Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Evolved: Up the Ladder  (Read 13009 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: Up the Ladder
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2013, 12:42:01 am »

(-snip-)
((why are you going all biology on tsuchi when i have wings that let me fly and carry the weight of another human being? tsuchi's ability is FAR closer to within the laws of physics and chemisty than mine. leave the poor firebreather alone :P))
((Eheh XD Yeah, I know...sorry. But Winged creatures!~~~~ ;P

Yeah I'm just having fun there, sorry Tsu if I did use it wrong in context. It's just that Cheesecake has set up a real nice scenario wherein our ideas can easily correlate and...yeah XD

On that note, nice point again you two. I've to ask if the soil is acidic and whatnot...then we extract the acid and weaponize it XD))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2013, 12:46:22 am »

[I'd much rather the soil be filled with a strong base than a strong acid myself :p. But yeah, must be a real tight spot if food is scarce enough that cannibalism is used as a monetary system. I imagine finding fertile, good soil would be nothing sort of a miracle to whatever tribe finds it, and would be made much more fertile from the blood that would be shed on it to keep it...]

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:48:34 am by Xanmyral »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2013, 02:16:36 am »

((regarding the OOC train, i'm not explaining things to kira because:

With the help of Clair, relay these troubling news to the others.

and i see no reason to be redundant. also it would be out of character for Erin to explain things when Clair is right there, and you could get it directly from the horse's mouth. the closest thing Erin would do would be to ask Clair to speak up and explain, but that seems needlessly redundant, what with the above statement and:

"Turn out Vorl was still alive, for all of 6 seconds then he got kill by his former men who are now zombies for some reason."

"Let see, you know Isaac and the pillar?"(Dead space with 150 years of Chinese whispers.)

"They sort of...cannibalize him for parts."

i mean comon, are we really going to ask scrapheap to repeat what the GM typed out in public view more than once?

i just want to visit the chieftain now, let our new players in, watch Hroki's impending horrible death, loot Hroki's stuff, and get our next piece of plot/mission/objective, followed by actually buying the things we looked at.

dont tell me you people forgot Hroki is still with us despite his player leaving the game? people, pay attention! :P))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2013, 02:19:37 am »

((I know all that Lenglon, but I really appreciate you putting all that down for lil' ol me :)

Also, of course Hroki is with us! But the idea that he's now a condemned pawn is...pretty meta-ish, sadly. Hopefully the GM would know or insert a nice twist @ Hroki due to the fun we're all having.

And yes, I do believe Clair is explaining it to me, while without any visual (see: Post-Textual) reaction from me XD))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2013, 02:30:58 am »

((Crud, I forgot about Hroki!  :P I was just hoping you forgot. Even if you didn't, I was just going to make him return home, but seeing that you are waiting for his death.... If you're reading this Hroki, it's nothing personal. :P))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2013, 02:40:16 am »

((to be fair, that entire post of mine was meta :P

but yeah, it would be cool if Hroki isn't actually a condemmed pawn. i'm just not expecting it. even if he survives, he's going to be bussed.

in point of fact i'm worried that going to the chieftain will trigger an event that will make us unable to shop anymore, like an invasion of the village by the zombies from the lower level. it would explain why cheese is making absolutly sure that we want to do that before we go there, and it would be a GREAT time to kill off Hroki.

but since that reasoning is pure meta, i'm not letting it get anywhere near what i have Erin do. the smart move (minus meta) is to wait to buy anything at all until we've seen the chieftain. it's pointless to buy things we might be issued for a mission, and pointless to buy things that will be useless for our current objectives.))
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:43:22 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2013, 03:15:45 am »

((Wehhh XD

This isn't a game set back in the ol' golden ages wherein scripted events happen, methinks :P Just that somehow...I bet Cheesecake has something set up there to surprise us all.

And darn. Nobody has tried to warn the villagers of what happened. Nearby.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2013, 03:21:53 am »

((And darn. Nobody has tried to warn the villagers of what happened. Nearby.))
((... i have IC reasons for that being a bad idea, you want to ask IC or OOC? i can answer either way))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2013, 04:52:18 am »

((To kill two birds with one stone, cibus extract comes from the cibus plant. The "seeds" are actually embryos of the cibus. They are put in soil to gestate and grow into an animal. But since the soil is so unfertile, the embryo stops developing halfway and ends up as a dehydrated grey ball of premature flesh.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2013, 05:08:32 am »

((Ah, so eating cibus balls is kind of like eating fresh bean sprouts, except with animal fetuses?

Wait, is the cibus an animal or a plant?))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2013, 05:29:03 am »

((They're an animal. I actually based it on balut. It's a Filipino snack where you allow a duck egg to fertilize halfway, then eat the egg with the duck inside.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:37:35 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2013, 05:37:15 am »

((Why do they call it a cibus plant, then? And what exactly does it draw from the soil that is integral to its growth?))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2013, 05:39:00 am »

((You know, proteins, vitamins. But since there are none, they just die and end up like balls of edible flesh. I just call them plants cause they grow like plants.))
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2013, 05:55:50 am »

((Well, plants actually draw nitrogen (and other things as well) from the soil and synthesize proteins from that. I'm not sure there are any in the soil that aren't inside soil-dwelling organisms. Proteins decompose and leave nitrogen compounds behind, which get caught in the soil as various nitrogen-containing ions (plants of the legume family have special bacteria in their root nodules that perform nitrogen fixation, aiding growth). So I don't think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that it's strictly possible for soil to be protein rich unless you bury a whole lot of corpses in it, and even that will last for a short while as the bacteria of the soil do their work. So unless you can move around like an earthworm and draw upon the resources of the dead matter recently fallen in the soil, it'd be a bit difficult to survive like that.

Not trying to maliciously poke holes, though, just pointing stuff out for possible rethinking.))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2013, 06:08:36 am »

((They weren't created to survive. They're GM foods (geddit?  :P) created to feed the people with food. But yeah, thanks for the info!))
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16