Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Persona: OOC(looking for players)(Current on break)  (Read 4743 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Persona: OOC(looking for players)(Current on break)
« on: March 30, 2013, 04:01:22 pm »

game thread

Persona: We need a title.

As a big fan of the franchise shin megami tensei, it should be no surprise that something of that would be made into one of my games. Probable going to horrible butcher it, but what can you do?

I never played shin megami tensei and/or persona!

Relax, you don't need to know about any of the shin megami tensei's games(but you may miss Easter eggs about them) and I'll give some background about the persona spin off line. For persona fans just skip to info dump end.

What a persona?

At first, demons in the first “persona” a title call 'Shin Megami Tensei If'. They are then change to manifestation of a person ego or mask in the actually first persona title called 'Persona'. I not play the first two(three, 'Persona 2' was two games that could stand alone, but stories could feed into one another), but in 3 and 4 everyone has one persona(If they could use persona) apart from wild cards that could change their, but are very rare(three to six in those two games depending on the three assistances). And when I said everyone I mean everyone with a dog and a robot in 3 and a shadow in 4.

What a shadow?

It a repressed ego, something that a thinking being(4 has that shadow being attacked by it's shadow, yo dawg) can't face in themselves at least in 4, 3 not clear on the matter. They tend to attack persona users and when the fog lifts everyone nearby in 4 while in 3 anyone awake in the dark hour(a 25th hour). When a being faces it fears and embraced it's shadow, then it become a persona.

Elements

For someone who not play a shin megami tensei play, the elements can be confusing. It is, physical, fire, ice, wind, lightning, light and dark with a non-element one called almighty.

Simple right? No. First resistances are very random, just because the shadow is a ball of fire does not mean that it's weakness is ice, hell sometimes it fire! The shadow type resistances will stay the same so if a glass sword shadow is weak to light so is all others glass sword shadows, but the similar looking ruby sword shadow might be weak to fire, but then so will the others of that type.

Second, spell names. Agi=fire, Bufu=ice, Garu=wind, Zio=lightning, Hama=light and Mudo=dark with Megido=almighty. There also the weird world of buffs and debuffs, but that can wait.

The final niggle is that light and dark are, bar a few odd balls, all instance death spells which has probable made the new guys and gals think “no light or dark for me because instance death spells are useless.”, but you would be wrong. A weakness to not only increase the chance of hitting with a  instance death spell, but will give a one more or extra turn which in a turn-based RPG is awesome. Sure bosses are immune to light and dark, but ask a persona player who in persona 4 was their most valuable character is will say Naoto, the light and dark user(barring the main character because of his wild card ability).

Also physical skills cost health, but most physical focused personas tend to gain regeneration passives.

Info dump end

What the setting?

A college named Longslade with a off land student apartments as the base(like in 3). The name of the city is Linmend(Place name generator) and a company called Paragon is who you are working for. The country is a mismatch of places because I don't care getting everything right, let call it Japanican.

So how do I sign up?

Using these sheets, however there a rub. If you are not one of the first 5, then you are a lost person who will appear on a mission and must be rescued before you can use a persona, but you still fill out a persona sheet long before awakening it.

Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: persona sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:13:02 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Persona: OOC(looking for players)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 04:02:22 pm »

-Active-
Sjm9876(Hastu and Fenrir)
IamanElfCollaborator(Maria Ryan and Chiron)
SomeStupidGuy(Gregor Fischer and Bielobog)
OREOSOME(Nico Williams and Lancelot)
kj1225(Kyle Jameson and Thoth)
-Lost-
Furtuka(Michael Fay and Throne)
-Dead-
No one
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:08:41 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 04:22:48 pm »

not seen this universe before but looks interesting:

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: persona (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:40:18 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 04:29:25 pm »

The arcanes They will minorly effect stats. Also has meaning. Your character would be a good star(17) for example, but it matter little.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 04:39:15 pm »

Sheet before waitlist.
Spoiler: Maria Ryan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chiron (click to show/hide)
....I just realized I've essentially done a female version of Castor. This ok scap?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:07:44 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 04:44:01 pm »

Which Castor? Shinjiro's? Or is it another a Castor like from fate/stay night?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 04:45:44 pm »

Shinji's, yes.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 04:47:16 pm »

Reservificated, writing up a character.

Edit-
Woo. Fun times. :D

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Persona (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:58:02 pm by SomeStupidGuy »
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 04:47:18 pm »

That fine.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 04:54:39 pm »

Sign me up, please.
Sheets coming soon.
EDIT:
Spoiler: Nico Williams (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Lancelot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:08:07 am by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 05:00:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So this is my character.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh my god for once I'm not a waitlister. *Smiles*
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:28:17 pm by kj1225 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 05:41:52 pm »

Hm. I would suggest that this Persona RP name be "Calm Before the Storm". That, and I just realized that EVERYONE except Maria and Gregory has anger issues.

Also, are we allowed to have a Fool, and if so, will they be a Wild Card? I'm staying as a Hierophant, but I just want to know.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:44:45 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 05:50:29 pm »

No one will start out as a fool or wild card. You may be able to become a wild card, I'm still on the fence on that.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 05:51:54 pm »

Hm.....I just realized something.

Someone CAN be a Fool without Wild Card, they'd just be ridiculously underpowered, i.e Adachi (although as he's Lust/Hunger Arcana as of P4G I don't think he counts).

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 05:57:25 pm »

He still took on four persona users and lasted a lot longer then any other persona user could of. Plus I think he more of a Loki user and I like thinking that he did it with the wrong persona.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 06:00:44 pm by scapheap »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6