Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: It is a dark time. There is war in the city. (Sign Ups 8/infinity)  (Read 9778 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is an idea I've had to make a game to influence the It is Night game (now day). 

Several factions vie for power in the city.  You are part of one of them.  Your goal is to win the city. 

Spoiler: Factions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Aplication (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RTD Rules (click to show/hide)

Actions are divided into turns.  Three actions per turn. 
If you do not post within 24 hours of my previous post, you are assumed to be using your action to get food or money to buy food or sleeping. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC Thread

It is the original thread *still in progress*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:26:29 pm by alamoes »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: It is a dark time. There is war in the city. (Sign Ups 0/infinity)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 07:54:39 pm »

In.

Name : Lanso Hadred
Faction : Succubi ( Incubus )
Description : Lanso is a particularly handsome man, he has medium length blonde hair which is often spiked up on top of his head.
He has a set of wings which he keeps concealed beneath his long black coat that look as if they are covered in black feathers, very similar to that of an angel.
Despite this he is extremely handsome to women and has taken to feeding on them rather then men for that fact as well as for his deep seated desire to breed.
Stats
Strength: 1
Constitution: 1
Willpower:1
Dexterity: 2
Perception:1
Charisma:2
Intelligence:0
HP : 7
Mana/Blood/Food Points.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:36:48 am by Brood »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 07:56:01 pm »

In once I determine which factions are unpopular so I can make one of those.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 08:11:17 pm »

Name: Krakjaw
Faction: Were-Creature
Description: Half man and half Crocodile with large armorlike dark green scales coating the back of his body limbs, and face while small paler scales cover the remainder of his body, his hunger filled golden eyes and many viscious fangs put those that see him in a state of panic that makes diplomacy extremely difficult.
Stats:
Strength:3
Constitution:2
Willpower:0
Dexterity:2
Charisma: 0
Intelligence: 0
HP: 7
Mana/Blood/Food Points
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 08:37:16 pm »

...First RTD? Hm. Nice to see you here alamoes :P

Spoiler: Donovan Toth (click to show/hide)

I've hidden my sheet for the meantime.

Firstly, how will money or food apply to the player? Is it pre-rolled, or a random factor?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:00:16 am by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 09:18:14 pm »

Heh. You didn't hide it that well...not that I'm sure why you bothered.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 10:50:42 pm »

This will be my first RTD as a player if I actually pay enough attention to this. Posting 1nce per day should be enough, so I shouldn't have a problem.

Depending on whether or not this is allowed:

Name: Lenard Dinite
Faction: Disloyal Vampire mage stoner
Description: As if immortality wasn't heady enough, Lenard got addicted to mana potions "not too recently". He's really an all around addict to everything you can name; if he's not high by the time he clocks out for the day, he's not going to be a happy camper the next day; nor is he ever, really. He's almost skeletal-y thin, but his skin is loose and hangs off him like rolls of fat, a lot of it piling in the bowl between his hip bones. He's got shocking long white hair going every-which-way, mostly down around his stomach. His very bloodshot eyes bulge and twitch out of his head, which you can pretty much see his skull through. His lips are blood red, though, despite his skin being whiter than even the palest of other vampires.
His voice is simultaneously a high pitched whine and a deep rumble that comes from his lungs not working in sync anymore, and one being half sized and the other overinflated. He's paranoid to antisocial extremes. He hallucinates on a regular basis and takes nonsensical actions frequently as a result. He also keeps stashes of drugs in his skin folds.
He was last seen squatting in an abandoned and partially burnt out apartment building.
Str: 1
Con: 0
Will: 0
Dex: 5
Per: 1
Cha: 0
Int: 1
hp: 5
Mana/Blood/Food Points: ?/?/?

Min-maxing? What are you talking about? There's no min-maxing here.  :P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:43:13 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 03:41:46 am »

Name:Jane Love
Faction:Succubi (wings of course,)
Description:A red headed woman with unnatural beauty and blue eyes. Wear jeans and a hoodie for some reason.
Stats
Strength:0
Constitution:0
Willpower:2
Dexterity:1
Charisma:2
Intelligence:2
HP:5
Mana/Blood/Food Points
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:17:44 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:40 pm »

This will be my first RTD as a player if I actually pay enough attention to this. Posting 1nce per day should be enough, so I shouldn't have a problem.

Depending on whether or not this is allowed:

Name: Lenard Dinite
Faction: Disloyal Vampire mage
Description: As if immortality wasn't heady enough, Lenard got addicted to mana potions "not too recently". He's really an all around addict to everything you can name; if he's not high by the time he clocks out for the day, he's not going to be a happy camper the next day; nor is he ever, really. He's almost skeletal-y thin, but his skin is loose and hangs off him like rolls of fat, a lot of it piling in the bowl between his hip bones. He's got shocking long white hair going every-which-way, mostly down around his stomach. His very bloodshot eyes bulge and twitch out of his head, which you can pretty much see his skull through. His lips are blood red, though, despite his skin being whiter than even the palest of other vampires.
His voice is simultaneously a high pitched whine and a deep rumble that comes from his lungs not working in sync anymore, and one being half sized and the other overinflated. He's paranoid to antisocial extremes. He hallucinates on a regular basis and takes nonsensical actions frequently as a result. He also keeps stashes of drugs in his skin folds.
Str: 1
Con: 0
Will: 0
Dex: 5
Per: 1
Cha: 0
Int: 1
hp: 5
Mana/Blood/Food Points: ?/?/?

Min-maxing? What are you talking about? There's no min-maxing here.  :P

Vampires are corpses that are fixed to the point of their death.  They do not get the effects of mana,  that requires life.  You are really jittery though, due to the potion. 

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 12:13:45 pm »

(( .... So he's a vampire stoner who likes funny blue drinks basically. ))

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 12:32:59 pm »

Yep.  It would also break balance to have a magical vampire running around. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:48:06 pm by alamoes »

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 12:51:14 pm »

Agreed. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: It is a dark time. There is war in the city. (Sign Ups 5/infinity)
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 12:52:37 pm »

Agreed. 
Yeah, you know? It would be better to get an answer to my question than two people snarking it up; pointing it out in public and wasting the number of posts in thread.

I mean, the OP is half done. The last spoiler is cut in the continuation of a statement. And I get that shoved in my face?

Well, whatever. Done with my sheet anyway.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:58:22 pm by Tiruin »

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 01:33:13 pm »

...First RTD? Hm. Nice to see you here alamoes :P

Spoiler: Donovan Toth (click to show/hide)

I've hidden my sheet for the meantime.

Firstly, how will money or food apply to the player? Is it pre-rolled, or a random factor?

Sorry, someone Pmed me asking about this too.  It would be good for you to know.  Description determines starting position.  I can veto if someone posts something unfair, like a vampire Mage Cthulhu ghoul werewolf who somehow became president of US.  Obviously, mages can become vampires, but vampires cannot become mages.  I'm reading everyone's post one at a time and responding one at a time. 

Edit: Since you are a human, you need to eat.  Having a meal is a free action, but if you don't have enough money, you cannot eat.  It would help if you had a job, but you don't according to your post. 
The vampire might want a home, so would the werelizard.  People might be a little freaked out that there is a corpse out on the street without any pulse.  People would be freaked out at seeing a lizard man too.  You might want a hiding spot too.  Don't worry, I'll start at night. 

Agreed. 
Yeah, you know? It would be better to get an answer to my question than two people snarking it up; pointing it out in public and wasting the number of posts in thread.

I mean, the OP is half done. The last spoiler is cut in the continuation of a statement. And I get that shoved in my face?

Well, whatever. Done with my sheet anyway.

I'm a little discombobulated, posting at work is always fun.  My boss keeping his eye out for people like me.  Luckily he does not care too much as long as we get stuff done, so I can post brief posts.  Just not hour long ones like this one.  I partly blame that for snarkiness, but then again, how do you detect snarkiness on the Internet? Either way no snarkiness was meant, I just meant I found you answer. 

As for the half-baked opening post, I could have probably added a little bit more information, but it was pretty late.  By pretty late, I mean forces beyond my control willed me to bed.  I did not sleep well.  Migraines, me having an awake nightmare about the traffic around my bed. Completely unrelated to the traffic in DC.  Anyways, I felt like I was going to throw up.  I'm fine now though. I don't even remember what the awake nightmare was about nor do I feel sick in the slightest. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:29:36 pm by alamoes »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 08:43:16 pm »

[snip]

Vampires are corpses that are fixed to the point of their death.  They do not get the effects of mana,  that requires life.  You are really jittery though, due to the potion.

OK, that works.  :P And here I was hoping to be a super-fast lich. So a mage can become a vampire, though? I'm assuming the vampirization would cause the potions to stop having effects, and drive the newly vamped mage mad quite quick. So getting a vamp addicted to blue drink works better. And I still get to play a stoner vampire anyways.  :D

Updated my post to remove the mage bit, and to give him a place to stay... sort of.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9