Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Evolved: Up the Ladder  (Read 13013 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: Up the Ladder
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2013, 11:18:27 am »

"They sort of...cannibalize him for parts."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2013, 11:27:08 am »

"Oh. Keep an eye out for them, then. Speaking of which, let's tell the rest of this."

With the help of Clair, relay these troubling news to the others. Keep following them where'er they may go. Ponder if cibus extract is extracted from cibus balls.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2013, 07:44:01 pm »

((i have no additional actions to make before we meet the local gamma, i dont want to buy anything until we know what we're doing next, although knowing the prices of items will greatly help make purchasing decisions when the time comes.

also, i think my inventory is missing some stuff. namely an axe and the cell keys (i'm going to find a use for those eventually).

i still want zerol to carry at least my parts pouch, even if everyone else wants to hang on to theirs. even if he doesn't fully freeze the parts simply refrigerating them will greatly help preserve them and reduce the smell.))

"That's... troubling. still, that mostly tells us something that we already knew, namely that going down there is a bad idea. still, acid spit and scythes? that's something to keep in mind when we go shopping. did you notice anything that would keep those things down there? what is keeping them from coming up top?"

regroup, then visit gamma
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2013, 08:03:14 pm »

"Zombies with acid and scythes? Great... think we should tell the cheiften guy that things like that isn't far from his village? If he doesn't know about them then he'll definately would like to know, and if he does know about them, we can ask him exactly what they are," Zerol says he thoughts on the matter of the scythe zombies.

Follow along with the group. Also accept any parts pouches given to me to refrigerate.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2013, 10:17:36 pm »

((For combat, I was thinking of doing sort of an ASCII sort of style to make a map. I'm not good at making art on a computer, so.  :P Also, I'd like to tell you that I'm going back to school in a few days, so I won't be able to make long, detailed posts during Mondays-Thursdays, I'll still be able to post and answer questions, but I'll only make long posts on Fridays and weekends.))

Is this kind of ASCII map readable?

++++++++++++
+                 
+  O
+
+  O
+
+  O
+
+  O
+
+  O
+
+  G  O/
++++++++++++

Is it alright? I'll describe everything in actual posts, but the O is supposed to be a bandit, and the one with a / is wielding a weapon. The G is a hostage, and the + are walls. In posts, I'll make a key to help you know what is what.

Could you tell me what you want your ASCII characters to be, and what color and font they should be?

By the way, just to remind you, I'll add in GWG and Xanmyral when you meet the chieftain. Just to be sure, in the next turn, are you meeting the chieftain or continuing shopping?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:42:35 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2013, 10:38:55 pm »

E

Capital E, Purple, andale mono font

EDIT:

or, if you'd like something more descriptive:

¥

Yen symbol, Purple color, size=12pt (the default size is pretty small, although you might want to make it smaller or bigger depending on the rest of the symbols)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:51:10 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2013, 11:41:57 pm »

[Can't wait. My suggestion is to do the ASCII in a code window however, might allow for better formatting and avoidance of auto-formatting.]

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2013, 11:54:14 pm »

((Hmm, the code window makes it harder for me to do it, for some reason... I can't make things bold or colored, and I kinda prefer making it in a spoiler or something. It's just me though.))

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2013, 12:10:27 am »

[Yeah, didn't think about that. Ignore what I said previous then, more hurt than help.]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2013, 03:55:48 am »

The symbol for Nectarius should preferably be a capital N, normal font.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2013, 04:21:58 am »

A C please

"You have to climb down and back up, but I don't think that would be enough to keep them down."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2013, 06:50:11 am »

((One thing I like to do is just make a basic map in paint (everything mostly black and white with dots and words and small symbols) and upload it to a image host site. Then for any changes I can move things around with the select tool. ASCII sounds kinda pain to do... but that's probably just me lol. Just making a suggestion.

And if you still gonna use ASCII then make me a teal colored "Z".))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2013, 06:59:50 am »

If I get good at making MSPaint pictures, then sure! Why not? But for now, I can't really be bothered with all of the hosting. I might try to make maps on my phone. Can you use images from tablets and upload them onto posts?
Dying of laughter?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2013, 07:35:49 am »

((As far as I know... there's no way to upload images directly to a post. At least not in these forums.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2013, 10:15:32 am »

((As far as I know... there's no way to upload images directly to a post. At least not in these forums.))
Spoiler: Either (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Or (click to show/hide)

((On another note, kudos to the GM. You're representing a world and belief style I morally loathe - cutting and using dead people's bodies instead of giving honorable burials. I mean, the explanation.

It's sincere, and surprising, or probably detailed in an immersive manner...anyway, pretty cool :) ))

Kira took a moment to see off Erin, who was now making her way back to the others, reminding to tell her an "I'll take care of the payment...Yern would probably be glad that he's helping us this way."

The sense of flight, the whisper of the wind and the lack of sure footing under your feet - the memories of minutes ago and the sight of children along Erin's side and carried by her arms was a majestic view, in truth. It was gladdening...but she'd not try anything else above twice her height with anyone but Erin now.

Turning back to the Son of Grimnar, she returned to the others, telling the merchant that she'd be back, calculating from what a 'normal' person would have.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lesee, ten fingers, two hands...do they include the palms without the fingers? Hmm. Let's just subtra-..no that wouldn't make sense. People still pay for palms. But not arms, hmm. Or legs.

One heart...Two Feet. Two hands, ten fingers. All equal to 50 fingers.

((This is a weirdly morbid currency XD Really reminds me of those books I read back in the day that brought out the feeling of "This is a new world. You're in this world. Get used to it :I" in a funny-creative way.

Really nice!))

As Kira returned, she saw everyone else forming a tight knit oval and chatting up. After telling them what was sold in the armory as well as how much they gained from Yern, she spoke.

"Why the sordid topic guys, what did I miss? Didn't hear much except for the looks of disgust and concern on your faces. Also, what do y'all need? I'll be heading back to the tavern to...get our friend's help in paying, if you know what I mean."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:13:09 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16