Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: NOUN PLACE! I HATE TO BE THAT PLUMBER.  (Read 10474 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
NOUN PLACE! I HATE TO BE THAT PLUMBER.
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:50:37 pm »

WELCOME to NOUN PLACE. A GAME about NOUN PLACES. And PLACE NOUNS. NOUN PLACE. PLACE NOUN. NOUN PLACE PLACE NOUN PLACE NOUN. NOUN PLACE. Would take too MANY WORDS to EXPLAIN THE RULES. I have CANDY get in the GAME.

Alright, I have no idea where this is going, but I kinda want to see. The game will be a very simple dungeon crawler, so simple that instead of using random rolls, it'll be a plain skill-based success system. Basically, does your (rather nonsensical) skill fulfil an arbitrary criteria? Is it high/low/even/odd? If so you pass.

The meat of the game will be the dungeon, with each room being based on a noun and a place for some odd and nonsensical exploring. So you could end up travelling through the Imperfection Parkcentre to the Canceler Shore past the Discriminator Playhouse, facing suitable challenges on the way.

Spoiler: Sign-up Sheet (click to show/hide)

If anyone is interested (God knows why), then we'll start as soon as possible. The maximum number of people I'll take is... the number of people who are interested, I guess. If the game gets too unwieldy or people take too long posting their turns I'll probably put a cap on the number of people and introduce a queue/permadeath system or something.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:09:17 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: NOUN PLACE! I HAVE CANDY, GET IN THE GAME!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 03:26:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why not.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 03:34:40 am »

Xantalos
Cosmic horror blah blah blah
1 Sauciness
2 Handstands
3 Moxie
4 Squats
5 Facepunching
6 Memorization
7 Mental Gymnastics
8 Badassery
9 Mind-Control
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 03:45:29 am »

Name: MonkeyHead
Bio/Desc: A Monkey with the head of a man. Or was it the other way around? Either way, some kinda lab/medical experiment gone wrong, now looking for freedom, vengane, and pancakes.

1) Handstands
2) Mental Gymnastics
3) Mind-Control
4) Badassery
5) Sauciness
6) Squats
7) Face Punching
8) Moxie
9) Memorization

This is a blank sig.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 06:46:35 am »

Name: IcyTea
Bio: A loaf of bread that ,surprisingly, got the moves. Crawls the dungeon in search for glory and fame, using it's dance moves to dodge attacks.
1: Moxie
2: Badassery
3: Sauciness
4: Memorization
5: Face Punching
6: Squats
7: Mental Gymnastics
8: Handstands
9: Mind-Control
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 07:00:51 am »

Name: Joe Bridger
Description: Pink bathrobe, long beard, wraparound shades, mid-80s, fedora, bunny slippers, walking stick, falconing glove.
Bio: A crazy and awesome man who has journeyed far on a quest to stop the attempts on his life by crazed prehistoric fish.
Face Punching: 4
Squats: 9
Handstands: 3
Mind-Control: 2
Mental Gymnastics: 6
Memorization: 7
Moxie: 8
Sauciness: 5
Badassery: 1
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:20:57 am by Remuthra »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 07:17:21 am »

Name: Adam "Glitter" Fabulousexplosions
Desc: Wears a pink robe with a black belt and pilots shades has a sheathed vibrating toy and a bottle of lube on his belt. He claims its a ghost catching device.
Bio: Once upon a time he wasnt very fabulous NOW HE IS
Badassery 1
Face punching 2
Mind control 4
Sauciness 3
Moxie 5
Hand stands 7
Squats 6
Mental gymnastics 8
Memorisation 9
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 07:25:02 am »

Name: Bonolime
Description: An unholy cross between the creator's username and avatar, it is essentially a green pirate monkey fruit.
Bio: Well, when a lime and a monkey love each other very much, they make baby GPMFs. Now he's been sailing the seas for treasure and stuff, and so decided to come to this place.

Moxie: 1
Squats: 2
Sauciness: 3
Face Punching: 4
Badassery: 5
Handstands: 6
Mental Gymnastics: 7
Memorisation: 8
Mind Control: 9
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:29:28 am by borno »

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 07:38:19 am »

Name: Regular Davis
Desc: Twin talking swords that think as one unit
Bio: Got fed up with the idiodicy of it's previous owner and decided to strike out on it's own.

Face Punching - 7
Squats  - 9
Handstands - 8
Mind-Control - 5
Mental Gymnastics - 2
Memorization - 1
Moxie - 6
Sauciness - 3
Badassery - 4

EDIT: To avoid breaking the narrative, I am now two swords.  Won't happen again I promise.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:21:08 pm by Griffionday »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 11:20:16 am »

Name:Grizzly Adams
Description:A horse-riding manly bear.
Background: Amnesiac that's kinda just wandering around. What's a bear?
Skills:
Memorization 1
Mind-Control 2
Mental Gymnastics 3
Moxie 4
Sauciness 5
Squats 6
Hand Stands 7
Badassery 8
Face Punching 9
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:45:18 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
NOUN PLACE! ST. MACMASTER'S GENERAL
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 01:04:05 pm »

NOUN PLACE NOUN PLACE PLACE NOUN NOUN NOUN PLACE PLACE NOUN PLACE.

MAN, what an AWESOME PARTY. Did you SEE the ANDREWS SISTERS? So HOT. And then JEFFERSON started SINGING like a BOSS. BEST PARTY EVER. Too BAD you got PISS DRUNK and FORGOT everything. EVERYTHING MAN. EVEN when WASHINGTON took off his TOP and DANCED DRUNKENLY. THAT WAS AMAZING. BEST PRESIDENT EVER.

Now you've waken up in the TOASTER HOSPITAL. A HOSPITAL for TOASTERS? What WACKY and INCONSIDERATE FRIENDS you have. BEDS full of TOASTERS line the WALLS. TOASTER DOCTORS move between them doing DOCTORY stuff. There is a DOOR to the NORTH labelled 'FREE CANDY'. The WESTERN DOOR is BLOCKED by TOASTERS. The SOUTHERN DOOR has a SHINY BRONZE PADLOCK. What's BEHIND the DOOR? I don't KNOW, but it must be AWESOME. The EASTERN WALL is covered in SICKLY GREEN CURTAINS. EWW. Who PICKS these COLOURS? It's like VOMIT MIXED with SNAIL SNOT.

After the greatest party in the existence of parties, everyone wakes up in some kind of hospital for toasters, though not everyone was at the party. IcyTea, for instance, was totally getting it on with the Andrews sisters, while MonkeyHead was merely chilling in his cage in the hospital, which was then broken open by the drunken antics of the party-goers. Either way, only fame and fortune awaits all of you, for you have found yourself in NOUN PLACE, a mythical and legendary dungeon that makes as much sense as the US Presidents travelling through time to host the greatest party ever.

The current room everyone finds themselves in is a TOASTER HOSPITAL. Beds are lined up in neat and orderly rows, with sick and broken toasters lying on them while mysterious hospital machines quietly go beep and boop every couple of seconds. The door to the north is labelled 'FREE CANDY' in crudely drawn black markers, which is good because nobody seems to have started with any candy, only a random and no-doubt useless item. The western door in this room is blocked by a large stack of dead toasters, each carefully wrapped in toaster body bags. It'd be a grim and sad sight if, you know, you were a toaster. The southern door to the room is locked with a large bronze padlock, the kind that are invulnerable and are impossible to open without a key. It's probably not the door you all entered from, especially when that jerkbag Andrew Jackson can bend time and space. Besides the toaster doctors wandering around tending to their patients, the only thing interesting in this room is the line of curtains along the eastern wall, through which you can hear a different set of beeps and boops.

Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PLAYERS (click to show/hide)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
Re: NOUN PLACE! ST. MACMASTER'S GENERAL
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 01:07:05 pm »

Name: Jakonas
Background: ???
Description: Has grey eyes, brown hair, constantly wears NOPANTS (which are an item, if removed or stolen, he appears wearing distasteful khakis that he hates) and a forest green jacket.

Face Punching: 1
Badassery: 2
Mind-Control: 3
Moxie: 4
Memorization: 5
Sauciness: 6
Squats: 7
Handstands: 8
Mental Gymnastics: 9

Am I too late?

Anyways, Open Free Candy door. Then, Use Face Punching in conjunction with Badassery to remove toasters from west wall.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:10:56 pm by CyberUrist »
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 01:08:25 pm »

"Guh so hungry. Hey toast doctor! Sacrifice yourself to me!
Mind Control! Eat corpse of toast doctor! Get his soul and add it to my collection! Get someone else to open free candy door!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:46:16 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 01:15:35 pm »

"Theres gotta be some kind of magnets around here, and I am gonna go get me some!"

Pick up dead toaster, wave ID around yelling : "This unit needs to get to the MRI, STAT!", and try and find the MRI lab...
This is a blank sig.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 01:37:19 pm »

"Come on, Sasha! Where there's candy there must be crowbars!"
Rip down the curtains, then go through the free candy door.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9