovan Toth

You decide to ask out the mayor to lunch, but your hunger makes you irratable.  Next thing you know, you're sent flying out onto the street.  *Thud* ow.  "DON'T COME BACK!"  -1HP (3) 

Spoiler: Donovan Toth (click to show/hide)

Lenard Dinite

You try to get up, and hit your head on the dumpster floor. (3) -1 HP Ouch. 

Spoiler: Lenard Dinite (click to show/hide)

Jane Love

You decide to head back to the nest.  Before you can get up to move, the detective brings you inside to heal.  This is... nice.  Too nice.  You try to escape, but they insist.  You are insisted into a jail cell.  (1)  "Do you recognize the man in this photo?  He's missing.  You'll procure him or be sentenced for murder of the first degree in court."

Spoiler: Jane Love (click to show/hide)

Harold Blake

You decide to try again.  You have been shot by a random bystander for sexual harrassment.  You are now a ghost.  (1) 

((You may now do ghostly things.  Nothing too major or gamebreaking though.  Or you can dissapear off the face of the earth and FACE JUDGEMENT.  If you roll a one on any action, you autimatically do so, and pass onto the afterlife.  ))

Spoiler: Harold Blake (click to show/hide)

Rand

Oh look you can read.  Sort of.  The letters are familliar, but you don't recognise the sequences.  (2; set the time you were from) You see blinding lights and a  while you are walking, you run into what apears to be a large metal machine that runs with some kind of reaction, one of magic.  Someone is inside of it, probably controling it.  Your massive intelect keeps you from going into future shock.  (3)  You have the intelligence to not be in it's path on the road.  (4)  You continue walking, and walking.  You should be able to find the forest eventually right?  Eventually, you give up.  (1)  You should be able to distil a little mana from the plants around you.  Due to your massive intelect, you are able to procure 2 mana points of mana. (5)

((You are from the distant past))

Spoiler: Rand (click to show/hide)

Marcus

You have traveled to the US with a good amount of money, $40 worth.  Unfortunately, the people at the airport took away your pistol.  You almost had it through, but you were caught.  Fortunately the guards let you loose, seeing as you legally obtained it on your last visit to the US.  (4)  You are in the airport. 

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

((We *STILL* need more of the other races (ghouls), but the succubi race is unlocked again.  Remember, unlimited sign ups.  You could learn a lot about the setting by reading and participating in this thread.  )) 

((The Succubi are being hit hard.  ))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2013, 05:51:34 pm »

"No I don't recognize him and why am I being sentenced for murder if I don't find him?"

After talk, look for this man, unlikely as it may be(double so if it the man I ate which then raised the question why he missing since it a minament of 24 hours before someone can be put as missing and I ate him maybe 4 hours at most ago.).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2013, 06:05:13 pm »

Grab a cheap snack to eat, and pick up a newspaper, reading for any strange incidents in the city that could be related to the occult.

Then head out and take a taxi to the center of town.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2013, 06:19:19 pm »

((So... uh... what all kind of magic can i do?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2013, 07:55:59 pm »

lose the swat in the sewers, rest until healed
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2013, 08:10:27 pm »

Clasp head and moan. Not too loudly.
The Cyan Menace

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2013, 07:42:55 pm »

Clasp head and moan. Not too loudly.

It is now night, you really want to lie there?

((So... uh... what all kind of magic can i do?))

~MAGIC~

Anything.  Except, you may want to not do somethings like death magic, or teleportation.  The effects, they can be bad.  You head can explode, or you can end up ripping open a portal into the nether.  Of course, the more mana put into a spell, the more power put out.  If you put enough mana, spending weeks building it up, in about a month, you'd probably have enough mana to wipe out a quarter of the city.  You'd probably die casting such a spell, if the magic radiation coming of of you doesn't kill you first.  The good news is that your magic has such a low margin of missing, that you don't need to aim much.   Just point in the general direction and then it is just concentration. 

But in the case that it fails, you face some *fun* times ahead.  You know that puppy you just summoned, well it survived the summoning.  Now it wants to kill you.  (1)  Your spell explodes. (2)  Your spell fizzles out and the radiation spreads out and contaminates the area.  (3)  Your spell is weak and leaks minor radiation.  (4)   It works perfectly!  (5)  Your spell works better than intended.    (6)  From your missile of force spiraling out of control to instant evaporation of all matter in a 3 foot radius.  You don't want to fail. 

Radiation contaminates the area.  You are slowly leaking mana and setting off geiger counters.  This leads to some... abnormalities.  Your mana's half live is one day.  It doesn't just disappear, it goes into the air. 

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »

Right. "Now it's afternoon, NEXT turn is night" made me think otherwise. Sorry  :P.
So In addition to clasping head and moaning, crawl out from underneath. Smell around for drugs, drug dealers, or mana potion-bearing-peoples in the downtown area.
The Cyan Menace

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2013, 08:20:42 pm »

((I see... anyway to have some sort of fail safe in case I fail? Like, that'll keep me from killing myself? Also what all kind of potions can i make? Or are all mana potions the same and just a way to give me mana?))

Now... first things first. I need to find a place with a large amount of plants. That way I can start brewing up some potions.

Use two mana to detect where all sources of plants are in as large an area as possible. Head to the largest amount of plants and extract some more mana. Or even better make some mana potions.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2013, 08:39:23 pm »

Update tomorrow. 
((I see... anyway to have some sort of fail safe in case I fail? Like, that'll keep me from killing myself? Also what all kind of potions can i make? Or are all mana potions the same and just a way to give me mana?))

Now... first things first. I need to find a place with a large amount of plants. That way I can start brewing up some potions.

Use two mana to detect where all sources of plants are in as large an area as possible. Head to the largest amount of plants and extract some more mana. Or even better make some mana potions.

I'll accept that.  Just to paraphrase from below, I'll accept anything. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2013, 12:23:20 am »

Oops.

Begin searching for a good place for shelter.

Find food, edible food.

Begin crafting a cover story wherein I am exiled - but still continue to be in the city.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9